pedometer?

Options
Hi,
Has anyone got any good experiences of a pedometer? I have had 3, and they have all been rubbish, inaccurate and lost 2 as they fell off my trousers! Has anyone got a watch style one?
Any advice woudl be welcome, as I want to start measuring my exercise properly. I will only be doing walking, and dont have an app on my phone to do this, as I have just a plain simple phone!

Replies

• belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    you might want to get a heart rate monitor to accurately measure your workouts (calories burned) with a hrm you can really see the benefit of your work out and there are many inexpensive ones you can get. I have the polar FT4 and its so easy to use and the fact that it has a chest strap makes it really accurate.
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit!
  • simini77
    simini77 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bella, will look into it. Dont want anything too expensive for now till I am sure I am going to stick to this, and then I thought I could get myself something good for Christmas :)
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bella, will look into it. Dont want anything too expensive for now till I am sure I am going to stick to this, and then I thought I could get myself something good for Christmas :)

sounds good love :)
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is the ultimate pedometer, measure calories burned, steps, miles, stairs climbed, also shows you how active you are. Then send that info to your web profile and sync with MFP. But it's a little expensive $99, but so worth it
  • tleighs
    Options
    I've had my Fitbit for 4 months now and love it. It is self-contained or has a clip for thicker clothes. It has a wrist band for you to wear it on you non-dominant hand to measure your sleep as well. It runs about $100 retail but I got mine on eBay for $40.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for the most information, go Fitbit. A HRM is good for more intense workouts, but will not be accurate for all day use.

I wear a Fitbit all the time and use my FT4 to get a more accurate calorie burn during my workouts.
  • Diane_58
    Diane_58 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love using my Fitbit.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Just as an alternative to a Fitbit, I use an Omron pedometer. It's been fairly accurate for me in terms of steps (I can manually set my stride length, height and weight) and calories burned (I compared it to my HRM, and it fared pretty well). It has a 7 day memory, so if I forget to note it down, I can go back and check it... and it has a workout function (I don't use it, prefer my HRM, but it has good reviews).

I just found it on Amazon, and apparently it's only $30 in the US; Omron HJ-303 pocket pedometer.

Edit: always assuming people on here are from the US :tongue: it's £30 on Amazon here, under Omron Jog Style Pedometer.
  • simini77
    simini77 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Edit: always assuming people on here are from the US :tongue: it's £30 on Amazon here, under Omron Jog Style Pedometer.

haha!! thanks for that, i think i will give that a go for now, it looks like a good one! :) definitely not in the US, am in the Isle of Man!
  • tmood35
    Options
    Has anyone tried the fitbit zip? It seems pretty good. Thinking of getting one, but want to get some feedback first.