Then & Now - But done a different way

Options

Replies

• 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    Now that's just awesome! Doesn't it feel great?!?! You look wonderful and I know you feel just as good now as you did 30 years ago. Congratulations!!! And that's a pretty great wife you've got there to think to do that for you. Give her a big hug:flowerforyou:

I've been giving her a big hug nearly every day for the past 35 years now! But I'll be sure to give her an extra one today! thanks!
  • johnmcfarm
    Options
    Well, looks like you are right in line for achieving that incredibly impressive goal of 34 for 35! You bring up a great point with your favorite jean jacket. I don't have mine, but I will certainly look forward to buying a new one when I lose my weight! Won't be the same of course, but it will still be mighty sweet.

I was just thinking yesterday about how nice it will be to wear Levi jeans again! You really are an inspiration, thanks!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    All things are new again.....
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    and I love the jean jacket..never goes out of style..enjoy it!

Kim
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT!!! WOW Great pictures! Congratulations!
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    So cool! You are rockin' that jacket and I would absolutely wear it in public. Nice work, and very cool of your wife.
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Wow what a wonderful surprise! I hope that keeps your spirits lifted all week long :smile:
    I vote you keep the jacket - wear it when you feel "country" and use it on weekend trips and camping expeditions and when you want to feel that Rocky Mountain High again. Besides, if you keep it around, you'll periodically be seeing how well it stil fits LOL Fashion Fit Tracker LOL:laugh:
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Should we vote on what I should do with the jacket?

:heart: Wear it in public

:noway: Don't wear it in public

:smokin: PUT IT IN THE FIRE - NOT JUST NEXT TO THE FIRE!

:yawn: put it back where you found it

Oh yah, lookin' cool! Definitely wear it in public. So where is all your snow?!?
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! And hey, we're all still John Denver Fans. Take Me Home...Country Roads...

To the place I belong, West Virginia, mountain mama...take me home, country roads!

(Sorry, couldn't help it...WV is my adopted home state)
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Congrats, 34...that's awesome!
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I vote wear it - good on you for all your hard work.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I vote wear it. Jean jackets are alway in.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    You look great! I totally say wear it! :smile:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    You look great. I bet it looks good with the pants too:bigsmile: Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration to us all.

Oh yeah! Forgot about the pants! :laugh:

Should we vote on what I should do with the jacket?

:heart: Wear it in public

:noway: Don't wear it in public

:smokin: PUT IT IN THE FIRE - NOT JUST NEXT TO THE FIRE!

:yawn: put it back where you found it
    Great job :drinker:

Wear it in public. It's a part of who you are.
  • MyFamilyRox15
    MyFamilyRox15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    :happy: :drinker:
    WOW! Thanks for sharing! I,too, have some really "cool" clothes that I hope to fit back into one day!
    I say Keep that Jacket and wear it proudly! I think it looks great!
    What a Milestone!
    That's the kind of a jacket that could be a family heirloom......... like 'Grandmas Feather Bed!":wink:
  • teb1215
    Options
    Fantastic! You are truly an inspiration! How long did it take you to lose the first 100 pounds? You look Mahvelous!
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    well done, that is fantastic! :drinker:
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    Fantastic! You are truly an inspiration! How long did it take you to lose the first 100 pounds? You look Mahvelous!

Thanks! I lost the first 100 in about a year. Maybe a bit more. But steady progress and keeping the correct attitude toward weight loss was key when I hit the the plateaus along the way. Just kept telling myself that this is not a diet. It is a lifestyle change that I have made. The weight will come off but the real reason is to improve my health by getting off of these meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar so I can live a longer, healthier life. And I have been successful completely in reaching that goal. My latest bloodwork showed everything was great! In fact, my triglycerides level of 50 is less than my good cholesterol level of 54! And my total cholesterol is only 143.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I Love your before and after! Congratulations on the amazing weightloss!:flowerforyou:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    :heart: Wear it! I think it's perfectly retro-stylish! I think you really have a thing going here. Plus if you feel good in it you'll look like a million bucks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!