What do you keep in your gym bag?

Options
Hey everyone!

I'm trying to put together a gym bag to keep in my car so I can go straight to the gym after work instead of stopping at home and just saying "screw it" to the gym all together and i was just wondering what some of you guys keep in your gym bags?

Work out clothes are kind of a no brainer but anything small or something you wouldn't normally think to keep in a gym bag?

Replies

• jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Me personally - Fresh clothes for after, towel, weight lifting gloves and straps, water bottle, deodorant, dencorub cream & a couple of painkillers in case of emergency injury.
  • leska1216
    Options
    Workout clothes, sox, shoes. Change of clothes. Hairbrush, toothbrush/paste, scrunchie, lots of water, painkillers, towel large and small, lotion. Pretty much the basics.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I keep my gym bag stocked with 2 days worth of clothes, towels, socks, etc plus iPod and yummy smelling body wash and deodorant that I only use after a work out.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Spare empty water bottle, notebook, pen, mp3 player, sweatband, length of heavy garden chain (perhaps it's to add weight... or perhaps it's to do ninja stuff... who knows :huh: ).
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Shampoo/Conditioner in one, towel, energy bar, hairbrush, anti-chafing body stick (if I'm planning a long run), flip flops, extra hair bands/bobby pins, chapstick, and empty water bottle to fill. Gym pass/wor-out plan, deo, emergenzy inhaler.... and clothes, of course, but I swap those out every workout. :D
  • LupaNera
    Options
    so. hairbrush, deodorant, a t-shirt (preferably clean), socks (clean of course unless I want someone killed), then my protection equipment (grappling gloves, boxing bands and shin protection but this is not general).
    The soap etc I can find it in the gym and I prefer showering at home. Otherwise a pair of plastic slippers to shower with them and a lightweight towel, shampoo and showering gel testers from my preferred brand. When I buy the big ones for home usually bag for testers :D (I used this when going to the pool).
    And depending on the workout maybe a banana and an empty bottle (0.75 lt). I have a very good fountain just in front of the gym so I avoid buying water and charring it. Just the plastic bottle.
  • FauxAngel13
    FauxAngel13 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I do this for after uni and I try and keep something motivational or inspirational... For example, at the moment I have a picture of the hair cut I want when I reach my goal weight, as well as extra bits and pieces, like my boxing gloves and a nice snack as a reward! Good Luck!
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    well for me since I'm female. I packed when I get in from work for the next morning then shower at the gym and go to work. I keep:
    Deorderant, Powder, Curling Iron (including hair care products), Lotion, Towels, Shower Shoes, Robe (for after shower), Female Products (for emergencies, lol), Make-up, Undergarments, Jewerly, Water Bottle, Toothbush, and Toothpaste, Change of clothes (for work), Shoes, My Nook (to listen to Pandora Radio, Headphone, Cell Phone. Did I forget anything? ROFL. I have a bag that rolls.

Hopefully this list can be shorten in two weeks when lockers come open. I leave home in my workout clothes and HRM. This is things I need to get ready to go to work after my workout.
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    shorts x 2 incase i have a heavy session cardio and then get roped into classes
    t shirts x 2
    shower towel
    Sweat towel
    deodorant
    showergel
    cycling shoes
    running shoes
    underwear x 2
    running socks
    white socks
    Heart rate monitor
    spare C2032 batteries for heart rate monitor
    headphones
    hair gel
    afterhave
    razor
    shave cream
    water bottle
    Gym pass on lanyard to the bag because i always loose it
    Locker coin on lanyard
    chewing gum

yep i have OCD :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Oh, and deodorant just in case!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    My gym supplies me with a locker and washes my kit for me, so I just keep my protein shaker, a pair of knickers, and a bottle of water in my gym bag.
  • amelie2011
    amelie2011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Towel and gum.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Towel, swimsuit, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, face wash, body spray, glasses case, clean change of clothes.

I actually don't have specific gym clothes - I wear a vest top, black microfleece trousers, and trainers to work, and I work out after work, wearing the same clothes.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    T-Shirt with a pocket (for my I-pod)
    Shorts (swimming trunk style)
    fresh underpants
    spare earphones
    Flannel (washcloth) - doubles as a sweat-rag in the gym
    HRM (chest strap and wrist band)
    Weight-lifting gloves
    £1 coin for the locker
    Antacid tablets
    Pain killers (analgesic tablets)
    Bottle of water
    Trainers (sneakers, training shoes)
    A comb
    Shower gel (in case the dispensers have run out - AGAIN!)
    gym membership card (but they usually let me in when I've lost it 'cos I treat so many of the staff and they know me)
    and
    a long-handled shoe horn (arthritic knees and metal hips - so YOU probably won't need this)

I know, I know! - it's a feat of exercise just getting this lot to the gym

- I forgot the towel (again)
  • TheBiggestLosee
    Options
    Well, since I live about 1.5 mile from my gym, I like to walk there and back, especially considering I've got time on my side. I've never been keen on using public showers (gym, hospital, etc.) so I carry with me a 32oz bottle of water, a towel, my wallet, keys, chapstick (I hate having chapped lips) - and now that the weather will be getting a lot cooler - a dry shirt to wear home until I can hop in the shower.
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    My gym supplies me with a locker and washes my kit for me, so I just keep my protein shaker, a pair of knickers, and a bottle of water in my gym bag.

tell me more? how much? where? and can i come
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My gym id tag on a lanyard with a padlock. A small towel for wiping sweat off my face. Earbuds. Facial cleansing wipes. Protein bar if I felt hungry after. Water bottle. Tampons, because my gym locker room amazingly didn't have a tampon vending machine.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

tell me more? how much? where? and can i come

http://www.slim-jims.co.uk/

I pay extra for the locker and laundry service, but its worth it.
  • maksjo199
    Options
    I usually bring Tennis shoes and gym clothes and my ipod. I don't shower until i get home because i hate showering infront of ppl lol
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Gym clothes
    Clothes for after
    Towel
    Scrubby gloves
    Disposable razors
    Shampoo
    Soap
    Deodorant
    Lotion
    Body spray
    Makeup bag
    Sanitary pads
    Protein bars
    Gum

I think that's it...oh and headphones and iphone.