Advocare?

Options
2»

Replies

• wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    you are doing fantastic! Our body has a liver for a cleanse, unless there is a problem or you really like to poo a lot (it didn't have that affect on me with shakeology, actually very little affect) . There are some interesting cleanse posts on here.
    If you have a varied diet with lots of different vitamins and minerals offered and are not vegan I would say a multivitamin is a good fail safe. Even that I have read may not be necessary (a news program hinted those who took multi vitamins had shorter life spans).
    I eat lots of yogurt with probiotics, love greek especially. I love fresh vegies and fruits, don't get them EVERY day, but many. I drink almond milk cause I like it and regular milk at times.
    I get my healthy fats and sprinkle flax and chia seeds on my oatmeal, cause I love it :)

If you are already losing weight I would say keep at it :) One reason I am really motivated is because my friend was doing atkins and I knew between fun excersize and a healthy diet I would be able to lose weight healthier (she buys bars from it), faster and more sustainable. That and I am LOVING it, I eat more than I did in the past and have met some great people along the way!

Why jepardise your journey (like I said, most gain back extra when they stop) when weight loss is all trial and error and you are on a hot streak?
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    you are doing fantastic! Our body has a liver for a cleanse, unless there is a problem or you really like to poo a lot (it didn't have that affect on me with shakeology, actually very little affect) . There are some interesting cleanse posts on here.
    If you have a varied diet with lots of different vitamins and minerals offered and are not vegan I would say a multivitamin is a good fail safe. Even that I have read may not be necessary (a news program hinted those who took multi vitamins had shorter life spans).
    I eat lots of yogurt with probiotics, love greek especially. I love fresh vegies and fruits, don't get them EVERY day, but many. I drink almond milk cause I like it and regular milk at times.
    I get my healthy fats and sprinkle flax and chia seeds on my oatmeal, cause I love it :)

If you are already losing weight I would say keep at it :) One reason I am really motivated is because my friend was doing atkins and I knew between fun excersize and a healthy diet I would be able to lose weight healthier (she buys bars from it), faster and more sustainable. That and I am LOVING it, I eat more than I did in the past and have met some great people along the way!

Why jepardise your journey (like I said, most gain back extra when they stop) when weight loss is all trial and error and you are on a hot streak?
    hmm interesting that in the Stacked topic you posted the supplements you use.
  • wlkumpf
    Options
    not sure what you mean by stacked? I was saying I get what I need in my diet and food.
    I buy a cheap regular mutlivitamin, but am not sure that is even necessary. I got a 2 pack for about 10 bucks and it has about 3plus months in it. I have a varied diet and get everything I need through natural sources. I don't think I truly need a mutlivitamin and don't take it every day. I use glucosamine and fish oil, very very inexpensive, I mean pennies a day. I have had knee surgeries and work out HARD! It minimizes the affects my body feels. I don't take it every time though. I buy generic and it has nothing to do with weight loss at all, simply cushioning my body. IF I ate more fish I would not take it. I simply can't afford a lot of fish in my diet.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/10/us-multivitamins-women-idUSTRE7995LV20111010 Reuters Health) - Women taking multivitamins don't live longer than those who get their nutrients from food alone, a new U.S. study shows.
    THere was an actual news cast, prime time, on how multivitamins may lower life expectancy.
    I eat my probiotics in yogurt. No need for a supplement, I now use greek yogurt in place of sour cream. As far as I know this is not a supplement, this is eating a natural food source, I even have started to make my own :)
    I get my calcium and iron as well as folic acid through foods, real foods, simple foods instead of through a pill.
    Chia seeds and flax seeds are natural and have lots of wholesome goodness. If I don't eat them ever again, I won't crave them, but they are vitamin packed and natural!
    I regret doing a cleanse, I had read posts after I bought it but before I started it and almost decided to not use it, but went ahead anyway. I gained all the weight back plus extra almost immediately. Am now almost back down to that point weeks and weeks later. I wish I would have listened to the threads about them.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    The purpose of a cleanse is to clean out your GI tract and colon, not to lose weight. If that is why you cleanse then of course you will gain the weight back. You posted what "supplements" you used in the Stacked forum.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Nothing personal tnrunningnurs, but I got the same speil in email from you as I did from the woman at work that is selling it. It's almost like a script.....really.
    [/quote

Did she try to sell it to you?
  • wlkumpf
    Options
    sorry, i had no idea what you meant till I looked back at my topics. I wrote what I take. I didn't explain it, it was asking for a list.
    I take a vitamin (cheap from sams) and don't always take it. I don't feel I need it. Simple. I eat healthy and balanced.
    I take a fish oil and glucosamine from sams, I think, I may have bought the cheaper one from shopko on the glucosamine. I do this because I had ACL reconstruction and workouts can be hard on my joints. As in arthritis for old people. Doesn't help me lose a lb.
    I use whey protein at times, I was doing it every day, but don't now. I buy 15$ vanilla from Walmart, it's cheap and I mix with almond milk, 30 calorie. It is for straight up protein. It is cheaper than buying the same amount of protein from any other source, even eggs? Who knew.
    I bought creatine, and here it sits, after reading about it it's for people who want to get that last bit of fat gone and are at the top of their game, that would not describe me.
    I didn't want to do the 3 day cleanse but had everything. I figured I would try it and hope to be wowwed. I ended up agreeing with the forums on the topic. Our bodies are designed to cleanse themselves. I am just glad this cleanse didn't have a laxative affect, I lucked out! I don't think they have a negative effect either.

I would say I spend 10$ a month on a what I take. Including whey. I find that acceptable. I think I could do this alone without them too. They are not a crutch or a magic pill. If I quit all of them today I feel I could keep up with my journey.