ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later..
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    1. Exercise.
    2-5. See #1.

^^^ This sums it all up quite nicely. No speical tricks to remember, no rules to live by. Move more, burn more. 'Nuff said.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Breakfast does not work for me.

I speed up my metabolism and get my body to produce HGH by skipping breakfast and heading straight to the gym see a free document that explains how this happens. http://vacationbodyblueprint.com/

Seperating out the the two things worked for me and ignoring most other complications :

1) Eat less to lose fat.

2) Exercise to gain or maintain lean body mass.

Ignore exercise calories because it's insignificant when you don't have to worry about starvation mode anymore and it's highly over rated. Of course you burn energy, but not nearly what any of the devices say you do.

If you are not doing a weight training routine you need to start one and do it the rest of your life to ward off osteoporosis.

Listen to my body and change up the routine according to how I feel. In fact everything I do with food and exercise I will alter according to how I feel and not necessarily the "plan". Every day is an oportunity to workout or rest, whatever is needed. I find both strength and hunger comes in cycles. If I'm in a "more hungry" cycle I will eat at maintaince. I'm I'm less hungry I go with the flow and will take adantage of the time to eat less. I eat only when I want to eat. I have taken total control of that part of my life. Never again will anyone pressure me to eat when I don't want to eat or eat how many calories they think I should eat. I can skip any meal I want. I DECIDE. I OWN MY BODY.

Lift weights is KEY. I recently had my DXA scan done and at 51.5 years of age I have the bone density of a super athletic 30 year old. That is a direct result of lifiting for over 30 years. Now if that is not scientific proof that lifting weights keeps you younger I don't know what is!

More on my exact methods and my success --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    Total bullish*t post. Zero science to back this up.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    From what I can see it is from an article in Women’s Health magazine…..nuff said.

Listen lady- Don't talk **** about Women's Health. Have you ever even READ the magazine? They have a 1200 calorie meal plan in it each month that has pretty much changed my life! They have wonderful examples of fun cardio and different ways you can use household items to tone up.

Didn't you know you can cite magazines? If you couldn't, there wouldn't be examples of how to do so in APA, MLA, etc.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    eat breakfast or you'll get fat....
    a624466f_so_much_fail_trollcat.jpeg
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    From what I can see it is from an article in Women’s Health magazine…..nuff said.

Listen lady- Don't talk **** about Women's Health. Have you ever even READ the magazine? They have a 1200 calorie meal plan in it each month that has pretty much changed my life! They have wonderful examples of fun cardio and different ways you can use household items to tone up.

Didn't you know you can cite magazines? If you couldn't, there wouldn't be examples of how to do so in APA, MLA, etc.

:laugh: lol. I use that 1200 calorie meal plan too! I mean, per meal.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    :laugh: lol. I use that 1200 calorie meal plan too! I mean, per meal.
    Hey! Listen Lady! I use that magazine to starve myself every day and it's changed my life! I went from eating to mostly not and suddenly I am lighter.
  • Struelove1
    Struelove1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    kk was just trying to be helpful share something I read. Sounds like some of yall need to add more fiber to your diet
  • CoderGal
    Options
    kk was just trying to be helpful share something I read. Sounds like some of yall need to add more fiber to your diet

So we can be full of *hit? :tongue:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

it's just that many people are still starting out and reading this kind of "stuff" only makes a simple yet hard thing to do even more complicated.

most of the ideas in the article are old ideas that have been shown to be irrelevant. Not only women's health but also men's health are magazines that are driven by advertisers and should be avoided.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

1884407-y_u_mad.jpg
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    hmmm...cold water it is! I just got the ice....
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Understood and I know that your intentions were good - the comments are really directed at the article, not you. The problem is, people read this cr*p in magazines and articles and then jump through all these hoops to do things that are not necessary. Losing weight is hard enough without feeling like they have to do things that do not actually help.

The best weight loss advice: eat at a reasonable calorific deficit. Second best advice (and this one is my opinion), strength train. Third in the list: get your macros right. Rest, repeat.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Understood and I know that your intentions were good - the comments are really directed at the article, not you. The problem is, people read this cr*p in magazines and articles and then jump through all these hoops to do things that are not necessary. Losing weight is hard enough without feeling like they have to do things that do not actually help.

The best weight loss advice: eat at a reasonable calorific deficit. Second best advice (and this one is my opinion), strength train. Third in the list: get your macros right. Rest, repeat.

Also this.

Disputing the article is not a personal attack.
  • Coming4U
    Coming4U Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When you copy paste an article, it’s good to provide that link to the article so people can check sources. From what I can see it is from an article in Women’s Health magazine…..nuff said.

Kinda funny. I think that is the magazine I read about and found out about this very sight from. I checked it out, joined and am down 25 pounds and plan on going on and on. Without "Women's Day" this would never have happened. Nuff' Said
  • Coming4U
    Coming4U Posts: 93 Member
    Options

It was nice of you to post it and it is appreciated. People can take it with a grain of salt and go from there.
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the article and I agree with some of it, especially eating breakfast.

Here is an article from Web MD

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/increase-your-metabolism-start-losing-fat
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

There's a serious problem with all the health magazines- they have to produce new material and put out issues compelling enough to make people buy them in the grocery store EVERY MONTH. The problem is, actual nutrition and fitness doesn't change all that often. There's a few new ideas and studies all the time, but certainly not enough to produce a monthly magazine, and mostly the "new" information is some minute point that won't be applicable to most people, or if it is applicable- it's not anything earth shattering.

So, how do they produce new material month-to-month? They make it up. Or, more correctly, they take one of the minute points mentioned above, and extrapolate it in to complicated routines, regimens, and supplement suggestions and use tons of fluff writing to fill in the gaps. They re-print old, debunked ideas. They create workout routines of obscure isolation exercises to "target" some specific area. It's pretty much all bullsh!t, with the endgame of selling advertising and getting grocery aisle shoppers interested enough to buy the magazine and expose themselves to the ads at home. Unfortunately, this mindfcuks with people and gives resonance to silly made-up ideas.