2»

Replies

• maedoll18
    Options
    I'm 23 & from Texas :)
  • Sundaylou
    Sundaylou Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and my weight tends to go up and down a lot. I'm currently up and want to lose some for my wedding next spring.
  • DearMsDeering
    DearMsDeering Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 22 from Minnesooota :)
    Feel free to add me!
    I'd love to have friends on here going through the same thing & offer support.
    We can do it!
  • MSxJENNY
    MSxJENNY Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hii I'm 22 & also from California!
    I hope you do stop those crash diets & you needa eat more than 500cal a day!!!!
  • MerraH89
    Options
    thanx everyone that replied, added me and posted some tips :smile:
    i can already feel the love :wink:
    my problem mostly is sweets...
    i love love love southern butter pecan ICE CREAM, i can finish it in 2 days... i would get sweet cravings in the mornings too or during the day around 2-3ish
  • TiffanyNicole421
    TiffanyNicole421 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Butter Pecan ice cream is my favorite! I am 26 and I live in Texas. I just started MFP. I need to loose 50 pounds.
    018980 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Alex and I am 21
    I gained like 20 pounds after moving out of my home and have been struggling to lose it ever since. I have lost 8 pounds and after plateauing I started using myfitnesspal.
    Here are some tips that have been helping me!
    Exercise - this has been the hardest thing for me, what has helped keep me motivated is to just do a little bit every day. Try starting with even 10 minutes you might not feel like your doing that much but the next week you might be able to do 15 and so on and so forth. 10 minutes isn't that long just do it everyday!
    Cutting out Sugar - also one of my biggest obstacles, to help cut out soda try halfing a diet juice with seltzer water, it will still be a little sweet and you will get the carbonation from the seltzer water. It has helped cut my cravings so much.
    I hope these couple of tips help you! Good luck!
  • liveurlifexoxo
    Options
    Hey I'm 21 here in Wisconsin. I was 5 3' close to hitting close to 200lbs when I decided I needed a life style change. For me it was changing my meals to high protein, and making sure I exercise most days during the week. I just did P90x today after a couple months and it is hard! lol. Anyways, being fit is a never ending cycle, so there is no secret answer. It is all personal preference, keeping track in your diary, and body & mind. I gotta say it still isn't easy after losing 40lbs! (:
  • liveurlifexoxo
    Options
    I agree. My downfall is CANDY! haha, I have to agree that it is definitely hard to say no. I find though after a week or two of not eating candy I stop to crave it. I like to replace candy with different things, like yogurt or grapes! It is hard, but really I start eating candy and I can't stop! hahaha =(
  • svcraig
    Options
    23 from Ontario, Canada!
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and will be 23 next week. I'm only doing workout dvds and eating healthy isnt an option for me as I can't afford it so I'm eating poorly but still working out. I'm doing what I can.
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    26 Texas, I use low carb and intermittent fasting.
  • kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 ... 21 in a couple months. feel free to add me.
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and have used MFP throughout my 20's to pull me back to reality of what I'm putting in my body. As you use this tool with your workouts I think you become more aware naturally of `your body, what you need to feel good/healthy, and what works for you.
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    28 from Bristol, UK :D
  • MommaBelvin
    MommaBelvin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    im 22 from brea ca!!!
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm 24.
    I eat a pescatarian (as clean as I can manage/afford), but mostly vegetarian, diet.
    I exercise a couple times a week. I like to switch it up a lot.

Feel free to add :)
  • GossInABox
    GossInABox Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 25 and from RI. Welcome to MFP! I've been here for almost a year myself, fell off the wagon a bit. But while I was on the wagon it worked wonders!

I'll add you. :)
  • xsckitx
    xsckitx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    21, from Arkansas! I've been overweight all my life and it got to the point that I was just sick of it. I'm 5'5" and 214 as of now. I started dieting a little over a week ago and I've lost 7 pounds so far. I've stuck to eating around 1200-1400 calories a day and exercising (lightly) for about 30 minutes a day, 2-4 times a week. No fad diets for me, they've never worked. I've tried a few other ways to lose weight and so far, this is the only thing that's worked at all. Good luck!
  • flyingpurplemonkey
    Options
    It's hard to give specific tips to you without knowing your eating habits, lifestyle, exercising etc. But I definitely suggest starting small with things that you can handle, and then adding more when you feel comfortable with it. Write a least of things you know you can do to improve, and pick a couple of them. You said you like the ice cream. How often do you eat it? If you eat of 3 or 4 times a week, cut back to twice. Drink soda? Cut that back a couple each week. Don't exercise? Try to at least go for a half hour walk 3 times a week. Don't eat vegetables? Add a salad a couple times a week. It will all help and its more likely to be a permanent change than if you do anything extreme.

Good luck! Feel free to add me if you want!