Have u found WATER to help you drop lbs?

Options
I'm finally starting to drink water and I find the weight is, at least initially, coming off quicker than with anything else I've done. Does anyone swear by water?

Replies

• josyjozy
    josyjozy Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    No.

Regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle has helped drop the pounds. Water just helps keep me hydrated and feel full.
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've heard water helps speed up metabolism, but I'm sure on that one haha. Generally for me it really helped not over eat, if I drank 2 cups of water before each meal. Maybe that's helping you?
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    yes!
  • suckerlove
    Options
    No.

Regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle has helped drop the pounds. Water just helps keep me hydrated and feel full.

I agree completely
  • shadoewz
    Options
    Absolutely! I believe that plain water is an important part of the weight loss equation, and it also helps keep you full.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Drinking more water helps your body to drop water weight. Lots of benefits to staying hydrated but hard work and making calories count are the reward and most helpful to me.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I believe it does, i feel less hungry. the downside is i pee every 15-30 minutes.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Of course water is important to losing weight. The more hydrated you are the better all your systems work.
  • pjrbs
    pjrbs Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am stressed and when I am bored. Getting a glass of water before, or instead of, a snack has been helping.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I do. Water helps a lot with my weight loss.
  • miltongurl05
    miltongurl05 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm finally starting to drink water and I find the weight is, at least initially, coming off quicker than with anything else I've done. Does anyone swear by water?

Definitely.........it gives you a feeling of being full and you have to go to the bathroom more often which reduces the water in your body and thus, your weight! :)
  • emtb319
    Options
    I don't know if it's helping me lose weight per se, but the more water I drink, the better I feel and the less crud I drink and eat.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Alot of it's biological. Water helps your kidneys remove toxins. If you're kidney are functioning properly you're liver can digest fats more efficiently.
  • ocliao
    ocliao Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    it is possible to drink too much water, causing low sodium balance and in severe cases neurologic complications.
  • wrbiii
    wrbiii Posts: 151
    Options
    Yes, when I drink a lot of it, and when I swim in it :-)
  • thedandylion
    Options
    I swear by it now. Obviously it's not the only reason for weight loss but it did help me, up until recently I was terrible with my water intake and always felt dizzy, tired and lacking energy but then I really concentrated on getting water inside me and now it's what I drink most. With that, I have lost more weight than I have done before because now I can exercise and just do more without feeling terrible. I never realised until now, just how amazing water is.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I say yes because I've replaced high calorie sugary drinks with water. Also, it seems to help me control cravings.
  • GAsoulstar
    GAsoulstar Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just read this article and I found it to be very interesting:

Dr. Brenda Davy, associate professor of human nutrition, foods and exercise at Virginia Tech, presented at last year's obesity conference in Phoenix, Arizona, showed that people who drank two glasses of water 20 to 30 minutes before every meal lost weight more quickly initially and lost significantly more weight than those who didn't.

In another study by Davy and her group, published last year in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, she found that people who drank water before meals ate an average of 75 fewer calories at that meal.

Finally, it is very difficult for the body to differentiate hunger from thirst. If you don't drink enough water throughout the day, you may mistake thirst for hunger and eat more than you really need, which can also impair weight loss. So staying well hydrated is important, particularly if you are trying to lose weight. And don't forget to eat lots of water-based foods like soups, vegetables and low-fat dairy, which are equally important for weight loss, as they lower the calorie density of meals. That can help you reduce calories without reducing portions.

Drinking massive amounts of water (gallons and gallons) can cause a dangerous condition known as hyponatremia (low sodium levels in the blood), which can cause confusion, irritability and seizures and may even lead to a coma.

This condition is very rare in healthy people but can sometimes be seen in the elderly or in endurance athletes who sweat significantly and drink water only to replace lost fluids. Most people should be far more concerned with not drinking enough water versus drinking too much.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I don't know that it's helping with the weight loss, but I sure do feel better having lots of water. Staying properly hydrated can only help, IMO