Hey You!....Yes YOU!

cnels200
cnels200 Posts: 7
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Greetings & Salutations!
My name is Craig and I'm here just like most of you all are...to monitor my weight loss and dietary intake. This isn't a new year's resolution, this is for the long haul. I've been working out off and on for a while, of course lately it's been more off than on! lol But that's all about to change! It's time to do the thing! If you feel the same way I'm feeling, add me as a friend. We're all reaching for the same goal!

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Welcome and good luck with your goals!!! :drinker:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Nice to meet you!! Keep us posted!
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Here's to making our goals:drinker:
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Glad to have you! That determination and self-motivation is going to make it a lot easier for you down the road, when the scale refuses to budge. This is a great little community, so welcome! :smile:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Craig,

Welcome bro...stick to it and you will be more than happy with the results..
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Welcome & good luck on reaching your goals!! :drinker:
  • greg24bailey
    greg24bailey Posts: 13 Member
    Good luck to you, I think that this site is great at people helping people keep motivated, but it also helps if you have someone on your journey with you. This is MY list of things not necessarily goals but I just labeled them that way.

Goal #1: Quit making excuses and do it! I made excuses for 10 years as the weight packed on (130 pounds) AND I work in a College Rec Center!
    Goal #2: Make small achievable goals, and if you don't succeed keep trying! I've made 12 goals to get me where I want to go along my journey and I've achieved three since starting my life change in December.
    Goal #3: Don't look at the scale...think about how it makes you feel after working out and eating better, then how the clothes start getting bigger. My biggest WOW moment was walking up and down stairs and NOT being winded afterwards.
    Goal #4: It WILL take time, weight doesn't just magically fall off...It truly takes THREE weeks to form a habit!
    Goal #5: Don't be super-strict on everything...allow yourself rewards occassionaly, but beware how often the rewards occur.
    Goal #6: Focus on ALL aspects - exercise, eating right, enough sleep and most important emotionally and spiritually (not that I'm religious but having faith in yourself and your friends to help).
    Goal #7: Pay It Forward! Helping others helps yourself with knowledge and becoming better at what you're doing.

I still have over 100 pounds to go, but I'm 29 pounds lighter than I was just eight weeks ago...and that is what keeps my motivated, along with my wife and my 20 month old son.

Good luck!
    Greg
  • Welcome! good luck in reaching your goals. This community is a great place for support and inspiration. i know you can do this!!
  • Thanks to all for your encouragement!! Ya'll make me wanna cry or somethin! :cry:
  • Thanks to all for your encouragement!! Ya'll make me wanna cry or somethin! :cry:
This discussion has been closed.