Its friday! What are the lowest calorie alcohol drinks?

Options

Replies

• TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    White wine is lower in calories than red wine. Also, going with a stronger spirit in a non or low calorie mixer, you'll save a lot of calories. For instance, Bacardi 151 and diet soda in a tall glass or whiskey on the rocks with a splash of water.

Or you could just take a couple of shots to get your drink on, and sip on some water or iced tea while out socializing.
  • AthenaArcher
    AthenaArcher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sugar-Free Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe

Add 6 fresh hulled strawberries, 1 shot of light rum, ¾ shot of freshly squeezed lime juice and a scoop of crushed ice to your blender. Blend and serve in a chilled cocktail glass.

If you want a bit more sweetness dip the rim of your glass in sugar.

light rum 69 cal.
    strawberries 49 cal. per cup
    lime juice 5 cal.
    total 123 cal.

with the daiquiri you get the benefit of the strawberries and the lime.

Pina Colada Cooler
    1 1/2 ounces coconut-flavored rum
    3 ounces pineapple juice
    4 ounces sparkling water
    1 tablespoon of Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut Lite (found in the drink mixers section of many supermarkets)
    Pour ingredients over ice and stir.
    Calories: 165

if you want a beer,
    Pabst Extra Light Low Alcohol is only 67 per 12 oz serving which is stunning, and Molson Light which is up to 82 for the same quantity. One of the few other beers coming in under 100 is Anheuser Busch Natural Light, at 95 calories per 12 oz.

if you want wine
    white zinfandel tends to be one of the safest bets with a modest 80 calories. Other smart choices are Chablis, at 85, and chardonnays with around 90 calories all from 4 oz servings.with wine you get the benefit of all the good stuff from the grapes.

A good site to look at is www.get drunk not fat.com some of there numbers are a little kind but it gives you a starting place.

Everything in moderation have fun.And if you are going out to drink bring a designated driver so you will be back her on Monday and not somewhere a lot less fun. Drunk driving charges for your first offence can run you anywhere from 20,000.00-50,000.00 not to mention if your are in a wreak it is much worse. Not fun at all. :)
  • ascotton80
    ascotton80 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Clear liquor with diet soda or water is the lowest calorie drink, period.
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am on super diet beer ! It's kicking to potato chips that is a problem !
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    flavored vodka and soda water :)

My favorite! Stick with decent vodka though. Cheap flavored vodka is too harsh for just soda water.

I agree! Flavored vodka and club soda is my drink of choice. Raspberry stoli and club soda with lemon is really good. Or a spiced rum and club soda on ice. Each is only about 70 calories
  • Jbvbhl
    Jbvbhl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you like sweet, try the new skinny girl Pina Colada. It is 33 calories for 1.5 oz. It is a little sweet, without the brain freeze...
  • wtlos4me
    wtlos4me Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum with diet coke and a twist of lime. When I can find it, I will also use Captain Morgan's Taboo, which is a step up from the Spiced Rum with a deeper vanilla flavor and delicious! Calories are calories...so just make sure to count them into your daily amount. A 1 ounce serving of spiced rum is 60 calories. Add a couple for a squeeze of lime, and diet coke and you are under 65 calories!

The only warning I offer is that...alcohol reduces our inhibitions and of course our resistance to FOOD!!! If you can have a drink and not want to munch on cheese and crackers,ect. Go for it!

P.S. If you are at a bar, ask them for a tall diet coke with lime and a shot of "rum" on the side. This way it is measured and you know how much alcohol you are getting. Sans that...a glass of wine runs about 25 calories per ounce, with a bit more for sweet or dessert wines due to sugar content.

Have fun!
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Just remember to drink more water when you drink so you don't get dehydrated and then hang on to too much water in the following days. It's not the calories that get me it's the water weight.

I also go for rum and diet. Spiced rum and diet sprite is yummy too tastes like cream soda.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Vodka and low cal anything - fizzy water is calorie free

vodka is pure alcohol - beer is higher calories (about 100) - depends how much you drink

add lemon or lime (the fruit, not cordial) to add flavour - or just drink the water on its own and drive everyone home - (and nuts!)
  • begreenbe
    begreenbe Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light Lemonade, Blueberry Vodka, and a little Blueberry Syrup (found next to the Maple Syrup). Awesome!!
  • kate4vt
    Options
    I second the Crystal Light and Vodka! It has been my drink of choice since starting on MFP.

Get creative with it. There are a ton of flavors of both. This weekend, I tried Pinnacle Key Lime Pie Vodka and Lemonade Crystal Light. Freaking delish.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Personally, i prefer quality rather than quantity! I have red wine 3/4 nights a week, just a small glass of 120 cals.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Vodka and soda water.
  • Eamarelo
    Options
    Hey!

I was in a nutrition course through my work and asked the counsellor her thoughts. She mentioned the same items as people have posted already (i.e. vodka and water, etc...) but she made another fantastic valid point...If you want to indulge and have something higher calorie and are able to budget for it in your day, say like having a pint of beer, drink it slower; you are less likely to drink more of it and become fuller quicker when you sip it.

Hope this helps :)
  • Girl_Bomb
    Options
    Vodka water & lime....vodka, club soda & lemon or I'll use a little pure orange juice, cranberry or v8
  • nadeema55
    Options
    As long as you 're not as daft as me - i really thought vodka had zero calories until this Wednesday when I'd had 5 Vodka ann cranberries , 1 glass of champagne and a baileys - only on logging into myfitnesspal did I realise , and even then i had to google to confirm - stupid or what!
    Anyways If i really want a drink it will be slimline G&T or white wine soda from now on.
    Have your Friday drink enjoy it as the bartender guy says 2-3 will make you happy and doesn't do too much damage. Happy Friday!!
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    my husband drinks vodka, and has replaced the juice with water and a few squirts of mio. its actually really good. tastes like kool aid. he makes VERY strong drinks and i can barley taste the alcohol in it.
  • CariBgood
    CariBgood Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I usually have flavored vodka and then I take the Crystal Light on the go drink packets and mix it with a bottle of water.... It's about 70 calories per ounce of vodka and 5 calories for the mixer. It's refreshing. My fave is Blueberry Stoli and lemonade. Now I will admit that I have no self control on Friday evening so I pay dearly for the extravagance.... but like all things... I'm trying to do better.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm having vodka and lemonade atm, cheers! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • nhowe87
    nhowe87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Vodka and soda water with two limes! Hydration and alcohol combined ;)