I'm kind of scared. No one to talk to.

Options

Replies

• nangel4u
    Options
    Please don't go to the gym. Just relax and write down the name of four people who care about you--now call one of them and tell them what's going on. We all need you to be okay.

Yes do this!!!! What you are doing is dangerous and not safe at all!!!! I hope you are not alone and God forbid if you passout, then what!?!? Im just being real!
  • gangstaxkel
    gangstaxkel Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym I feel better. That's why I go.
  • ryanalexiscoen
    Options
    Oops sorry i didnt realize you have food isues. If you have a bad relationship with food try reading this book, crap i tried finding it. I believe its called diet solutions by isabel de rios? I to have always struggled with food but found this book and realized you need to feed your body nutrition to be healthy. The book made me guilty for depriving my body of healthy foods. I was so excited to go and by certain organic foods, i learned that coconut oil is amazing to cook foods at a high temp. And to not heat extra virgin olive oil. It is better raw. This is just a few things it tought me. I still struggle sometimes but have learned to fuel my body with healthy food, and to definetly stay away from diet foods ( packaged processed) that you think will make you skinny but really poisson or bodies. I hope your doing better. Become healthy not skinny, you will look and feel amazing. Good luck
  • gangstaxkel
    Options
    Oops sorry i didnt realize you have food isues. If you have a bad relationship with food try reading this book, crap i tried finding it. I believe its called diet solutions by isabel de rios? I to have always struggled with food but found this book and realized you need to feed your body nutrition to be healthy. The book made me guilty for depriving my body of healthy foods. I was so excited to go and by certain organic foods, i learned that coconut oil is amazing to cook foods at a high temp. And to not heat extra virgin olive oil. It is better raw. This is just a few things it tought me. I still struggle sometimes but have learned to fuel my body with healthy food, and to definetly stay away from diet foods ( packaged processed) that you think will make you skinny but really poisson or bodies. I hope your doing better. Become healthy not skinny, you will look and feel amazing. Good luck

Thank you, I'm trying to get better. I want to get better and healthy.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Before this week, how many calories were you averaging per day? And did you experience nausea before restricting food intake to 400? Does it happen only after you exercise?
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Some good and not so good advice here so take it with a grain of salt. You are doing the right thing to see your doctor and see what he/she advises.

You may or may not have an eating disorder or a medical problem but until you find out what is going on nothing will change. You could try talking to the ED phone line but stay with your plan to see the doctor. The ED line may also give you the names of other medical personnel that can help you if that is the problem.

You don't have to defend yourself. You just need to move forward with a sensible plan to find out what is going on. You are already doing that so continue with your plan to get help from people who are experts in the area you need.

Good luck.
  • see2020
    Options
    You look so young and pretty. I'm sorry that you don't have the support it sounds like in your life. Hang in there it will get better:) Try to treat your body good. We are here to help give you support. Do you like watching movies or reading? This might be a good alternative to working out until you can get your eating issues under control.
  • gangstaxkel
    Options
    Before this week, how many calories were you averaging per day? And did you experience nausea before restricting food intake to 400? Does it happen only after you exercise?
    I was averaging about 1200 calories per day. I've always had some sort of nausea, it's just been getting worse. No, actually after I workout I feel a lot better.
  • gangstaxkel
    Options
    Some good and not so good advice here so take it with a grain of salt. You are doing the right thing to see your doctor and see what he/she advises.

You may or may not have an eating disorder or a medical problem but until you find out what is going on nothing will change. You could try talking to the ED phone line but stay with your plan to see the doctor. The ED line may also give you the names of other medical personnel that can help you if that is the problem.

You don't have to defend yourself. You just need to move forward with a sensible plan to find out what is going on. You are already doing that so continue with your plan to get help from people who are experts in the area you need.

Good luck.

Thank you so much. I'm calling later.
  • Shimmerrzz
    Shimmerrzz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You need counseling for your eating disorder. You must know that....why so important to quote only eating 400 calories and burning most of them off on a site like this? You know what people on this site struggle with and why we're here. If you wanted help and not attention you would be spending less time uploading your picture here and more time seeking out the correct resources. I am not being mean just truthful. You're an adult...get your help instead of wasting time if you're that serious. Sorry...I just call it like I see it.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    You clearly have a problem. I look at this post as an attempt to get attention. You clearly have a problem. Don't waste your time going to a gastrointerologist. Find someone who specializes in eating disorders. You look extremely skinny in your profile picture. You aren't the first young lady that has used the discussion forums as a platform to bring attention to themselves....by letting everyone know about how few calories you are eating, how many calories you need to burn through exercise, and fear of feeling fat/ bloated. Please get some help.

YOU clearly have a problem. It really shows how little character you have when judge and belittle anyone who is clearly reaching out. People like you are in part the reason that a lot of people with issues, food-related or not, don't reach out and suffer in silence.

Go bite a hot dog.
  • cdmr123
    Options
    When You exercise while your sugar is under 100 you could end up at the hospital. 400 calories for the day can't maintain you. Please, please hold off exercise until you see the doctor. I will be praying for you. You Are Not Alone. I'm out here praaying. God Bless cdmr123
  • Shimmerrzz
    Shimmerrzz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    YOU clearly have a problem. It really shows how little character you have when judge and belittle anyone who is clearly reaching out. People like you are in part the reason that a lot of people with issues, food-related or not, don't reach out and suffer in silence.

Go bite a hot dog.

Nope....I agree with her.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    you can get support from this site if you friend people you feel comfortable with. I message certain people I trust when I have problems that others might jump on and skew it to their liking.

I think going to the doctors is a good step. not knowing what's going on with your body is a scary thing! take care of yourself and know that God loves you! Friend me is you'd like to! :) God Bless!
  • gracefor03
    Options
    You clearly have a problem. I look at this post as an attempt to get attention. You clearly have a problem. Don't waste your time going to a gastrointerologist. Find someone who specializes in eating disorders. You look extremely skinny in your profile picture. You aren't the first young lady that has used the discussion forums as a platform to bring attention to themselves....by letting everyone know about how few calories you are eating, how many calories you need to burn through exercise, and fear of feeling fat/ bloated. Please get some help.

Go bite a hot dog.

^^This! Today is not the day to get me going but since you did......never judge a book by its cover. This site should be about giving positive reinforcement and support. We all have things we struggle with and for some people it is food.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    You need counseling for your eating disorder. You must know that....why so important to quote only eating 400 calories and burning most of them off on a site like this? You know what people on this site struggle with and why we're here. If you wanted help and not attention you would be spending less time uploading your picture here and more time seeking out the correct resources. I am not being mean just truthful. You're an adult...get your help instead of wasting time if you're that serious. Sorry...I just call it like I see it.

shouldn't say sorry unless you really are.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Yeah there are people that I can talk to. But they normally just shrug me off, they don't really see that I have a problem, They think I'm just doing this for attention. But I'm not. I'm scared, thats why I made that appointment cause I've been having other heath issues as well.

I've been going to the gym like this for the past month or so. Not eating much/ burning it off. I haven't been even slightly dizzy or uncomfortable.

You're not making any sense at all. What are you scared of? Your stomach is messed or you have some form of ED. You have health problems, and aren't eating... yet you go to the gym?

HELLO!?!?!??!?!?!

I never understand why people take the time to post only to show their ignorance.

If NEARLY all of us strangers can be supportive please reach out to your friends and family. Do you think they will shrug you off if you tell them that you are scared and your situation can be very serious? Please don't go to the gym but call the phone number listed. And keep your doctor's appointment. You need to understand why you are feeling sick.
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    Options
    Oh my I just want to hug you!! Please Please call someone for help. My sister has an eating disorder and has suffered for over 20 years with this disease. Her body has shut down and she has had so many medical issues due to her illness. We have sent her to 5+ eating disorder clinics and it hasn't helped because SHE doesn't want to change and get better. This has totally devastated our family and now she's so small that her heart has issues. She's only 39 and I fear everyday that I'm going to loose her sooner than I should.

I tell you this story so you can understand the long term effects that food issues or eating disorders do to your body and how it effects the one you love too. People do care about you (Look at all these strangers immediately responding to you here) Please Please call for help and realize that You ARE worth it. I am keeping you in my prayers.
  • ouandi
    ouandi Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You may have food issues but what you're describing sounds similar to when my gallbladder stopped working. Super bloated after eating anything sometimes vomiting or stomach pain but mostly super, duper bloated. I had to have my gallbladder taken out immediately. I was in my early 20s at the time. Another issue may be a gluten or soy intolerance. I have a friend who cannot eat carbs without having serious issues like you are describing. Only exercise will alleviate her problems as well. Good luck I hope you find an answer.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    You may have food issues but what you're describing sounds similar to when my gallbladder stopped working. Super bloated after eating anything sometimes vomiting or stomach pain but mostly super, duper bloated. I had to have my gallbladder taken out immediately. I was in my early 20s at the time. Another issue may be a gluten or soy intolerance. I have a friend who cannot eat carbs without having serious issues like you are describing. Only exercise will alleviate her problems as well. Good luck I hope you find an answer.

That was my first thought too. I've been having similar issues.