Lunch for under 400 calories

thedreamhazer
thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
Share your recipes!

My lunch today:

1 cup of steamed carrots and peas, peppered to taste: 75 calories
Mozzarella and basil quesadilla: 1 wheat flour tortilla: 130 calories, 2 ounces of fresh mozzarella: 160 calories, 3 leaves of fresh basil: 1 calorie

Total meal nutrition: Cal: 366 Carbs: 38 Fat: 14 Protein: 17 Sodium: 510

Totally delicious, and good and filling! Especially good if you're trying to do the lots of small meals plan.

Replies

• Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Ham sandwich with a yogury with some fruit. Boring i know but easy and under 400calories
  • Ladybug610
    Ladybug610 Posts: 24 Member
    romaine lettuce with purdue short cut chicken strips and light italian dressing. I like it because you can eat a ton of lettuce, and the servings size of chicken was perfect. Yummmm

Oh and it was about 154 cals!!!
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Mine was pretty boring.

I had 1 cup of Campbell's V8 Butternut Squash soup and some crackers. Only 210 calories. I brought an apple too but the soup and crackers filled me up. I will eat the apple in a little while.
  • i had josephs pita = 60 cals
    with a tablespoon of pizza sauce=10 cals(if that)
    1 string cheese spread on top= 60 cals
    pepper to taste
    130ish calorie pizza! yuummm
    also had a spinach salad with balsamic vinegar and taboulie on top, boring but little calories haha
  • nikkie77
    nikkie77 Posts: 8 Member
    I usually have a spinach salad with light ranch and a nice light soup. Cal: 180 add in some fruit and wheat crackers and your still under and full.
    Also try baked chicken and baked sweet potato. Cal: 300 lots of great vitamins and it really fills you up.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Bump
  • amanda0328
    amanda0328 Posts: 5 Member
    I've been eating those Health Choice Fresh Mixers and some will say Marie Callender. Those around 400 Calories and I look at the total fat as well which should be around 6-10g depending on what you get. I love it. Perfect portion of food and it is actually really good.
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Mine's also boring but its very filling.

Turkey sandwich consisting of:
    3 slices of Hillshire farm deli select turkey
    2 slices of Schwebel's Lite Wheat Bread (35 calories a slice!)
    Less than a tablespoon of mustard

7 Reduced Fat Triscuits OR 6 regular triscuits OR 37 Goldfish crackers

Some sort of veggie - a few little stalks of celery or half a cucumber, sliced

Sometimes I'll have a Quaker Oat chewy bar (the 25% less sugar kind) if I'm exercising and need calories.

That all adds up to 250-395ish calories.

If I have something I consider a treat (the bar OR the goldfish, never both in the same meal), then it's on the heavier side of 395.
  • I like a small bowl of chili (homemade, with ground turkey instead of beef, and plenty of veggies) and a cheese-n-onion quesadilla. I only use 1 tortilla, and just fold it in half, with reduced-fat shredded cheese and chopped onions inside. Add a little salsa, and I'm at exactly 395 calories.
  • 5 Ian's Chicken Nuggets
    Kraft BBQ sauce
    Raw veggies
    Hummus
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    4oz Chicken breast, 1/2 cup of rice, 1 cup of steamed petite beans. Less than 400 and filling! Not to mention the 16ozs of water!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member

There's bread that's only 35 calories per slice?!

Wow. I need that. I've been lamenting the lack of sandwiches in my life.
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Portabello Mushroom Burger w/ Caramelized onions:

1 Oroweat Sandwich thin
    1 grilled Portabello mushroom cap
    1/4 cup caramelized onions
    1 slice sargento reduced fat swiss cheese slice
    1/2 cup spinach
    2 slices tomato

Cal: 328
    carb: 28
    fat: 11
    Protein: 13
    sodium: 278
    sugar: 3

I caramelized the onions in a little EVOO in a nonstick skillet. This usually takes about 20-30minutes but it's sooooo good. I replace regular lettuce with spinach and of course the meat becomes the mushroom cap. I converted my husband into a believer of this burger. He loves it! It's also good with just grilled red onions instead of the caramelized ones if you're short on time.

Enjoy!
    ~Christy
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member

There's bread that's only 35 calories per slice?!

Wow. I need that. I've been lamenting the lack of sandwiches in my life.

Yes! There are a few! Just make sure there is no HFCS and nothing is enriched. Healthy Life is the best that I have found out there. Its 35 a slice, WHOLE wheat, and no HFCS...and its good...they are small but you get to fill them in more with other calories that the bread is not taking up!
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Also, Campbells Healthy (Something) Light makes some GREAT soups...the whole can is only 100-120 calories and they are soooo filling! You can do a cup of soup (half the can) for 50-60 calories and a sandwich (70 calories in bread, cheese and 3oz of jennie-o cajun turkey (yummo!) for under 300 calories!!

YUMMO!!!! and soooo filling!
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Wonder Bread has a couple of light breads (white, wheat and italian) that I think are 40 cals per slice
  • I eat a lot of frozen meals at lunch because they are proportioned. Today I have Michelina's Signature Salisbury steak with roasted pototoes (220 cals), plus 2/3 cup green beans (30 cals) and a navel orange for desert (80 cals). 330 calories total plus coffee :D
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    bump
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    I had a very filling lunch both recipes were provided by MFP:flowerforyou:

1 cup Borscht (76 cals)
    1 hungry girl egg roll (93 cals)
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    I cooked a mixture of black beans, corn, onions and red pepper cooked and served it over quinoa. Very filling and comes in at 394 calories and is high in protein and fiber.
This discussion has been closed.