Belly Fat

Options
Hello everyone! I'm new here. I've already lost all of my weight. I've gone from 165 to 121, but I need some help with my belly. I work out 5 days a week doing about 45 minutes cardio and 30 minutes weights and I can see a difference everywhere but my stomach. What can I do to get rid of it?

Replies

• MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat. At this point your best bet is probably to focus on strength training and building muscle before trying to cut any more fat.
  • butterflycutie
    Options
    Do you mean cut out cardio and just lift weights?
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm new here. I've already lost all of my weight. I've gone from 165 to 121, but I need some help with my belly. I work out 5 days a week doing about 45 minutes cardio and 30 minutes weights and I can see a difference everywhere but my stomach. What can I do to get rid of it?
    Keep up the good work. That could mean that you haven't lost all your weight. Lift a little more and do a little less cardio.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    cut your cardio to 15-20mins and your weights up to an hour and lift heavy not the 2lb dumbbells
  • bongygs
    Options
    Nono, keep doing the cardio, but add high reps (10 -15) with 3 to 4 set for each major muscle group for resistant training( or lifting weights)
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Belly fat won't go away with exercise alone. Most of it's diet. Clean eating helps, too.
  • butterflycutie
    Options
    cut your cardio to 15-20mins and your weights up to an hour and lift heavy not the 2lb dumbbells

I'm gonna start cutting cardio tomm. I don't just lift 2lb dumb bells ....I lift pretty heavy for my weight. I guess I'm not targeting my stomach right. Do you have any suggetions?
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    stricter diet and cardio
  • butterflycutie
    Options
    Belly fat won't go away with exercise alone. Most of it's diet. Clean eating helps, too.

hmmm! That may be true in my case. What do you mean by clean eating? I eat fairly well but do have a little sugar everyday and I do drink alcohol a few times a week.
  • hkasel
    Options
    Keep up the great work! I would say add more water and fiber from fruits and vegs. The best fiber is from spinach and berries. Second best fiber is broccoli and apples.

In my opinion***
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options

I'm gonna start cutting cardio tomm. I don't just lift 2lb dumb bells ....I lift pretty heavy for my weight. I guess I'm not targeting my stomach right. Do you have any suggetions?

I agree with his suggestion. When you say your lifting, what type of things are you doing? I'd suggest doing dead lifts and squats. I've been doing this (among other exercises but i feel these are the best full body) and it's done WONDERS for my midsection.
  • butterflycutie
    Options
    Keep up the great work! I would say add more water and fiber from fruits and vegs. The best fiber is from spinach and berries. Second best fiber is broccoli and apples.

Thanks! I drink lots of water and eat lots of fruit but guess I need to add more veggies!
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options

hmmm! That may be true in my case. What do you mean by clean eating? I eat fairly well but do have a little sugar everyday and I do drink alcohol a few times a week.

Also excess carbs are stored as fat... Probably a big factor in why you still have a belly. They don't call it beer belly for nothin lol
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    what core work are you doing?
  • butterflycutie
    Options
    Keep up the good work. That could mean that you haven't lost all your weight. Lift a little more and do a little less cardio.

I have thought maybe I haven't lost enough weight, but I'm 5'5 and weigh 121 so not sure how much more to lose.
  • butterflycutie
    Options
    what core work are you doing?

I do planks and 50 sit ups with 5lb weights 5 days a week.
  • KageyKat
    Options
    What is clean eating?
  • butterflycutie
    Options

Also excess carbs are stored as fat... Probably a big factor in why you still have a belly. They don't call it beer belly for nothin lol

LOL! I guess that may be true in my case. Just didn't think it would be that big of a problem with how hard I work out :)
  • beachgirlinaz
    Options
    wow! way to go!
  • butterflycutie
    Options
    wow! way to go!

Thanks!!