HELP ME!

Options
i go to highschool and it starts at 7 in the morning, i never usually eat breakfast but then i get hungry and eat alot. i gain weight if i eat breakfast for some odd reason, what should i do? i also have no clue on whatto take for school lunches. i need help! opinions please.

Replies

• KarenK37
    KarenK37 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Okay you sound just like my daughter , she would rather sleep then eat but I try to make her atleast have something. I have been buying the bagel thins & berry cream cheese (160cals), the Kellog's yogurt bars are (120 cals), and the Quaker breakfast cookies. I know they don't sound like a meal but it is better then not eating and then overeating later. Hope this helps!:smile:
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I sometimes don't like to eat breakfast, either! On those days where I'm just not feeling it, I usually eat a Clif bar midmorning. They have tons of fiber and protein and will fill you up before lunch.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    Options
    When I was in high school I would drink the carnation instant breakfast, fast and easy! Does your school have a microwave available to you?
  • snacker127
    snacker127 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi There,
    My daughter is in High School and the bus comes at 6:35. It is hard to eat that early in the morning. Some mornings she melts cheese on a toasted bagel. Other days a small bag of dry cereal. You could try graham crackers with peanut butter or maybe a hard boiled egg. . My son used to bring a bag of nuts to eat around 9 and that helped him get to lunch. Keep it small and simple and then try a small simple snack about 2 hours later. Watch the snacks when you come home from school in the afternoon. My guess is they have more to do with your weight gain than breakfast.
  • Bunny520
    Options
    If you're going to try to eat breakfast, maybe you could try a protein shake? I blend 1 cup ice, about 8oz water, 1 cup frozen strawberries and a french vanilla protein shake powder. It's less than 250 calories and is pretty thick and like eating dessert for breakfast. But, it keeps me going most of the morning. I'll have a mid morning snack around 9-9:30am (I eat my breakfast shake at 5:30am) --- usually some kind of granola bar or fruit. If I don't have something in the morning, I tend to overeat later in the day.
  • RickBriggs
    Options
    Give up processed foods and learn to cook if you can't. Take a little bit of time on the weekends to make enough healthy food (no meat, no dairy) for the coming week. If you get in a pinch, eat quick oatmeal for breakfast with fruit and nuts. It will get you way down the road.
  • kathrynyoung71
    Options
    A cereal bar and a piece of fruit would be a good start to the day, your body works in a way that if you don't eat breakfast, then by the time you do eat your starving and then over eat to compensate, by eating small regular amounts your body keeps ticking over nicely and the more regular your eating is then the more regular your weight will be..... hope that makes sense, good luck :)
  • RickBriggs
    Options
    I second the protein shake. Try Jarrow ISO rich soy protein powder. 2 Tbs. = All the protein you need for the day.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I used to NEVER eat breakfast. I'd wake up anytime between 6am and 11am (depending on work schedule) and I would usually wait until maybe 12pm-2pm to have something. However, I noticed that I get hungrier when I do that... which could be why I've had so much problems with weight loss (or lack thereof) in the past.

My remedy is this: Soon as I wake up, drink some water. Then I eat within one hour of waking. I force myself to eat 1 apple, 1 hardboiled egg, and maybe 1/2 ounce of nuts. Sometimes, if I wake up starving (lately that's been the case, I'll stop at dinner time of 6pm), I'll have an apple, 2-3 hard boiled eggs, and a full ounce of nuts.

Since I've been eating breakfast, with that exact mix of protein, complex carbs and mono fats, I've been feeling more satisfied throughout the day and less likely to binge at night, which is AMAZING for me. Granted, I still have my days where all I want is an entire pint of the sweetest ice cream there is, but lately, with my increase in protein and decrease in carbs (between 100-150g/day), I can do with just one or two tablespoons of sweets and be perfectly fine. Which is a HUGE feat in itself for me!!!

Having said that - I would make sure to have some mixed nuts on you at all times. Keep a fruit or two in your locker (make sure it's eaten the same day - last thing you want is a bunch of fruit flies floating around your locker lol. Hard boiled eggs are always a great choice, maybe some canned tuna sammiches w/ carrots, chicken and salad, beans and rice.

I would make it a goal to have breakfast in the morning with a good mix of carbs, protein and healthy fats. You might feel the difference the way I did.

Hope this helps. :)

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • mercymarque
    Options
    Breakfast is important.. U also have to eat to live. Look at it this way: Say you go to bed at 10 pm. You last ate at 7 pm but you don't get up til 6 am the next morning. That's already 11 hours since you last ate. By the time you eat something.. U trying to eat something fast and unhealthy and probably over eating. Have something for breakfast like oatmeal, have a protein shake something that will keep you full until u can eat again. It's probably difficult eating in hs. Good luck
  • chinatbag
    chinatbag Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast, but the general idea with eating breakfast in medical studies is that it helps you not feel hungry until your next meal. Being ultra hungry can lead to binge eating / over eating. I'd probably make something the night before so you can heat it up and eat it in the morning if you want to retain breakfast. Otherwise, you can go without it.

It really takes a lot of dedication to track your meals and to stay on target, I would try to at least log everything you eat so you can see what you're eating, that helps a lot with dieting.

Best of luck!
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    At least grab a banana or some other fruit. Or you could eat a Greek yogurt. Or a cereal bar, which you could take with you and eat between classes. Something small, even some toast and juice, would be great! :flowerforyou: