New to this.... Hello! Looking for support....

Options
I am looking for a support system to help me lose the weight that I have carried for too long! Although I live in Southern Ontario, I hopefully can make friends from anywhere that share similar likes and interests to me.

Replies

• Chan88rn
    Options
    Hey I just started this also. i am ready for a change. I am from Louisiana would like support also!
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been at it for about four weeks, and can honestly say the community here helps a great deal! I've sent you both a friend request, and anyone else can feel free to add me!
  • Andrea419
    Andrea419 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this as well. Feel free to send me a request. :smile:
  • cruisinskier
    cruisinskier Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am also from Southern Ontario and have been here for 4 months or so. Tracking the foods really is eye opening and it does work. Best of luck and feel free to add me.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • mikeswife_2010
    Options
    I am new to this app looking for supporter's feel free to add me
  • rr1box62
    Options
    I recently started. I joined an exercise group this summer, thought it would be good to start tracking my food. Now to make it a habit...
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know your interests; but I was chubby my whole life. Fighting the weight; yo-yo dieting my whole life. I think the only diet I didn't try was adkins, b/c I didn't believe in it (especially since my dad and sister was on it and eating pork rinds but not eating a vegetable or fruit...that's messed up in SO many ways I can't even begin to count).

Anyway, when I was about to turn 38 I looked at myself and was concerned that if I didn't get the weight off before I turned 40; I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to. I got very serious; I lost 35 lbs and 5 sizes in 6 months. I kept it off for over 4 years. I had a slight set back last year (12 lbs gained) when we became empty nesters, sold our house, moved to a new state, changed jobs, decided to build a house, changed jobs again, had to live in a hotel b/c our 6 month lease was up and the wouldn't extend and our new house wasn't complete, our beloved Doll Face Persian Whittey pased away, did I mention I was stuck in a hotel room for a few months? I was working out of the hotel room, I only got to leave on weekends b/c my husband was usually working on the house an hour away and he had my truck and I hadn't driven a stick in 20 years, so I couldn't drive his car.... :/

I'm almost back into my clothes; just 5 more pounds and 1/2 inch to go. I love hiking, running, biking, in-line skating, walking, swimming (just learning but doing well); I love being outside as much as possible; but I don't like the cold.

So, if you want some encouragement, some motivation, I track every day and try to live by example (I am not perfect, I am human after all); I do like looking at your diary and making suggestions (like eat more vegs :D)... ADD ME

A habit starts with just one day....make it 21 days in a row; you've formed a habit.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    welcome !!
  • mzlatina59
    Options
    I'm new as well..Day 6 for me..Welcome..I'm excited about getting this weight off! Good luck!
  • LoveAndRevenge
    LoveAndRevenge Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I joined a few weeks ago. This website is amazing. Feel free to add me :)