Dont you just hate it when.......

Options
You open up the bread and you have to try and find a non mouldy slice!

Replies

• Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    O.... i just get rid of the entire thing and eat somethng else. I'm a freak I guess...
  • ReesesPuffs
    Options
    Wat?

Not gonna lie, thats pretty weird
  • butterflyqueen1984
    Options
    Just a random annoyance that happens on a weekly basis!
  • dub101
    dub101 Posts: 325
    Options
    O.... i just get rid of the entire thing and eat somethng else. I'm a freak I guess...

would have to agree.. not that you are a freak but that i would eat something else.. i mean you could be a freak who am i to judge.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Options
    Just a random annoyance that happens on a weekly basis!

I would try a different brand, or freeze your bread? That's rather odd.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    How long do you keep your bread?

Either freeze it or throw it out after the third day.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Options

would have to agree.. not that you are a freak but that i would eat something else.. i mean you could be a freak who am i to judge.

Yayyy now allow me to enlighten you about separate sponges for meat and non meat products! (JK I wont torture you with specific knowledge)....just prove my weirdness.
  • butterflyqueen1984
    Options
    How long do you keep your bread?

Either freeze it or throw it out after the third day.

Ummmmm like a week! That's bad isn't it! There is only 2 of us in our household so we probably don't go through much
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Options
    Honestly I don't have bread grow mold after a week...that's still odd. I can say putting it in the fridge would help. Or freeze half a loaf at a time?
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You could buy smaller loaves if you're not eating up a larger one. Also freezing bread helps and you can toast it from frozen on most toasters.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Freeze half a loaf when you get it home for the second half of the week
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    we freeze tehm too

don't search for non-mould. you can't see spores, which can be just as harmful.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    we freeze tehm too

^^^^^THIS^^^^^ she is soo right
  • smoochiepink
    smoochiepink Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i find it really annoying when i go to make a sandwich and find there is no bread in the house
  • butterflyqueen1984
    Options
    we freeze tehm too

Can bread really be harmful to you? I have done this for years lol, just the way I was brought up with not having much money lol. Maybe putting it in the fridge might help! My partner doesn't like freezing it cause he says it tastes funny.
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I get very disappointed when this happens.

I am dreadfully allergic to penicillin (blue mould) so at the first sign of mould the whole lot goes in the bin.
  • ReesesPuffs
    Options
    Putting bread in the fridge is bad, it'll go stale much more quicker. Just take out what you estimate to use and put the rest in the freeze. We let ours defrost the night before we want to use it and it tastes exactly the same
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Putting bread in the fridge is bad, it'll go stale much more quicker. Just take out what you estimate to use and put the rest in the freeze. We let ours defrost the night before we want to use it and it tastes exactly the same

stale but no mold! i always refrigerate my bread. if i leave it out i feel like i left the milk out or something.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I get very disappointed when this happens.

I am dreadfully allergic to penicillin (blue mould) so at the first sign of mould the whole lot goes in the bin.

Same bad allergy to penicillin so like you, even a tiny speck of mould, the loaf is gone.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I just toast it. The blue gives it more flavour :o)