Huge Binge...

Options
Hey everyone. I had a GIGANTIC binge today and you can look at my diary to see it. I had the works - fast food, junk food at the movies with friends, and even some of my families frozen items. I NEVER do this, and I feel very depressed because of this. As you can see from my diary on previous days, people are saying I binged because I eat too little calories everyday. Is this true? And since I did a huge upper body workout{chest, triceps, shoulders) yesterday, will that offset some of these calories? I'm so confused what to do...

Replies

• deedeehopes
    deedeehopes Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Jared!
    Don't worry, everybody falls off track every now and then. Don't beat yourself up! The best thing you can do right now is stay positive. Tomorrow, just pick yourself up and get back on track with your nutrition and workouts. Everything will be okay!
  • xoxmorgan
    Options
    Eveybody goes through these days. Just start fresh tomorrow, it's all anyone can do. We're human!
  • sarah1334
    sarah1334 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I won't pretend to know about whether or not you've been eating enough calories lately or not... I just wanted to say that tomorrow is a brand new day and don't beat yourself up too much over one binge! We've all been there.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Other posters are right - just pick yourself up and start over. Tomorrow is a new day! The worst thing I have found is the "oh screw it, I blew it so I might as well eat everything in sight" attitude. I speak from experience, my friend!
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Relax.

Get a good night's sleep.

Get on with your life tomorrow.

You didn't do anything that is going to impact you long-term. People gain body fat by binging every day over weeks and months and years. Just get back on the wagon tomorrow and you'll be fine.

If you try to "compensate" by doing massive amounts of cardio while wearing a sweatsuit or do bench presses until you pass out or starving yourself for the next week straight, then you really will be doing yourself harm.

You are fine. Cheer up and chillax. :)
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    It happens....you'll be okay. If you had a big workout, make sure you are feeding your body so it can continue to burn.
    Tomorrow, start fresh and do the best you can; make sure you have balanced meals, you get your sweat on, and drink water!
    You can do this!
    Another good thing is that you are aware and are seeking guidance and looking to improve where you are....ATTITUDE is everything!
    You can do this!
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    just think of it like thanksgiving in september :) no worries
  • Marlo2012
    Marlo2012 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We all have these days! Don't be too hard on yourself....get some good sleep and always remember : tomorrow is another day :bigsmile:
  • K_Train450
    K_Train450 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much everyone. If it weren't for this site and its great members helping me I don't know when I would of already quit :/ I'll hit the gym back up tomorrow and try to chalk this up as a minor setback
  • cbenj09
    cbenj09 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I know how you feel. I did the same thing...over TWO days! :( Chinese takeout, fast food, butter cookies with sugar frosting... I knew better. But everyone here is right - you live to eat (and workout!) another day!! Smile and know you had your fill, and get back on that bucking horse tomorrow. Also, drink a HUGE glass of water before bed. That always makes me feel better, and I feel like I've flushed it all away by morning. A little psych trick ;)

Keep it up!!
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. At least you are being honest with yourself and logged everything. Tomorrow is another day to get it right.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    1. What does "Refeed" mean?
    2. You went over your calories by ~1500 calories. That isn't a huge binge. You're certainly OVER you calories, but it isn't HUGE!

If I were you, I'd consider tomorrow a new day. Technically you should average your calories over a week's time. You still have time to eat fewer calories over the next few days with no net effect. Don't freak out! :flowerforyou:
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You can eat close to 2000 calories, especially on days you work out, and still lose weight.

Just my opinion though, you have to experiment and find what works for you.

**eta- someone his size can eat close to 2k calories and probably lose weight.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    STRICTLY MY OPINION:

I don't know your stats, but I will tell you that you eat less than me per day...I think that's too little.

As far as today, you went over, but not even enough to gain a pound. You might show some gain because of all the salt/processed food, but nothing I'd worry about.

You should eat closer to your calorie goal daily and try to pay attention more to portion sizes and healthy choices, not restricting yourself from having treats...completely cutting them out always causes me to crave them more. Eat when you're hungry, but make sure you're eating the right things.
  • K_Train450
    K_Train450 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    2. You went over your calories by ~1500 calories. That isn't a huge binge. You're certainly OVER you calories, but it isn't HUGE!

If I were you, I'd consider tomorrow a new day. Technically you should average your calories over a week's time. You still have time to eat fewer calories over the next few days with no net effect. Don't freak out! :flowerforyou:

I do intermittent fasting, which consists of a 4 hour eating "refeed" period.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I have a high cal day every saturday, going over as much as you did today, if not more. it doesn't hurt your progress, so stop feeling guilty.

that being said, your lack of meeting your needs on the previous days is surely what caused you to binge since it wasn't done "on purpose". You don't fuel your body enough, it's gonna get a little whacky.

Meet your caloric needs and your binging will stop.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    Options
    BTW: Your inspirations:
    Brad Pitt, skinny little effer... get him off your list!
    Gerard Butler, healthy weight, but seems like a player. Aspire for his weight ONLY! (=
    The other 2 guys: I have no idea who they are... so no comment! :smokin:
  • MeMyCatsandI
    Options

I do intermittent fasting, which consists of a 4 hour eating "refeed" period.
    Ahhhhh.... I do IF too, but I don't call it refeed. I just list my fasting hours and my feeding hours. Thanks for clearing that up.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You seem to be leaving 1000+ calories on the table every day. HIT your target as closely and as often as you can. If you had a bad day, acknowledge it and move on.
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day!!! Your days before look really good, good calorie intake. Maybe when you are totally starving and ready to pig out eat something super high in protein, it may help, and also before eating the protien pound the hugest cup of water, always helps me. Regarding your cheat day, it wasnt too bad, and you are entitled it with all the hard work you are doing. Work out a little hard, and push yourself a litte hard tomorrow and you will be just fine. If the scale moves up, its probably because of the water retention, looks like you had lots of sodium. I like that you are going to limit yourself next time, that is a good attitude. Im not your mother, but I would say instead of limiting yourself to 2500 cal on your cheat days go to 3000, live a little, just make sure to keep them spread apart, not every 3 days hahaha, but like once a week or every other week. I havnt assigned myself to a cheat day because Im trying to change my body and habits from binging, but I do notice that I slip up probably every other week, but not all day, I eat real good for breakfast and for lunch so when dinner and dessert comes and I stuff my face I wont feel as bad because since I made good choices earlier on the day my calorie total isnt completely out of this world. Dont let today discourage you!!!! Next year when you are were you want to be you will feel like amillion bucks and today wont matter one bit :)