help me please

Options
someone please tell me why when i get to a new low i always bounce back up a couple pounds it happens everytime then i return to the low after a week or so my diary is open
thanks in advance

Replies

• runningfromzombies
    Options
    someone please tell me why when i get to a new low i always bounce back up a couple pounds it happens everytime then i return to the low after a week or so my diary is open
    thanks in advance

Information that would help us help you: weight, height, activity level, age.

Just by a quick glance at your diary, I believe that you probably aren't eating enough.
  • Coryd2012
    Coryd2012 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    161 5,4 not very active maybe three times a week 31
    thank you
  • aanderson5500
    Options
    I've had the same problem. I will gain up to 2 lbs over night & it will take an entire week to lose it back. It's very frustrating! I talked to my doctor when I went for my weigh in last week & she said it could be water retention. She also said it will also happen around your monthly cycle.
  • rcthale
    rcthale Posts: 141
    Options
    You have a lot of discipline with calories, especially first and last meals. Maybe too much. Your BMR is around 1500 based on the body stats you gave, so your goal already has a big deficit built-in even before you do any activities.

I'm not a professional, but my coach says that 80 percent of your total daily calorie needs (TDEE) is about as low as you can go without triggering a starvation response. For example, if your BMR plus all your daily activity average about 1800, eat 1440.
  • Coryd2012
    Options
    You have a lot of discipline with calories, especially first and last meals. Maybe too much. Your BMR is around 1500 based on the body stats you gave, so your goal already has a big deficit built-in even before you do any activities.

I'm not a professional, but my coach says that 80 percent of your total daily calorie needs (TDEE) is about as low as you can go without triggering a starvation response. For example, if your BMR plus all your daily activity average about 1800, eat 1440.

thank you i will try to add more calories and see if that helps
  • Coryd2012
    Options
    I've had the same problem. I will gain up to 2 lbs over night & it will take an entire week to lose it back. It's very frustrating! I talked to my doctor when I went for my weigh in last week & she said it could be water retention. She also said it will also happen around your monthly cycle.

thank you i didn't think about that
  • runningfromzombies
    Options
    161 5,4 not very active maybe three times a week 31
    thank you

According to this calculator (http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/; it's really accurate), you should be eating between 1650-1750 calories a day, at least, to lose between 1/2 and 1 pound a week. In the long run, eating more will keep your metabolism healthy and the weight loss steady. Hope that helps!

Edited to add: Also, I would adjust your protein goal to something higher, at least 20-30% of your daily calories. Try 50% carbs, 25% fat, 25% protein--it'll help preserve your lean muscle mass so that when you lose weight, all you lose is fat.
  • Apresner
    Options
    I could have written this post myself. Bump