Lunch for under 400 calories

Options
thedreamhazer
thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
Share your recipes!

My lunch today:

1 cup of steamed carrots and peas, peppered to taste: 75 calories
Mozzarella and basil quesadilla: 1 wheat flour tortilla: 130 calories, 2 ounces of fresh mozzarella: 160 calories, 3 leaves of fresh basil: 1 calorie

Total meal nutrition: Cal: 366 Carbs: 38 Fat: 14 Protein: 17 Sodium: 510

Totally delicious, and good and filling! Especially good if you're trying to do the lots of small meals plan.

Replies

• Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    Ham sandwich with a yogury with some fruit. Boring i know but easy and under 400calories
  • Ladybug610
    Ladybug610 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    romaine lettuce with purdue short cut chicken strips and light italian dressing. I like it because you can eat a ton of lettuce, and the servings size of chicken was perfect. Yummmm

Oh and it was about 154 cals!!!
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Mine was pretty boring.

I had 1 cup of Campbell's V8 Butternut Squash soup and some crackers. Only 210 calories. I brought an apple too but the soup and crackers filled me up. I will eat the apple in a little while.
  • nurseandi
    Options
    i had josephs pita = 60 cals
    with a tablespoon of pizza sauce=10 cals(if that)
    1 string cheese spread on top= 60 cals
    pepper to taste
    130ish calorie pizza! yuummm
    also had a spinach salad with balsamic vinegar and taboulie on top, boring but little calories haha
  • nikkie77
    nikkie77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I usually have a spinach salad with light ranch and a nice light soup. Cal: 180 add in some fruit and wheat crackers and your still under and full.
    Also try baked chicken and baked sweet potato. Cal: 300 lots of great vitamins and it really fills you up.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • amanda0328
    amanda0328 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been eating those Health Choice Fresh Mixers and some will say Marie Callender. Those around 400 Calories and I look at the total fat as well which should be around 6-10g depending on what you get. I love it. Perfect portion of food and it is actually really good.
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Mine's also boring but its very filling.

Turkey sandwich consisting of:
    3 slices of Hillshire farm deli select turkey
    2 slices of Schwebel's Lite Wheat Bread (35 calories a slice!)
    Less than a tablespoon of mustard

7 Reduced Fat Triscuits OR 6 regular triscuits OR 37 Goldfish crackers

Some sort of veggie - a few little stalks of celery or half a cucumber, sliced

Sometimes I'll have a Quaker Oat chewy bar (the 25% less sugar kind) if I'm exercising and need calories.

That all adds up to 250-395ish calories.

If I have something I consider a treat (the bar OR the goldfish, never both in the same meal), then it's on the heavier side of 395.
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    I like a small bowl of chili (homemade, with ground turkey instead of beef, and plenty of veggies) and a cheese-n-onion quesadilla. I only use 1 tortilla, and just fold it in half, with reduced-fat shredded cheese and chopped onions inside. Add a little salsa, and I'm at exactly 395 calories.
  • souralice
    Options
    5 Ian's Chicken Nuggets
    Kraft BBQ sauce
    Raw veggies
    Hummus
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    4oz Chicken breast, 1/2 cup of rice, 1 cup of steamed petite beans. Less than 400 and filling! Not to mention the 16ozs of water!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options

There's bread that's only 35 calories per slice?!

Wow. I need that. I've been lamenting the lack of sandwiches in my life.
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Portabello Mushroom Burger w/ Caramelized onions:

1 Oroweat Sandwich thin
    1 grilled Portabello mushroom cap
    1/4 cup caramelized onions
    1 slice sargento reduced fat swiss cheese slice
    1/2 cup spinach
    2 slices tomato

Cal: 328
    carb: 28
    fat: 11
    Protein: 13
    sodium: 278
    sugar: 3

I caramelized the onions in a little EVOO in a nonstick skillet. This usually takes about 20-30minutes but it's sooooo good. I replace regular lettuce with spinach and of course the meat becomes the mushroom cap. I converted my husband into a believer of this burger. He loves it! It's also good with just grilled red onions instead of the caramelized ones if you're short on time.

Enjoy!
    ~Christy
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options

There's bread that's only 35 calories per slice?!

Wow. I need that. I've been lamenting the lack of sandwiches in my life.

Yes! There are a few! Just make sure there is no HFCS and nothing is enriched. Healthy Life is the best that I have found out there. Its 35 a slice, WHOLE wheat, and no HFCS...and its good...they are small but you get to fill them in more with other calories that the bread is not taking up!
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Also, Campbells Healthy (Something) Light makes some GREAT soups...the whole can is only 100-120 calories and they are soooo filling! You can do a cup of soup (half the can) for 50-60 calories and a sandwich (70 calories in bread, cheese and 3oz of jennie-o cajun turkey (yummo!) for under 300 calories!!

YUMMO!!!! and soooo filling!
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wonder Bread has a couple of light breads (white, wheat and italian) that I think are 40 cals per slice
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    I eat a lot of frozen meals at lunch because they are proportioned. Today I have Michelina's Signature Salisbury steak with roasted pototoes (220 cals), plus 2/3 cup green beans (30 cals) and a navel orange for desert (80 cals). 330 calories total plus coffee :D
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I had a very filling lunch both recipes were provided by MFP:flowerforyou:

1 cup Borscht (76 cals)
    1 hungry girl egg roll (93 cals)
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I cooked a mixture of black beans, corn, onions and red pepper cooked and served it over quinoa. Very filling and comes in at 394 calories and is high in protein and fiber.