Need encouragement!

Options
Hi, I joined 5 days ago, I have eaten 1200 calories per day as suggested and have worked out between 60-90 minutes per day. I know it is soon but I have not lost one ounce! I won't give up but could use some encouragement. Also I am at an age where it is more difficult to lose weight, not an excuse just a fact.

Replies

• shimewazaMan
    Options
    Hey there. Feel free to add me. I know it's hard but try not to look at the scale too much. Focus on the improvements you are making to your health. The weight loss will come!
  • ClophusM
    ClophusM Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just sent a friend request to you. Don't give up. Focus on the other changes - do you feel better, sleeping better? The weight loss will come but sometimes in the past I've lost the most weight when I was focused on a non-weight related goal - like running a race. You can do it!!!
  • Cturtle7
    Options
    Don't give up... it is frustrating but you will get over this hill and be on your way :-)
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I am 49, so I understand the challenges we face. Feel free to add me and join some other women on the same journey. Have you been dieting up to this point already? If so, you may not get the weight loss you may typically expect on the first week. Hang in there and it will come. Would be happy to share what is working for me and and help with encouragement and motivation.
  • takahler66
    takahler66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I just joined a month ago and need all the encouragement I can get. :-) We can do this! Don't give up!
  • kosmo24
    kosmo24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling ! have been using MFP since the 20 th of Aug and for not ever wanting to be a calorie counter I love this app. For 2 weeks straight I was actually losing weight everyday anywhere from .2-1.2 lbs for total of 11lbs, then for some reason Monday morning was 1.2 lbs gain. Im doing 1200-1500 calories a day with elipticsl couple - 3 days a week and walk everyday 2.5-5 mile. Cant explain the gain and its been 5 days of same eating and exercise and still .4 lbs heavier than last Sunday. I know the scale isnt everything but you have to wonder when its going up . Its frustrating when I read how 300lb guys get to 185lbs and I started at 236 and cant seem to break the 209 plateau. ughh makes for long days.
  • Tanimom
    Tanimom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I find it's easier to stay on track if I focus on 2 things: taking it a day at a time, just doing what I need to do and (2) thinking for the long term. This isn't, for me, just about weight loss. It's about changing how I feel about my relationship with food, how I manage stress when it comes to food. The rest will take care of itself. I just joined less than a week ago at the encouragement of my daughters. But prior to this, I lost almost 70# on Weight Watchers. It took about 6 years and a year to learn to just maintain what I've lost. So it came off slow but I learned a lot about my relationship with food. It's helping me now take off the remaining 40#. MFP is a God-sent! Feel free to add me as a friend if I can help (and visa versa!)