Giving up diet soda

Options
2»

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I am drinking a Coke Zero as I type this, cannot give it up! I have tried, but sometimes there is nothing like a coke zero or pepsi one! I only have maybe one or two a week though, and I have never noticed a weight difference when I stopped drinking them all together for awhile. I am sure the artificial sweeteners aren't the best for you, but what doesn't have some type of substance thats bad for you now!
  • LindaHGreen
    LindaHGreen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do tap water with a squeeze of lemon or orange. Also fizzy water with about a tablespoon of cranberry juice -- very satisfying!
  • DoubleAA
    Options
    I've been drinking the cyrstal light drinks (where you put the powder in the water) and they are about 5 - 10 cal a drink. I tend to water mine down as I find they are too sweet so I get more out of them. I used to LOVE coke zero I haven't had one in almost a month.
    I second the Crystal Light suggestion. I went from 44 oz of Diet Pepsi to 1 packet of Crystal Light in a 20 oz bottle of water. Eventually I want to kick that too...but not yet.

Crystal Light has a wild strawberry flavor that has caffeine. That's the one I use.

I was a Pepsi addict. I then switched the Pepsi Max and that wasn't doing me any good either. I gave up Soda and Fast food for my New Years Resolution and it was really rough.

I had to find something to help!! I now Drink the Crystal Light TO-GO, but I usually only use 1/2 the packet. I think it's way to sweet as well. Even after using half the packet I still feel it too sweet.

I really like the Crystal Light - Metabolism Plus - Green Tea Peach Mango. It's really good.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Water with lemon! I went cold turkey a few weeks ago, and I've been just drinking plain water, occasionally with lemon or cucumber slices... I gave it up because of the artificial sweeteners though, so I don't want to add anything that contains them to my water.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I knew a girl who's father got aspartame poisoning. He all of a sudden starting running around acting like a 3 year old. That really was enough reason for me. Besides that, when I was pregnant, I had gestional diabetes. I was not to have aspartame because it stays in your blood stream. I could have Splenda type products, because they don't stay in the bloodstream, but I found they never satisfied my sweet tooth. So, I really try to stay with pure cane sugar. Again, unfortunately Sunkist (my favorite) is made with HFCS. But I would switch if I could find an orange flavored soda with sugar. But this is why I'm weaning my self off to no pop.
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I like cranberrycat's approach. If you want to give up diet beverages, that's great, and you're probably better off for it. I personally would feel too deprived if I did that. Limiting them makes more sense for me. My strategy not only has me drinking fewer diet cokes, but makes sure I get in more water. My "rule" is that I must drink five 8 oz glasses (or two 20 oz bottles of water) before I "treat" myself to a diet coke. So what usually happens is that I bring a bottle of water to work, drink it and refill it, then by dinner time I've had my water and can enjoy the soda with dinner and/or in the evening.

Thanks!:glasses:
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I drink flavored water not the crystal light (it makes my head hurt). I do alow myself one diet soda a week usually with dinner that way I don't crave it as bad. I also like decaf mint green tea. Its good hot or cold and I love the minty flavor.