Women - Extra Skin :(

Options
2»

Replies

• Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have extra skin from my weight loss after having my daughter and I am in desperate need of motivation. My diet has been off and I haven't been exercising because I feel like it's pointless with this skin hiding any results! Have any of you women had this problem? Or do you know how to make it go away without a tummy tuck? Any pictures you have would be awesome as well. I'm really needing some support!

You don't have saggy skin with your weight loss. You have saggy fat. Skin is a few millimeters thick. Almost transparent. It's the thickness of your eye lid. You can simply gain the weight back, if it's so depressing. This is what "saggy skin" looks like

saggy-belly-fit-woman.jpg

saggy fat looks like this
    scaled.php?server=155&filename=photo1bp8.jpg&res=landing

As someone who just started, and just had a baby 6mo ago, this oddly encouraged me. I thought it was "Just skin" and I was having motivation problems. What if I always have the pooch, even after I lose the weight? Nooo!!! But looking at this photo? Made me not have that feeling anymore. :)
  • NoCoolUsername
    NoCoolUsername Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have an 'overhang' from my c-section. It has got better since I lost the weight.

I'm 28 and have had 2 kids and have been pretty fat.

Working out has helped but no, I will never have a smooth flat stomach but I don't care because I am the healthiest I've ever been
  • mama78loosinWeight
    Options
    hello,
    I have been fit and then fat, then back to fit and fat again... now working back to fit and thin again. lol.
    After my 1st child I lost 120lbs over a year through diet and lots of exercise. The best advice I got on skin care was to take hot baths with 4-5 green tea bags in them, ex-foliate really well (I used a natural sponge) and use a great moisturiser multiple times a day. If nothing else I could always remember to put lotion on the problem areas in the morning and the evening...most of the time I could remember to add a 3rd time in there. Now Nevia, and Jergens makes excellent skin firming products for pretty cheep like $5-7 a 16oz bottle. Regardless what you use, it is just important you stay moisturised. I never had left over skin following this regime. That was a few years ago. Now that I am on the path back to fit again it will be interesting to see if it works as good as it did the 1st time. :laugh:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Do people get saggy skin if they "only" have 20 or 25 pounds to lose? Or is it one of those questions we can't answer for sure because it depends on the individual's age, genetics, time taken to gain the weight?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!