Pumpkin Protein Pancakes!

Options
hollyNhollywood
hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
So I've been using a recipe I got on the message boards for protein pancakes. (Thanks to original poster!!) :drinker: Its been delicious (though the pancakes do turn out a little 'flat'). I had some pumpkin I've been trying to use up so I decided to make pumpkin flavored. As I absolutely love anything pumpkin.... coffee, ice cream, ravioli, pie, bread, muffin, ok... you get the picture :smile:

So I just tweaked the recipe a teeny, tiny bit and they turned out pretty darn good on the first try.

Here you go:

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 heaping tbs of Libby's 100% pumpkin
2 egg whites (or 4 oz of liquid egg whites, which is what I used)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (I use Blue Diamond unsweetened vanilla)
3/4 tsp. baking powder (I use reduced sodium to keep the sodium low)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (this was an approximation)
2 1/2 truvia packets (original recipe calls for 2, I knew it would need more to help sweeten the pumpkin.. again this was an approximation. 3 packets would probably work out as well)

I top it with sugar free maple syrup.
It makes 3 med sized pancakes (or 4 small ones). I usually eat two of them, and leave the smallest one (which is always my first one, and is also always the flattest, not sure why that always works out) to snack on later and use as a crepe.. I fill it with strawberries, flavored nonfat plain greek yogurt, etc)

Here's my nutrition info (for the entire mix):
182 calories
2 fat
.5 saturated fat
30 cholesterol
446 mg sodium (still a bit high for my liking, as I have HBP, I need to get sodium free baking powder)
153 potassium
17 carbs
2 fiber
2.3 sugars
31.5 protein
63% vitamin A
43% calcium
4% iron

Replies