At the gym tonight.

Options
2»

Replies

• CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Was your husband annoyed because you mentioned something to her or due to the fact that he lost his 'show'?

It doesn't sound like you did it just to be nice.
    I think you wanted her to stop showing off in front of your husband and maybe even embarrass her a little.
    I still think it was the RIGHT thing to do - because you never know... Maybe she REALLY didn't know she was showing her undies.
    If she keeps doing it after you told her though, she's doing it on purpose.

I personally would be grateful if a woman told me that, so in the end I think you did the right thing - just not the right intentions.
  • kissedbytheocean
    kissedbytheocean Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you were maybe just a bit jealous, OP. I doubt your entire attention was to be 'nice'.

That being said, I think you should've minded your own business. She wasn't bothering anyone.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Was your husband annoyed because you mentioned something to her or due to the fact that he lost his 'show'?

It doesn't sound like you did it just to be nice.
    I think you wanted her to stop showing off in front of your husband and maybe even embarrass her a little.
    I still think it was the RIGHT thing to do - because you never know... Maybe she REALLY didn't know she was showing her undies.
    If she keeps doing it after you told her though, she's doing it on purpose.

I personally would be grateful if a woman told me that, so in the end I think you did the right thing - just not the right intentions.

THIS.

From your post I definitely gathered that this girl was showing off. The whole, "No, it's shorts" thing sounds like she doesn't care if people see her underwear. I once had a girl tell me she could see up my skirt, I said, "Thanks, for letting me know. It's a good thing I'm wearing shorts underneath." I try appreciated it and didn't think she was being rude or insecure. I think you telling her was nice though and I think your husband is over reacting.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Me thinking "Ok you dumb B(%@#. Just because in Victoria Secret they call them boy shorts. They are NOT shorts!!! They are underwear. AND EVERYONE CAN SEE THEM!!!"
    Now, I have had a similar experience. Where a trainer came over and told me he could see up my shorts. I was embarrassed but GRATEFUL.
    Nope not this girl!
    This reaction to me gives off the insecure vibe. As others said not huge, just a little.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Based on the tone of your post, I don't have the impression that you were just trying to be nice.

Pretty much this. lol.

And your husband agrees.

However, I looked at your profile, and you are rocking' your own body. You've got 5 kids and you look amazing. Be proud of your own body and work it hard.
  • k900
    k900 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It definitely sounds like she just wants attention. I don't think most women would go to a gym in booty shorts/something that might as well be underwear and bend over right in front of someone. If she wants to work out in her underwear okay whatever but do it at home. I do not go to a gym. I just have fitness equipment at home but if i did ever go to one i would never wear short shorts. If someone could see my underwear i would appreciate being told. Yeah i would be very embarrassed but that's better than a bunch of random people seeing everything.

I would have been annoyed with that too and i'm single.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm usually too busy with my own work out to even look at let alone care what others are doing. Heck maybe I'm that girl in the skimpy shorts lol working out gets hot! I don't go to look cute, but I would like to think that if I decide to feel comfy and confident enough to wear shorts and a tank top to do my squats or one arm dumbell rows I won't have some judgy insecure wife wondering about my choice of outfit.
    On the other hand if my crotch was showing I would appreciate someone telling me.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Honestly you sound a little jealous....leave the girl alone. Even if she looks like a sleeze, that's her problem.
  • otiris81
    otiris81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, would you be busy at a cross fit gym!
    I say, be a little more self confident because I think the other girl's self confidence is what may have bothered you in the first place. Happens to the best of us so don't feel too bad. But yeah, I personally don't get bothered by that. If anything, good for her if she feels confident enough to wear that. Your husband's reaction is a little overly dramatic. I think you both should let it go.. No need to pout over that. This is such a typical marriage moment. ;) I hope he and you both can relax a little bit and laugh about it sometime later.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Lol i'd never approach her to say something like that. None of anyone else's business what she wears. Personally I'm far more interested in my own workout to worry about what other people are and are not wearing.
  • Abaiz
    Abaiz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Girls like that are better motivation than any song ever made.
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Doesn't the gym have some sort of dress code that prohibits anything too skimpy? If you think she's violating it, or if there isn't one and you think what she wears is too skimpy and there SHOULD be some sort of dress code, then bring it up with staff. Otherwise, just ignore the silly ho and go about your own business. It's what I would do. I'd only get up in her face if she were ignoring gym etiquette and was subsequently interfering with my workout. Aside from that, the prissy pink dumbbell brigade just give me plenty to reflect on and laugh about, later (as well as laugh about, in my head, while it's all happening). What would the gym be like without such comedic gold?
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I would want someone to tell me if they could see flesh, but not my underwear. I'm at the gym, I'm not going to get shy if some of my underwear gets visible sometimes when I'm doing stretches or whatever. If she is violating the dress code, take it up with the staff, but otherwise, ignore it. I'd just be self-conscious and not get a good workout for the rest of the time if someone told me that.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Lol i'd never approach her to say something like that. None of anyone else's business what she wears. Personally I'm far more interested in my own workout to worry about what other people are and are not wearing.

My sentiments exactly...and I'll add to your comment about her not breaking a sweat. She is hot, she is obviously fit so whatever she is doing, is working. If I was there, I'd notice the hot girl and then I'd go on about my workout. I think you should do the same.

And I would have thrown a 45lb plate at my SO's head if I saw here getting ready to approach her.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    1. She knows her butt is showing, that's why she wears that outfit.
    2. I wouldn't compare her show with an accidental underwear show.
    3. Sure we all know that girl.
    4. The girl at my gym is the nipple queen. I have seen her nipples more than I have seen my own.
    5. They're nice but we're all over them. Hopefully she can read this post and show us her butt now.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    I wish my boyfriend would. I promise there'd be hell. She was being a hoe and he was enjoying the show.
    You weren't wrong to tell her but you seem to also have known from jump she was just in there attn seeking, so it was pointless as im sure she knew her undergarments were on full display