Hello... from Michigan!

Options
Brrr!!! It's getting cold here in mid-Michigan!! I'm Sherry, I'm a 40 year old stay at home mother of 2 very active kids. I've been married to my husband for 19 years, he is super supportive & is always bringing "treats" home LOL! I've lost weight before doing Weight Watchers, 60 lbs back in 2007. I was about to rejoin once again when my girlfriend told me about myfitnesspal.com. I thought I'd give it a try... I've been doing it for a week now and have lost 4 lbs!! So excited and LOVE the app where I can just scan the product and bang your calories are in!

My goal is to be down 27 lbs by November, I have my 20th High School Reunion and would like to have a big chunk of the weight off before then. :wink:

Replies

• belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome and good luck! This site is very helpful
  • jehuster
    Options
    Welcome Sherry, I am from Michigan also and yes it is getting colder in this state. lol I see many, many people on this sight who are former WW members. I am curious as to why so many people who have had success with WW go back to their old eating habits and gain the weight back? Is it because once they reach their goal they feel they no longer need it and for some reason they believe it won't happen to them again (gain wt. that is)? Or is WW failing to give continued support to those who reach their goals? Just wondering you don't have to answer if you don't want to.

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • misscrazO
    misscrazO Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :) This site is awesome. It helps so much.
  • CorinneSharpe
    Options
    Hello fellow Michigander!! Do it up!
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. Sounds like you're off to a great start! Keep up the good work!
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Hi.. Welcome..You will love MFP. Please add me as a friend if you want. If you have any questions, Just ask. and good luck! Im your neighbor..I live in Wisconsin..
  • christine_lisel
    Options
    Good luck! Keep your eye on the prize! :)
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Love this site! I'm from the "Tip of the Mit" and I adore MFP and all of the support and encouragement on this site. I've lost 13 pounds and several inches so far. Welcome, and have fun! :happy:
  • sherita461972
    sherita461972 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello all and thanks for the encouragement... About the WW question... for me it was because I stopped tracking what I ate, and then I over ate. WW never contacted me (other than flyers in the mail that said "Dear former client..." from a computer generated program) so support isn't there. I didn't like going to the meetings because it was full of older women in the 70s, 80s, and even 90s; while I admire them & learn from them I had not one person my age to relate to. No one that was having the same struggles of being a mom of young kids and a part time job (that I thank God don't have anymore!). I felt horrible every meeting, like what I said had no value or my questions were just crazy! That makes it hard for me.... I'm a social butterfly, and I couldn't stand being held down.

WOW I didn't realize I had all that going on!! LOL!!