Gimme all your yummy, healthy, low cal dessert ideas!

Options

Replies

• back_to_18
    Options
    jelly hartleys fat free rasberry jelly withhole raspberrys yummmmm!

And, here in the UK at the moment we have the wonderful Hartleys Low Calorie Jelly in various flavours with only 10 calories (yes, 10!) per 175g pot.
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I make low cal homemade "puddings" that have between 5 and 50 calories a serving. I make a lemon "pudding" by adding lemon juice, 0cal sweetener, cornstarch, 2 cups of water, and 1/8 cup egg beaters and cooking until thickened. I make a chocolate version using water, cornstarch, 0cal vanilla syrup, 1/4 cup milk and 1-3/4 cups of water. You can change up the flavors by using any juice or flavored drink mix such as Emergen-C, adding coffee to the chocolate, etc. I actually like the chocolate version better than the full milk version I grew up on. I place them in single serve containers with lids that I get from my local restaurant supply store. I have even frozen them for a yummy replacement when my family breaks out the ice cream.
  • brittryan1017
    Options
    Bump :)
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Not sure how "healthy" it really is, but I like to have a bowl of sliced strawberries with light whip cream on top. Same goes for bananas, peaches.. Basically any fruit. Light whip cream is only 15 cals for 2 tbsp.

And this:
    http://www.food.com/recipe/Diet-Coke-Cake-224794
  • csugar
    csugar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fresh strawberries (5 berries = 20 cal) with half of a serving of Light and Fit vanilla yogurt on it (3oz = 40 cal). (Optional: Sometimes I sprinkle on some ground flax seed for the omega-3 and it has hardly any flavor... a hint of granola-y taste perhaps..) Peaches also work well instead of strawberries.
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Here is one:

Pumpkin custard:

1/2 cup pure pumpkin
    1/4 cup egg beaters or 1 egg white
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp nutmeg

Mix above ingredients, and put in microwave for about 3 to 4 minutes. Overturn into a bowl, and pour 1/4 cup cold almond milk over the top.

80 calories
  • kmcintyre57
    kmcintyre57 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    All Yummy! Bump for later
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • roberts1027
    Options
    Sounds yummy will have to try
  • rarnold281
    Options
    bump
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    When I did Weight Watchers, we always made these. Chocolate graham crackers + cool whip. Freeze. It's like an ice cream sandwich.
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    http://happyherbivore.com/recipe/blueberry-oatmeal-muffins/

http://happyherbivore.com/recipe/butter-bean-cookies/

I made both of these today and both are good.
    The Nutrition info is at the bottom of the pages on the website so no Guessing involved! :)
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sliced Fresh Fruits - strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, rasberries, ect slightly mashed and sweetened with Stevia ( an all natural sweetner) and topped with 30 semi sweet chocolate chips. Yum Yum
  • zoeluiisa
    Options

Pumpkin custard:

1/2 cup pure pumpkin
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp nutmeg

Mix above ingredients, and put in microwave for about 3 to 4 minutes. Overturn into a bowl, and pour 1/4 cup cold almond milk over the top.

80 calories

That sounds so good - is it tinned pumpkin or real?
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    jnchorn; This recipe works with any cake mix. Just add the box cake mix (no additional ingredients) and a can of pumpkin puree and bake as directed.

Could any one please tell me if this would work with apple sauce insread of punpkin puree, and if so, how mauch apple would equate to a can? ie, how much is in a can?
    Thanks
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Skinny Pretzel-Crust Strawberry Cheesecake (Diabetic Friendly) – 8 large servings
    Ingredients:

Crust:
    • 1 cup pretzels (crushed very fine; about 60 sticks)
    • 2 tablespoons sweetener of choice (I use stevia)
    • 3 tablespoons reduced calorie butter or buttery spread melted
    • 1 tablespoon water

Filling:
    • 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, room temperature
    • 1 cup sweetener of choice (again, I use Stevia)
    • 1 cup fat free whipped topping, thawed
    • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
    • ½ package (2 servings) sugar-free strawberry flavored jello
    • 1 cup boiling water
    • 1 cup strawberries, sliced thin

Method:
    • Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
    • Add all the crust ingredients together and mix well until combined (can use a food processor). Press into the bottom of an 8-inch pie dish. Bake for 8 min; cool completely.
    • Whisk together boiling water and gelatin, set aside to cool
    • Beat together cream cheese, sweetener, whipped topping, and vanilla until very smooth. Poor into cooled crust and place in the refrigerator.
    • Once the filling as firmed up a little (about 20 minutes), place cut strawberries in a circle pattern around the top. Pour jello over the top. Cool in refrigerator until firm (about 1.5 to 2 hours at least).

Nutritional Information:
    (for 1/8 of the pie . . . a BIG piece)

• 92 Calories
    • 17g Carbohydrates
    • 3g Sugar
    • 1g fiber
    • 1g fat
    • 5g protein
  • irishdes
    irishdes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • thistime38
    Options

Pumpkin custard:

1/2 cup pure pumpkin
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp nutmeg

80 calories

I remember making this while i was doing weight watchers..soooo good! What is the serving size on this?
  • jetaylor63
    jetaylor63 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I tried this today and it was great!
  • micneg01
    micneg01 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When my bananas get ripe, I peel them, cut them up, and put them in baggies and place them in the freezer. When I get a chocolate craving, I put the banana in a blender with a little unsweetened almond milk and some unsweetened cocoa powder. Yum, just like soft serve ice cream. Add whatever flavor you feel like: dates, blueberries, strawberries, etc. Enjoy!