124»

Replies

• wolfpack77
    Options
    Spend ammunition.
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    SCUBA diving ... nothing as relaxing as laying back on the bottom and blowing bubble rings watching them get larger as they ascend .... very therapeutic
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Well i used to go to open mic nights and do a few songs but stopped when i got too pregnant for it to be comfortable.

Now that I have had the baby, i have been informed by my husband that my 'periods of inactivity' are not to be tolderated and so i will be refraining from going out/relaxing. I sleep with a baby in my arms, i bath with a baby in my arms, i have not eaten a meal without it being stolen by a toddler or going cold halfway through for some time now and I am generally up at 3am each day.

I am unsure when these 'periods of inactivity' occur, but as he has said, they are not to be tolerated and so I shall have to cut out what small amounts of leisure time i have have.

So i suppose posting on internet forums whilst one foot rocks a cradle is probably what i do to relax.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Two words BUBBLE BATH!!! Every night after after work (usually it's very hectic and stressful at work) I run a nice hot bubble bath and enjoy!!!! Sometimes I have a glass of wine too Just makes it a little more relaxing.
  • JayPeeGee
    Options
    Marijuana.
  • JayPeeGee
    Options
    sry Medicinal Marijuana lol
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    You really want to know how I relax?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.:smokin: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
  • radhikk
    Options
    Talking to any close friend helps me to calm down
  • StickyFish
    StickyFish Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Knitting. I have some anxiety problems and it may sound really odd but things like knitting, little repetitive activities that once learned don't involve a whole heap of active thought, help to release happy chemicals in the brain that make you calm. Plus, there's the side benefit of making something totally awesome / adorable!

And if you're thinking, that's too hard I don't know how to do that most knitting places will happily show you the basics if you buy a ball of yarn from them and you can learn practically *anything* on YouTube.

Good luck!
  • JayPeeGee
    Options
    You really want to know how I relax?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.:smokin: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
    :flowerforyou: puff puff give :smokin:
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Another one with PTSD, anxiety, and just for good measure throw some depression in there. What do I do to relax? Yoga seems pretty good so far. I'm just doing the home videos right now but I'm enjoying them and notice a certain peace afterward. The guided relaxation at the end is particularly nice. Reading is another that helps calm/slow the mind. Do you like music? I like to plug in my iPod when on my treadmill and listen to some beatie tunes. For me, it's not as effective as yoga or reading, but it's alright. Alone time is also very good for the simple fact I can turn everything off, and have some quiet time, or not. Whatever I'm in the mood for that day. Hot tubing is another one I enjoy with the temp. turned down a couple of degrees. When I get out, I am so refreshed.

I hope you find something that'll help you with this.
  • wifeofh
    Options
    Knitting, glass painting, and if children are sleeping a hot cup of milky tea or coffee while looking outside the window.