Am I losing very little?

Options
Hi guys. I started my weight loss journey sometime in April. I went to the gym religiously for about 2 months, worked out really hard but had little or no control over my diet. Sometime in July I found MFP. And I started logging. That's when I realized how much I was eating! Anyway, now my net intake is about 1400-1500 and I walk for about 30-40 minutes a day. I have a few cheat days here and there.

But since April(started off at 103.8 kilos) I have lost only 6.5 kilos(weighed in at 97.3 this morning). I am happy that I am finally under 100 kilos and all...but is the process this slow for everyone?

Replies

• jxerickson
    Options
    I think that the biggest thing is that you are happy with where you are. Perhaps you can change up your work out routine to create a little muscle confusion and jump start the weight loss process again. Also maybe integrating some strength training will also increase muscle mass and increase your metabolism. I also like to change up what I am eating regularly to make sure that I am getting all of the food groups (that I am supposed to). Personally, you have done a great job. I can take some time for people to loose weight. I am sure that it took you a bot longer to put the weight on in the first place. Hope this helps.
  • DaphneAtx
    Options
    Weight loss that is slow is the best because you're more likely to keep it off. It's about discovering a new healthy lifestyle, not going on a diet. Keep on eating that healthy food and exercising and you will keep seeing results.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    15 or so pounds in 6 or so months, may sound slow. But if you were lifting that hard for that long you may have gained some muscle, and lost fat. Did your size change? A pound of muscle is smaller than a pound of fat. And how much of that loss has been since July when you started logging. and watching your food intake. That's maybe where your starting point should be. What did you weigh then?
  • quillsHP
    quillsHP Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    jxerickson: Thanks :) I was actually planning to start the 30 day shred today so I am hoping that will shake things up a little.

DaphneDildo: You're right. I guess perseverance is something I need to gain.

gramacanada: I can definitely see a change in my clothes. They fit differently. And since logging I have lost 6.5 pounds.
  • 76nicky
    Options
    my mother lost her weight over about 3 years and kept it off without a problem as she slowly changed her lifestyle and she didn't feel like she was on a "diet" so i think you are doing great atleast the scales are moving in the right direction, keep up the good work
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Measurements are the best way to see if you have been toning up & changing your body shape rather than what those numbers say on the scale.

Keep at it :smile: