Replies

• littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing :-)
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Truly stunning and an amazing story of what can be achieved!

Well done
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    So inspirational. You look absolutely amazing!
  • wannabeafitmum
    Options
    WOW!
    You have done a awesome job!!

That's exactly what I want to do!!

Well done!!
  • Limbo2012
    Limbo2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look fantastic! All your hard work has given you so much to be proud of and especially, in full respect of what your body needs! Thank you very much for sharing your journey ... definitely an inspiration to us all! :)
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Incredible... You look fantastic!
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    This. Is. Incredible. I would kill to look like you one day! I guess since you were strength training and eating at a surplus for years, all of those extra calories helped build muscle... then you got rid of the fat by cleaning up your diet... so essentially you just did a (very long) buiking and cutting cycle hahaha. Well you look fantastic!
  • lizchristine
    lizchristine Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration and a hottie! I definitely will start paying attention to lifting weights more.

I also really liked what you said about how we eat too much as a society. That is so true. Our plates are too big, portion sizes are out of control, and how can anyone even think that a big glup of soda is okay? The new normal in our country regarding food is definitely NOT normal.

Great post and a big congrats on your hard work!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    This. Is. Incredible. I would kill to look like you one day! I guess since you were strength training and eating at a surplus for years, all of those extra calories helped build muscle... then you got rid of the fat by cleaning up your diet... so essentially you just did a (very long) buiking and cutting cycle hahaha. Well you look fantastic!

No I ate 100% CLEAN when I was obese. It's ALL ABOUT CALORIES. I actually added in a few "unclean" things to reduce calories, not that I liked it, but clean&obese is more unhealthy then fit&just a little bit not perfectly clean. Of course clean is better, but too many of any calories makes you fat.

And the surplus didn't help help. I guess you could say carrying around a 60 lb pack of fat on my body 24 hours a day helped me build muscle but it didn't do much for the stress on my organs. I would much rather be lean and pick up a 60 lb barbell! LOL
  • mslainie
    Options
    amazing!! truly inspiring!!
  • insyweensy
    insyweensy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump. love it!
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    FANTASTIC!! Thank you for sharing. I was in a slump this week and this story got me back on track! Shout out to the 'older' women! We rock!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    You did an awesome job! And yes, i do need reminding to add strength to my routine...
    Thank you.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Thanks for the inspiration. I too have low thyroid and adrenal fatigue. You have given me new hope to keep fighting this. My GP has just increased my medication again after I gained 12lb in a month! Turned out my thyroid function had dropped again!

You look amazing and I shall keep remembering that when I am finding it tough. Brilliant work :happy:
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and you certainly deserve to after all that hard work. I have to admit I didn't understand some of the lingo in your post, so I'm not exactly sure what you did, but keep doing it!
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    What a great story, thanks for sharing!
  • ElleFerguson
    ElleFerguson Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing.
    I think this is a sign that maybe it's time for me to start incorporating some weight lifting into my weight loss fitness plans.
  • NShapeRunning
    NShapeRunning Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow! Absolutely amazing! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!