Shopping tomorrow... 100 calorie snack ideas??

Options

Replies

• jenjones28
    jenjones28 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! I'll add these to my list. I've been doing grapes, kashi bars, string cheese, bananas, and greek yogurt, so these are all great alternatives. Keep 'em coming!
  • sameidt
    Options
    I'm new....thanks for the cool tip!:happy:
  • Squiggs67
    Options

Thanks for this! Looks awesome!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i wish i lived in US... you guys have EVERYTHING diet/sugar/fat free!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    special k mini breaks
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    stuffed grape leaves (Oasis brand 1oz = 31 cal). I mostly but them at CosCo and those are approx 40 or 50m cal per stuffed leaf, very satisfying.
  • wkrul
    Options
    Mini Snickers from Mars. They are only 45 cals, 2 gr fat, 5 gr sugar
  • hyndsie
    Options
    weetabix oaty bars, nice flavours, only 70 calories per bar!
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    nuts. fruit. vegetables and hummus. I tend to lose weight when I have ZERO access to carb-snacks bc I'm hungry at night. If I don't eat when I'm hungry at night, and just go to sleep, I lose fat. If I eat carbs (even fat-free snacks) at night I stay the same or gain weight. If I lived alone, I would keep no snacks other than nuts. fruit. vegetables.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    100 calorie pack dark chocolate sprinkled almonds (made by blue diamond)

and I'm all about the grapes
  • peter236uk
    peter236uk Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    yeah and its all processed stuff not good
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is grocery shopping day (boo). Anyone care to share their favorite snack ideas around 100 calories?

Bite Size Petite Prunes ( 7 for 100 calories)
    Fiber One 90 calorie brownies
    Quaker Chewy Granola Bars (90 calories)
    Navel Oranges (medium, around 80 calories)
    Light Yogurt cups (anywhere from 80-100 calories depends on brand)
    Emerald Almonds 100 calorie pack (dark chocolate is my favorite)
    Cracker Barrel Cheese Singles (70 calories, individually wrapped)
    Vitalicious Muffins (if your local store sells them, around 100 calories)
    Baby carrots (around 20 or so for 100 calories)
    Grapes/ cherries (1 cup for around 100 calories)
    Strawberries (around 2 cups for 100 calories)
    String Cheese (usually 80 calories, some "light" versions are even less)
    Hard boiled egg (approx. 80 calories for one)

Hope this helps in some way. Good luck and happy (healthy) snacking!

*Also, Luna Bars come in mini-sizes (this is my recent discovery). Only 70 calories, so half the calories of the regular sized bar. And it is a perfect 'snack' portion.

**I almost forgot one of my favorites-- JELLO!!! Add some light whipped toppings and its light, delish, and definitely under 100 calories!
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    An MFP friend also recently suggested homemade Larabars (I didn't know what these are...guess a brand of energy bars?) Anyway, Google and MFP reveal that they look delicious, and the cashew versions work out to be around 152 calories each. Bit more than you are aiming for, but they look seriously good. All you really need is dates, cashews, peanut butter and a food processor (: I imagine the granola versions are less calories.

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2012/07/01/recipe-homemade-larabars-4-ways-including-nut-free/
  • V3XES
    V3XES Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Slim fast, or a similar powder mix, drink made up with 250 mls of water instead of milk = 70 cals roughly, but the best bit is to add 1 Weetabix and blend it with one of those hand held whizzers..Total 135 cals for chocolate flavoured Weetabix that will keep ya going for a bit.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    This, my friends, is an Atkins advantage bar. It is only 150 calories, 4 net carbs, and 10g of protein! And satisfies my chocolate cravings! Perfect if you are a low carb person like me :)

7992039323_53eb6b982c.jpg
  • deborahr59
    Options
    try weight watchers fruit crumble biscuits . 89 calories per bar or special k bars.they're yummy and covered with chocolate if you want!! or some fruit chopped up in a small container.have fun.:smile:
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    frozen blueberries
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    People wonder why they can't and or stall at losing weight. A sound meal plan wouldn't have the need for snacks. Lol at pringles.
  • McShell12
    McShell12 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    yeah and its all processed stuff not good

And we are a nation of obese people. :(
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    People wonder why they can't and or stall at losing weight. A sound meal plan wouldn't have the need for snacks. Lol at pringles.

You have six meals a day, which is fine, but some only have 3 and like a small snack in between. Or some crave a little salt, sugar, or whatever. Better to have a small snack then deprive yourself and binge, right? Just remember not everyone has the same will power to resist all things bad as you do, which is why, I believe, majority of the people use mfp, to make sure they don't over do it.