Eggs & Oatmeal for breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Huh. Never knew that was the recommeded breakfast.
    I have it because it's cheap and quick. I cook 1/4 cup oatmeal in the microwave and then add 1tsp honey and either cinnamon, fruit, nuts, coconut, vanilla, etc. And I keep eggs boiled and peeled in the fridge (in a covered container) so I can just grab one. I'm not a morning person.
  • Maria_81
    Options
    I throw them both in a smoothie with bananas, frozen fruit, spinach. can't taste anything
  • sarahbeanz
    sarahbeanz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ok well looks like i might try it this weekend (Sunday) and then if i like it, i might try it more often...just sounds ichey.
  • ShannRenae
    Options
    I eat them both 4 breakfast...I scarmbled the eggs & microwave my oatmeal...trust me they arent mixing them 2getha...LOL! They just eat them together.,,kinda like pancakes & eggs, except its oatmeal & eggs....sumtimes oatmeal & 2 boiled eggs tho.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal & 2 eggs every morning! I cook them seperately and let my body do the mixing!
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    Options
    The bodybuilding sites recommend oats because they are a complex carb and gets your metabolism revved up for the day. The eggs are for the protein. If you don't like the taste or texture, experiment with additions of veggies to the eggs and fruit to the oatmeal. This is my go-to breakfast.
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    bump to review later.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I make baked oatmeal, so it has eggs in it. I would never eat just egg whites though, unless it was a meringue or something.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    The bodybuilding sites recommend oats because they are a complex carb and gets your metabolism revved up for the day.

no food, including oatmeal, "gets your metabolism revved up for the day".
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Bumpin for breakfast ! I used to eat oats but then the carbs are sorta high :(

oatmeal is the most over rated food on the planet,

it tastes crappy unless you add stuff to it. what is the point? a bunch of carbs...big deal. I eat for taste and enjoyment.

there is nothing special about oatmeal.

give me 6 eggs any style and 8 slices of bacon. BAM!

It's delicious when you add stuff to it, if it's the right stuff. Try adding cocoa, butter, and milk and boil for a full minute, then stir in peanut butter and voila, you've got a kick-*kitten* no-bake cookie! :tongue:

For breakfast, I like it baked. :smokin:
  • bet3120
    bet3120 Posts: 125
    Options
    i think that means you can eat oatmeal or eggs in your breakfast
  • crazylovergrl
    crazylovergrl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    As you've probably noticed, you can eat them any way you'd like! There are millions of possibilities here, but the key is not to add refined sugar to your oatmeal. That will outweigh the benefits of eating a complex carb/ protein combo. Oil is ok with your eggs if you'd like (non- starchy veggies also make a nice addition for a filling breakfast!) I use stevia and cinnamon or sweeten with frozen or fresh berries in my oatmeal, but I've also used cocoa powder and stevia or peanut butter.... or both... yum...

What this mixture does is balance out the glycogen in/ out of your muscles. It really is a perfect breakfast and is super satisfying. I use egg whites btw for lower calories.

:)
  • Brynne_Kathryn
    Brynne_Kathryn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A little late to the game, but I tried mixing them together for the first time today and it was nothing like the gross mess that I expected.

It made the oatmeal kind of creamy and almost fluffy.

What I did was mix 1/2 cup oatmeal and 1 cup water in a pot on the stove and cooked it over med-high for about 5 minutes, till the water was about 3/4 absorbed, then I stirred in 4 egg whites and kept stirring for about 5 min. Took it off the heat, and stirred in 1tsp brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 an apple, chopped.
    You get about double the volume of oatmeal somehow, plus protein to balance out the carbs. Tasted like apple French toast. I am absolutely doing it again.

The trick is to stir constantly after you add the eggs, or else you will have scrambled egg whites mixed with oatmeal. Significantly less delicious..

Next time I am going to only use 1/3 cup oatmeal and 2/3 cup water and maybe 2 or 3 whites. It made a HUGE portion, which I was not expecting.
  • 1fitchick00
    1fitchick00 Posts: 155
    Options
    I can't speak for anyone else but I sure as heck don't mix the two... lol I have my oatmeal in a bowl with milk and brown sugar and I prefer egg beaters and make them scrambled with some peppers and onions and mushrooms... Best of Luck

This is by far the best way to do it. Although some people actually do mix them together they cook their oatmeal on the stove and mix water and egg whites into it. I personally don't like it that way!! It tastes weird to me, so I seperate them!!
  • ichoose2believe
    ichoose2believe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    A little late to the game, but I tried mixing them together for the first time today and it was nothing like the gross mess that I expected.

It made the oatmeal kind of creamy and almost fluffy.

What I did was mix 1/2 cup oatmeal and 1 cup water in a pot on the stove and cooked it over med-high for about 5 minutes, till the water was about 3/4 absorbed, then I stirred in 4 egg whites and kept stirring for about 5 min. Took it off the heat, and stirred in 1tsp brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 an apple, chopped.
    You get about double the volume of oatmeal somehow, plus protein to balance out the carbs. Tasted like apple French toast. I am absolutely doing it again.

The trick is to stir constantly after you add the eggs, or else you will have scrambled egg whites mixed with oatmeal. Significantly less delicious..

Next time I am going to only use 1/3 cup oatmeal and 2/3 cup water and maybe 2 or 3 whites. It made a HUGE portion, which I was not expecting.
    Bump... Gotta try this.