ChaLEAN Extreme

Options

Replies

• immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I started week 2 of C25K yesterday... I modified a bit though, instead of doing 90 seconds jog and 2 min walk I just alternated 90sec jogging and 90 sec walking. Worked pretty well for me and I feel good today!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Dawna: I agree with gmreber. Great advice. I also run 3 times per week and mix it up with other stuff on other days, mostly Bikram Yoga.
    Gmreber: You sound like I felt with my marathon. Just glad to have crossed the finish line. Time is not really the goal. Congrats on Marine Corp. That is right in my back yard and I hope to do it too. Maybe 2011. I just did Disney last month...it was 25 degrees when we started and only 31 when we finished! FREEZING IN FLORIDA!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Today was my first time to do burn interval and it seriously kicked my booty! OMG! And no joke, I can already fit into a pair of pants that I could not wear a week ago! Yea! I am loving this workout and Chalene is so inspiring on the video! I cannot wait til I get to see some real results!

Good luck and good job to all those runners on here! I was a runner and did a 5K not to long ago..... but I have to work out really early in the AM and it is still dark out... so it scares me to run by myself. I can't get a gym membership until am working again... right now I am still a student who is poor. :laugh:

I hope everyone has a good day and workout!
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    I have a very busy day today.....will log in fresh and rested in the morning!
    Have a good night!:yawn:
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Well, day 1 of Push phase - done! What a great new workout, my arms really feel like noodles as I used the new, heavier weights I purchased over the weekend. Will definitely be feeling this one tomorrow!

Have a great night everyone :flowerforyou:
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    My ChaLEAN Extreme is scheduled to arrive at my house tomorrow! Woo Hoo! Love UPS tracking :smile:
  • jenstalder
    Options
    :bigsmile: Mine is sced. tom. .... where is my big brown truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My ChaLEAN Extreme is scheduled to arrive at my house tomorrow! Woo Hoo! Love UPS tracking :smile:

Mine should be here today! I'm still have 1.5 weeks of P90X so it will be a bit before I start. I'm going to Mexico on March 10th. Should I start ChaLean before I go or wait until I get back.

Doing a half marathon on the 14th so was thinking I would take a week easy. Would you experienced Chalean people wait until I get back from Mexico or just start my 2 weeks before I go. I'll only be gone for 5 days.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Extremers!
    Last night I did my own litle custom Turbo Kick routine to get me prepared to start teaching a class in March. It was a great workout. Then I finished my first circuit in the LEAN phase, and oh man... its different than the PUSH phase (Which I loved), but I burned a lot of calories because its more reps and combined legs/upperbody again. And I am lifting a lot heavier. So, today my arms are in the "I'm-really-tired-I-don't-want-you-to-lift-me-at-all" mode. I'm excited for this phase! I am starting to eat a lot more calories these days...and its not mindless eating, its just that my body is really hungry and I am just following what my body is telling me. I am eating healthy, so I am hoping that I will see some results on the scale. I burned 800 calories total last night... I love my HRM.

Zeldacat- I LOVED the PUSH phase- I think its the sadistic part of me that loves being sore each day. And I promise it won't get "better" over the whole phase. You'll be sore after every workout if you are working hard on really pushing to your max and lifting heavy. I saw some great results in that phase as far as toning, strength, power & even inches lost in my arms & legs. I also saw some weight loss, but it was a combination of my running as well.

gmreber- I would wait until you get back. We took a vacation in December and it really threw off our schedule. So, we ended up going longer. I'd wait until you get back and then start right into it. I mean, you could start and get to learn the moves and things, but as far as starting the program officially, I'd wait until you get back! :) You'll love it, and it will be something to look forward to after your vacation...since there usually isn't much to look forward to after any vacation..haha!

Jen & Yogarunner- I'm excited for you both to get started! I know when I finally got mine I ripped it open and started watching the "Basics" video right away to get the moves down and form understood. I love Chalene. Some people don't care for her, but I love her!
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    Good Morning Extremers!
    Last night I did my own litle custom Turbo Kick routine to get me prepared to start teaching a class in March. It was a great workout. Then I finished my first circuit in the LEAN phase, and oh man... its different than the PUSH phase (Which I loved), but I burned a lot of calories because its more reps and combined legs/upperbody again. And I am lifting a lot heavier. So, today my arms are in the "I'm-really-tired-I-don't-want-you-to-lift-me-at-all" mode. I'm excited for this phase! I am starting to eat a lot more calories these days...and its not mindless eating, its just that my body is really hungry and I am just following what my body is telling me. I am eating healthy, so I am hoping that I will see some results on the scale. I burned 800 calories total last night... I love my HRM.

Zeldacat- I LOVED the PUSH phase- I think its the sadistic part of me that loves being sore each day. And I promise it won't get "better" over the whole phase. You'll be sore after every workout if you are working hard on really pushing to your max and lifting heavy. I saw some great results in that phase as far as toning, strength, power & even inches lost in my arms & legs. I also saw some weight loss, but it was a combination of my running as well.

gmreber- I would wait until you get back. We took a vacation in December and it really threw off our schedule. So, we ended up going longer. I'd wait until you get back and then start right into it. I mean, you could start and get to learn the moves and things, but as far as starting the program officially, I'd wait until you get back! :) You'll love it, and it will be something to look forward to after your vacation...since there usually isn't much to look forward to after any vacation..haha!

Jen & Yogarunner- I'm excited for you both to get started! I know when I finally got mine I ripped it open and started watching the "Basics" video right away to get the moves down and form understood. I love Chalene. Some people don't care for her, but I love her!

kicklikeagirl- Do you know where I can get the Turbo Kick DVD's...I went on the website and they were only for instructors....I took some classes about 1 year ago and LOVED it, but I can't afford a gym until the summer........I want to be able to supplement them for the days there is no cardio in ChaLean.....
  • gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Thanks! I think I'll wait! I have plenty of workouts to do and my do some hybrid stuff until Mexico. I was doing P90X over Christmas and it was really hard to come back and get back into it!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    My weights are on order... so I just keep pushing along with my 5lb ones for now. I figure I'll know the routine by the time the weights get here. LMAO!

Still doing good on C25K though. I NEVER liked running, but for some reason I'm loving this (on the treadmill anyway).
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options

kicklikeagirl- Do you know where I can get the Turbo Kick DVD's...I went on the website and they were only for instructors....I took some classes about 1 year ago and LOVED it, but I can't afford a gym until the summer........I want to be able to supplement them for the days there is no cardio in ChaLean.....

melissaovadare ----Yeah! They actually have a "Fan Version" of the Turbo Kick DVDs, which I think is a better deal anyways, because you get 2-3 workouts per DVD, rather than one! If you go to the website I've posted at the bottom, you'll see a handful of Turbo Kick Fan DVDs. If you click on one of the Turbo Kick DVDs, you'll see a preview of one of the rounds. I have the following rounds that I enjoy (in case you are curious to know which you should get) 29,30,32,33. I've also heard Turbo Sport is great. But, like I said, all of the Fan DVDs come with at least 2 Turbo Kick Rounds on them! I loooove it! Its a better workout than Turbo Jam, from my opinion because its slightly more advanced and fun! You'll enjoy it! I really don't think you can go wrong with any of her Turbo Kick Fan DVDs, she is awesome, and every round is fun. I have my "favorite" segments from each round! Enjoy!

http://www.turbokick.com/store/home.php?cat=72
  • jenstalder
    Options
    Did you know today is Chalene's birthday... :drinker:
    if you dont already you should follow her on twitter... she has great ideas and motivation plus she is great about helping in other ways...

she has great friends on there as well to add...:flowerforyou:

I felt like something special when she sent me a direct message about a question i had... :bigsmile:

joiner her and I (fitnessBeliever) on twitter and get some great new ideas and see whats coming ....
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    Thanks Dawna...I am going to take a look in a liitle bit!
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    Brangwen- I never liked running either. In fact, until last year the last time I ran was probably in high school gym class more than 20 years ago. All I remember from that was getting horrible side cramps!

This morning I cleaned up my basement, set up the new DVD player...I'm ready! When I see that big brown truck I just may kiss the driver LOL! Hope I'll still be saying that a month from now.
  • ChaslovesBrian
    ChaslovesBrian Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    kicklikeaGIRL - I am so happy that someone else on here does Turbo Jam too! I have been doing the Turbo Jam - Kick and Punch on my cardio days of Chalean Extreme. I wish someone in the area did the Turbo Kick classes, but unfortunately, the closest one (without a gym membership) is 29 miles away from me, and cost $10 a class. I have the videos at home, so forget it!

During the Burn phase I lost 4 pounds, 1 inch of my waist and 1/2 inch in my bust. I started CE at 154 pounds, now 150.

My "reachable" goal has been to get back into a size 8. Thats what I was when my husband and I met ( when we were 16 and 17). After 19 long months, I am almost there. My top half is in an eight, but my hips still have about an inch to an inch and a half to go.

I started out at a size 16, 186 pounds. I'm so close, I can taste it!

My ultimate goal would be to reach a size 6 and hopefully with Chalean Extreme, I will. Just curious what everyone else's losses are phase to phase. I would love to compare!

I just completed my first week of the PUSH phase, and I think the first two days I was going too light, so I cranked it up today. We'll see how that works tomorrow...haha.

Hope you ladies have a great day! Keep posting, I LOVE this thread!!!
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Hey ladies,

Dawna - I really liked Push last night, I'm not terribly sore but my arms just feel really weak. I have a feeling I will be feeling some extra soreness tomorrow!

Brangwen - I know just what you mean about hating running, I felt just like that no more than 3 weeks ago. Now that I am doing C25K, it's sort of easing me into it and I very much look forward to it rather than dread it like I've done in the past.

Hey Chas! - 4 lbs. is awesome!! I think if you keep up the way you have been you will lose a whole lot more by the end of the program. I never weighed myself to begin with so I am not sure where I stand - for me it was more of a toning issue and I think I will be able to see when I am at my goal.

My first exam went well today, on to #2, have a great night!
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, its been quite a while since I've been able to check in... I haven't been doing the greatest but I have newfound motivation... I've decided on Aruba for my honeymoon in October!!!!! AH, me, an island, and a bikini? Right now, that would be a scary sight! LOL, hopefully I can keep up with everyone here so that I won't be so scary by October.

Hope everyones doing well, and I'll do my best to get to a computer more often to check in!
    :flowerforyou:
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    Decided that since I haven't lost weight in weeks AND since my Chalean Extreme will arrive tomorrow....I could eat whatever I felt like tonight! Cheeseburger and FF...yum! Maybe some ice cream for dessert :happy: Now off to watch Biggest Loser and feel a little guilty LOL! Have a great night everyone.