Bloating on Menstrual period? Looking huge

Options
2»

Replies

• IMElektra
    IMElektra Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    But it's nice to know that I'm not the only one.

Does anyone get awful food cravings when they're on their monthly? I crave carbs up the hizzouse. Lol.

Chocolates, chocolates and chocolates LOL
  • NyimaR
    NyimaR Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I bloat up about 4-6 lbs :( and the WHOLE week before <plus the first day or two> I want sweet or salt, and red meat. I mean like RARE red meat...its almost all I can think about. Sweet cravings aren't too bad...but man I get the salt cravings like you wouldn't believe. I have been known to just lick the salt off of pretzels before <I hate hard pretzels btw>, or to go after chips and fries. I tend to not go after sweets as much, every so often I will get a killer craving for ice cream <Dairy Queen> just before my period starts.

Salt and red meat! It's insane the amount of salt I crave. Hubby knows that the time is near when there are steaks in the fridge and cans of pringles everywhere!

How are your iron levels? I used to crave red meat around TOM until I started taking iron supplements and have not had a similar craving in since.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Digestion slows right before and you can get constipated....equals belly bloat and water retention and more.
    Try to stay hydrated, maybe a touch of herbal laxative (I mean, just PART of a dose...just a little)
    Track your fiber intake....fiber from steamed veggies is gentle and full of water.
    Track your sodium intake....try to stay under on that macro.
    Plan that you will need extra rest during that time, so your body can do it's job....don't fight against yourself!

Body fat attracts water, so as you slim down, you will have less water retention.
    The fitter I am, the less I even notice any pms symptoms.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    I went to the doctor and he said that I have "Post-Gallbladder Syndrome" and that I should take Symethicone as needed. He said it should go away after about five years. Needless to say, I will be living off of Gas-X for the next few years. lol
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Options
    I used to retain ALOT of water and my face,fingers and stomach got very bloated,but I my OB told me to cut out caffeine and lower my salt more during that TOM and drink twice as much water so far that has been the only thing that has worked for me, good luck doll ^u^
  • purpleposies
    purpleposies Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1) That wasn't very nice of your mom!!

2) It's hard to tell 100% for me because I am so overweight, but I certainly FEEL like the freaking Goodyear Blimp! Ugh.
  • Nik0417
    Nik0417 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i always get bloated on mine, but this month wasn't as bad. i stopped drinking pop/soda over a month ago. it has helped tremendously and i only slightly bloat now on my period.
  • msbrown92
    msbrown92 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I always bloat like I'm pregnant ! i hate it! I crave a lot of CHOCOLATE before and during. I try not to weigh myself while I am on my cycle. This time I am very depressed and emotional! LOL
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I went to the doctor and he said that I have "Post-Gallbladder Syndrome" and that I should take Symethicone as needed. He said it should go away after about five years. Needless to say, I will be living off of Gas-X for the next few years. lol
    I am a natural remedy person....just HATE dr appts and meds.
    So many side effects to drugs....consider all the consequences of a drug before using them!
    Look them up, don't just blindly trust.
    If it were me, I would find out what he means by that diagnosis, and I would discover how to heal naturally.

So much can be accomplished health-wise by just considering how I rate in the following areas of habits:
    Food
    Thoughts
    Rest and sleep
    recreation/enjoying life
    relationships
    Exercise
    I am sure there are more. It's worth it to consider if you are just pushing yourself on all levels, and your body is struggling to heal and function normally.