Size 18 gone!

Options
Today I donated all my size 18 pants! I never want to wear them again!

2 years ago I bought a pair of 18 slacks to wear to my dads funeral, because I didn't want to suck it in on that day. I let myself grow into them and slowly replaced my wardrobe with size 18 clothes. Boo!

It took 28 lbs but I am back into the 16's I wore before and well on my way to the 10, I wore in college.

Does anyone else think it helps to get rid of the old clothes?

25851322.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• sophie_wr
    sophie_wr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That is a big success !!! congrats & keep goin'
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Good work!!! Yes it helps a lot! if you have bigger clothes you wont care as much to let yourself go, its too easy. When you have to start buying new, bigger clothes you get a nice kick in the *kitten* to stop it!
  • countrygal2004
    countrygal2004 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Way to go ! I'll take them. I'm down from a 22 to 18...and going down, down, down. :)
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    absolutely! I've given my big clothes away too. I don't want ANY excuse to have them here "just in case". That's never gonna happen again. Way to go on your accomplishment!
  • gillsta_21
    gillsta_21 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think it's such a great idea to get rid of old clothes, if you don't have them it makes it harder to slip back into them :)
  • kinzytg
    Options
    Yes, at first I put my clothes in the attic, but once I was down more than 4 sizes I decided I would not need them again and donated them to charity! I also have come to realize I need less clothes than I thought. People really did not notice my weight loss until I started wearing better fitting clothes! I did take in a few classic items (pencil skirts).
  • tcm373
    Options
    very inspirational! I'm a size 18 now, can't wait to get there!
  • HeatherSLosinIt
    HeatherSLosinIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am going to hold onto one shirt and one pair of pants, only so I can keep taking progression pics in them. I love how people are doing their pictures in the same outfit each time, because it really drives home how much of a change there's been. Other than that, I am getting rid of everything else :)
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congrats, keep up the great work!
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I know it has helped for me. I just donated my 18's to a friend and I hot on the trail of fitting comfortably in a 14. The 12's are a bit snug. I have found that ridding my closet of those bigger sizes gives me no choice but to move forward.
  • roguestates
    Options
    I have found that ridding my closet of those bigger sizes gives me no choice but to move forward.

I'm looking forward to the day when I can donate my sz 14 clothes. I've already donated my smaller clothes last year because they were more burdensome than motivating.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Only reason I would say hold on to it...would be too take a pic later when you swim in them!! Congrats :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Tsunami79
    Tsunami79 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    great job, can't wait to get rid of my size 16 pants and XL shirts, but I am going to keep one of each so I can, use them as before pictures.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And YES....it helps to get rid of the clothes. That way you cannot go back to them! I have slowly given mine to a co-worker and now to Goodwill. I do have suit jackets and sweaters that I will be donating this fall....just have to go through the closet and clean it out. I will also have winter coats to donate as they were too big last winter but I limped through. I bought new winter coats this spring when they were on clearance!!

Keep up the good work and soon you'll be in those 10's!!
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I hold onto one old pair of jeans and one old shirt to remind me of how far I've come.

Other than that, I've just gotten rid of everything bigger than a 10/US 6.

Goodbye fat clothes, I hope I never see you again!
  • gailashton
    Options
    Good for you. That's the way to kick it in the *kitten* for sure! I used to be a 22 and those were actually getting tight. This was the first time I got rid of all my bigger clothes & am confident I will never go back there. I'm down to a 10/12 now and am happy with that. If I lose more great, if I don't I am much happier and healthier!

Congratulations and keep up the good work and commitment to yourself!
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    Options
    I think that it helps immensely. I started out in a tight size 28 jeans and clothes. Whenever I fit into a new size pants and the old ones I can pull down when zipped, I donate them. I donated 9 bags of clothes to a girl from work who is my original size. She thoughti t was the best thing ever. I know if I don't have those clothes to fit into, I won't go back to them ever!!! good for you for doing the same. And sorry for the loss of your dad.
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this. I really feel tomorrow my weigh in will have me down at 50lbs. I really cannot wear any of my clothes anymore but I'm having a hard time packing things up and dealing with them. Maybe it's a good thing but part of me is really freaked out about doing it. I know if I keep them it will be easier to slide back into them and that's no good and this 50lbs has really made a HUGE difference in my shape. I went from 3x pants to 18 jeans but XL scrubs. This is a good thing so why do I feel the need to hold onto the old stuff? I'm sure it's some mental thing I don't want to deal with LOLLLL. Thanks for a good reminder of why I need to get rid of them.
  • Lipstickcherry
    Lipstickcherry Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    good for you! YAY! :smokin: YOU ARE SMOKIN!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I Will be donating my 20's soon! So excited to do that!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!