Having trouble getting back on track after my holiday HELP !

Options
Since I came back from my hols, I'm finding it hard to get back on track, I'm in the 'Oh that bit of cheesecake won't hurt' stage again. Any suggestions to get back onto not snacking between my low cal/low fat meals? All help greatfully accepted xx

Replies

• jenmilne12
    Options
    anyone?
  • Treesy72
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I just have to really focus and push myself to get on track again, it gets easier everyday. I was contemplating baking cookies two nights ago, then I thought, I know I won't only eat one, I'll eat the whole darn batch and then feel so terrible so NO! So I had a skinny cow ice cream bar and went to bed, felt great in the morning which made the day go smoother.
  • jenmilne12
    Options
    Re Re started today, just needed a couple of days of roast beef and yorkshire puddings, Now got my diet head back on, thanks for the reply x
  • jennco3
    jennco3 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow Im suprised you didnt get a lot of response.
    Im kind of going through this myself. If you just have to have that piece of cheese cake try and only have half. Things like that help me. Its a slow restart but it will keep you from going over board with the bad stuff.
  • OliveDove18
    Options
    Eat 6 times a day. This will help you to stay full all day long and it will trick your mind into thinking that you are snacking. This is called grazing, and it is something that everyone should do. Eating small, healthy meals all day long will keep your metabolism running strong and won't allow your body time to feel hungry. I want to give you an example:

This is how I eat and it works for me:

7:00am- 3 egg whites & 2 turkey sausage links

10:00am- 1 yogurt cup

12:30pm- Turkey sandwich on 2 slices of bread w/ lettuce, tomato and banana peppers & 7 strawberries

3:00pm- cup of raw broccoli with 2 tbs of french onion dip

5:00pm- 1 cup of wheat pasta with 1/2 cup sauce & 3 turkey balls (like a meatball)

7:00pm- Skinny cow ice cream sandwich

This is one example of my daily intake. I also make sure I workout (usually at night time). This way I am not eating too soon before I go to sleep (9:30 most nights) and I don't feel hungry during the day. I also make sure that I have something to drink (no sugar beverages) throughout the entire day. Water is the best choice, but doet soda is my guilty pleasure.

I hope this helps, it's worked for me. GOODLUCK!

-Laura
  • Sarnir
    Sarnir Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was just about to search for post on this topic, and this was the very first post to appear in the motivation section! I'm nearly 2 weeks back from holidays, and I'm finding it tough to get back on track diet wise. I'm back in my exercise routine, but I'm finding it difficult to say no to junk food! I'm hoping to take back controlof my cravings this week, and start being good again. We can do it!
  • absolutnonsense
    Options
    Same!
    Went to a festival over the weekend and basically ate/drank my bodyweight in cider, pie and rum.
    Although it was somewhere really mountainous and my *kitten* muscles hurt every day from walking, do hopefully might have exercised/danced a good amount of it off!

Back to my black coffee, no sugar ad bowl of veg couscous for lunch today was such a massive sulk though! Relaxed so much that it felt wierd to get up and start logging again today, and I'd been pretty diligent about it til now.

Sure it'll all click back in to place again when I start exercising again tomorrow. Hopefully!
  • jenmilne12
    Options
    Still struggling as you can see from my food diary and its my anniversary today so that won't help tonight lol