Huge Binge...

Options
2»

Replies

• yerfgirl
    yerfgirl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I did this yesterday in fact. Went over by about 1500 cal. It's not fun to see that red number screaming at you. Today, I made good choices and hit the gym after work. That red number does not feel like anything at all today. Hang in there. It happens. Just have patience and persistence.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I know very well the depressing, disgusting feelings after a binge. But, it's over, move on. I found when I am really strict with myself and don't give my body enough nutrition I want to binge. The people I know who do a lot of weight training and working out usually can eat a pretty healthy diet with more calories than someone who is sedentary. Take care of yourself!
  • amazing_shrinking_woman
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, my binge today was worse than yours ( -1615 cals for me). It happens to almost everyone once in a while but as you can see by my ticker, it definitely won't hurt you much in the long run as long as you wake up tomorrow and do the best you can.
  • cortexx
    Options
    If I ate that much I would punish myself in the Gym. Well not punish.. but work out extra hard!!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I thank you for posting this topic. I usually never go over in my macros and calories. But today I hade major issues and found myself face to face with caramel popcorn. I didn't know that the nutritional information was for a serving size of 1 OUNCE. I had about 12 before I stopped myself. Just that treat set me about 1600 calories over. I feel so angry at myself (and my family for bringing it to my house).

But you all helped me put it in perspective. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Man, i've been binging the whole month. ****ed me up big time. Gotta step my game back up
  • salubriousliving
    Options
    *sigh* are you aware of the definition of binge? a short period devoted to indulging in an activity such as eating, and drinking. an excess amount of food. you know, like eating 2,500+ calories in one sitting. you did NOT binge. you just overate on your calories. that being said, you should be fine. it was a cheat day.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    The more protein you eat the more full you'll feel. Just a tip.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hi Jared!
    Don't worry, everybody falls off track every now and then. Don't beat yourself up! The best thing you can do right now is stay positive. Tomorrow, just pick yourself up and get back on track with your nutrition and workouts. Everything will be okay!

yep you said it all!!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    yes, when I eat low for a few days I get super hungry. If ur good most days and happen to fall off one ur ok! Your body needs that reset! I'd say congrats on the good stretch and keep up the good work! Proud of ya jared!
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    You know what's crazy, what you are bumming out over and calling a huge binge is about what I ate on a regular basis for most of my adult life. The fact that you are coming on here and being honest about it proves that you are serious about trying to improve yourself and I respect that...

It probably won;t be the last slip either, but don't allow the slips to erase the hard work or to define you...
  • g4genn
    g4genn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ok s you binged. You didn't kill anyone. So beating yourself up and get back on track.

In the future, when you want to binge, try planning ahead and have healthy snacks before you stuff our face. ( I mean that with love and care)
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    First off, don't be stressed. It was a binge day, not a binge month. Most likely you'll just end up maintaining your weight or maybe gaining a pound which is NOT a big deal. With displine and commitment you can totally burn it off within a week just by eating right.
    Few days ago I was in the same situation. I had 3 chocolate bars, 2 chicken burgers from BK, an ice cream from BK and check this out...on the same day I went to Taco Del Mar and had 2 macho burritos! Can you say over board? But I didn't fret about it at all because it was only one day and I'm not going to die from it! Who cares if I gain a pound or two? It tasted delicious lol
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    First off, don't be stressed. It was a binge day, not a binge month. Most likely you'll just end up maintaining your weight or maybe gaining a pound which is NOT a big deal. With displine and commitment you can totally burn it off within a week just by eating right.
    Few days ago I was in the same situation. I had 3 chocolate bars, 2 chicken burgers from BK, an ice cream from BK and check this out...on the same day I went to Taco Del Mar and had 2 macho burritos! Can you say over board? But I didn't fret about it at all because it was only one day and I'm not going to die from it! Who cares if I gain a pound or two? It tasted delicious lol
    Agreed! I eat way more than I should once every few weeks and it's fine. On Monday I had 5 slices of pizza while watching football. It didn't hurt me at all, in fact I weigh less today than I did at the beginning of that day :)
  • rubixcircle
    Options
    Acknowledge it, and move on :)
    It might feel bad to have a bad day, but life moves on. In the overall scheme of things, one day doesn't matter too much, just get back into eating well and you'll be fine.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    yes you are eating way to little