Anyone drink Dessert teas or tea in general

Options

Replies

• mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Love tea! Just get mine from the grocery store. My Grandmother used to grow and dry her own Linden tea. I miss having it so I may have to break down and order some. It is supposed to be fantastic for digestion. Tastes yummy too. I also like peppermint, chamomile, chai, black, green, apple (I know not technically tea but it satisfies that sweets craving). Somebody also mentioned Good Earth Sweet and Spicy Tea and that stuff is great. It is naturally sweet so another good one for satisfying that sweet tooth.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Love green tea and bubble tea :)
  • Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That tea pot is really reasonably priced. Maybe I'll grab one of those :smile:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone out there drinks dessert teas or teas in general? Most people I know do NOT so I don't have anyone to share new tea finds with :( If you DO drink tea, what company do you order through and which one is your favorite?

My favorite is Soho Blend from Harney and Sons. It's coconut and chocolate.

I didn't know there was any such thing as "dessert tea." I don't care for most sweet teas. I would rather have an unsweetened tea and a cookie or brownie for dessert. :bigsmile:
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    Yes they are teas that taste like desserts. I have one called Orange creamsicle that tastes just like that. I just ordered a few today, chocolate covered raisin, rootbeer float, vanilla coke and carrot cake. I add less than a tablespoon of fat free milk to add creaminess to them and they are great. the only calories come from the milk. No extra sweetener is needed and they taste great. They are a great alternative to actually having desserts :)
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I love trying different teas at TEAVANA!! I spend so much money there but it's for a healthy habit so I guess it's worth it
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of dessert teas. Love tea in general, especially rooibos and chai
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    Yes I started out spending a ton of money with Teavana but found that Harney and sons had MUCH better tea and it was cheaper. It actually has tea in the tea vs nothing but flowers. I'm speaking of the dessert teas of course, I've never had any other Teavana tea before. I ordered today for the first time from Necessiteas. Harney and sons throws up coupon codes on their facebook page that gives decent discounts. You should try one.

I love Rooibos too! I've never really gotten into the Chai tea but want to try it again. I have a I just ordered Rooibos today that are flavored like rootbeer float, carrot cake and vanilla coke.I have one now that is creamsicle rooibos.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I also like chai and rooibos. Those sound like some delicious flavors!! What company are those interesting rooibos flavors from?
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    I thought I picked up the orange creamsicle at Harney and Sons but now I'm not sure. I just looked on their site and didn't see it. Hmmm- the others I just ordered on the Necessiteas website. The best one so far that I've tried is a black tea called SoHo blend at harney and sons. they sell it in 4 ounce tins and larger amounts of course. It's chocolate and coconut. They can be pricy if you end up like myself and have more than you need but if you can control yourself it's worth it :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    You're welcome :)
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I drink birthday cake tea from Davids tea. Omg so good.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Ice cream cake tea is good too, but it is a black tea and I try to avoid caffeine.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Birthday cake tea sounds good. My kids would love that for a tea party!
  • MyCornerOnline
    MyCornerOnline Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love tea! I've never heard of a desert tea. What is it?

Still scanning the rest of this thread to see if someone answered that... or I'll google it.
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    What's a desert tea? I drink LOTS of tea (I'm English and it's compulsory) but I don't think we have this here...

ETA - Dessert. Not Desert. Though I have drunk tea in the Sahara - AMAZING mint stuff. Anyway.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    LOL at drinking tea in the desert.

Dessert teas are teas that taste like desserts :) Carrot cake, coconut and chocolate, Mint and chocolate, red velvet cake, vanilla, etc... I had one that was called southern pecan (can't get it anymore) that tasted like coffee w/white chocolate and pecans in it. It was my breakfast tea. Loved it. It was like a mocha.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    Birthday cake tea sounds good. My kids would love that for a tea party!

It sure does! I've had birthday cake icecream and it was great lol.
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    LOL at drinking tea in the desert.

Dessert teas are teas that taste like desserts :) Carrot cake, coconut and chocolate, Mint and chocolate, red velvet cake, vanilla, etc... I had one that was called southern pecan (can't get it anymore) that tasted like coffee w/white chocolate and pecans in it. It was my breakfast tea. Loved it. It was like a mocha.

Wow. We don't have those in the UK, or not to my knowledge anyway. We have black and green teas, herbal teas and fruit teas in abundance, but Pecan? Carrot cake? YUM!

I might stock up next time I'm in the States. Except actually... What are they made of? The fruit teas I get here are made from real dried fruit, vanilla, spices etc. These sound like they might be artificial flavourings, which I don't fancy. Do you know?