I should probably stop eating ____?

Options
Is there something you eat that you should cut back on? Even though you're allowed to (calorie wise) you still feel a little guilty?

Mine right now is blueberry bagels with honey butter. Like 400 calories, so I can make it work for breakfast (every morning this week, ugh.)

Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• victoriadw84
    victoriadw84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey! I used to be the same way. I always incorporated my toast in the morning with raspberry jam lol. Somehow I dont even know I just stopped. It was something I had to have at that time though. If you wanted to try eliminate it you could try eating half in the morning.
  • FloridasFinest
    Options
    Mine is...I should probably stop drinking coffee & diet sodas...on a daily basis. The coffee I can cut out no problem but I LOVE diet coke. I usually have one fountain diet coke a day. (I do still get my 8 to 10 glasses of water in though.)
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hey! I used to be the same way. I always incorporated my toast in the morning with raspberry jam lol. Somehow I dont even know I just stopped. It was something I had to have at that time though. If you wanted to try eliminate it you could try eating half in the morning.
    Thanks for the tip! I'm going to give it a try tomorrow :)
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Actually, now that I'm logging what I eat, I'm acutely aware of everything that goes into my mouth. No more absently eating a few grapes as I pull the bunch out of the grocery bag. No more eating the last couple of bites of pb&j from my kids' plates, etc. It's the "observer effect" at work. The act of observing and logging what I eat actually changes my behavior.

Just as an aside - there's nothing wrong with having that blueberry bagel. But try adding a protein source along with it. The protein will help to even out your blood sugar and you may find that you are less hungry afterward. (Sure, you could cut back on the butter, too, or even choose to have half the bagel. But you don't have to fix everything at once.)
  • Fitorbust73
    Fitorbust73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    candy --- the halloween portioned candy is great! you get a little taste --- but bad when you eat 10 portions!
  • kehuizenga
    Options
    Maybe drinking OJ with breakfast? I know I'm not getting all the fiber the actual fruit has and I'm drinking calories, but I am a grump if I don't get my daily OJ. I might even choose it over coffee if I had to pick one. At least I drink FL's natural and it's not from concentrate nor does it contain added sugar.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Mac and cheese.
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I eat too much of the same foods. I have to try to eat different things. It seems like all I eat is oatmeal, yogurt, fish & steamed veggies.
  • DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Starbucks vanilla iced lattes and no not the sugar-free kind. I don't like the taste of most sugar-free stuff.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I eat too much of the same foods. I have to try to eat different things. It seems like all I eat is oatmeal, yogurt, fish & steamed veggies.
    I do that too! I notice everytime I go grocery shopping I'm always buying the exact same things. :laugh:
  • Aplaxton
    Options
    Honey Butter sounds like sugar and saturated fat.
    A bagel is always wheat unless its gluten free(are you eating wheat?).
    There's carbs and starch in most breads.
    Perhaps try whole grain toast with fresh or frozen blue berries ??
    and you can put real Honey on the toast but not even a teaspoon amount.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    My daily treat which is usually a kitkat chunky, maltesers or sometimes a bakery cookie.
    I really wish I could cut refined sugar out entirely, but when I have tried, I have ended up going on binges.
    I need a sweet and healthy alternative I guess that is simple to make. Fruit just doesn't compare, though of course, I do eat fruit.
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    chocolate and cookies...... :(
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Nutella and pretzel sticks! I have to workout just to eat it!
  • Mendelianparakeets
    Options
    Mac & Cheese x 1000

Love that stuff, but...DAT SODIUM! :P
  • lilylover2012
    lilylover2012 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I really have only had it once in the past month and a half BUT cheese fries. I know how bad they are for me but they're so good! Now that I got my fix tonight though, maybe it'll be another month and a half or more before I go there again.
  • Hrl1993
    Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Dessert!

Omg I have the absolute worst sweet tooth.
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    sugar free Rockstar! It's not as bad as regular Rockstar, but water is the better choice!
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i don't think i should stop eating anything.. i just think that i should work on better portion control and my emotions (stress/anxiety = eating.. not a good thing)
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I should probably stop eating (drinking)...EVERYTHING AT STARBUCKS!!! I have about three delicious coffee drinks a week! 400 calories that could be better used on something else!