CONFESSION TIME

Options
Have you ever hid something you were going to eat later or put your name on something to let others in your house that it was hands off?

Replies

• kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Yup, that used to be completely normal behaviour for me. Thank goodness it's not anymore.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    No, but I used to go to the store by myself and eat a king size candy bar on my way home and toss the wrapper before anyone saw it, Or I would run errands by myself and stop and grab something at Sonic and throw the stuff away before I got home. Now if I eat it I track it, I use the app on my phone A TON!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    That's the house rule here haha. If you don't want someone to eat something, your name goes on it.
  • pooleekylie
    Options
    No. But the other day I gave my little brother the stare-down when he tried to go after my Halloween oreos. Not that I would ever eat such a thing, of course. :blushing:
  • DevSea
    Options
    Well, one time I was really trying to eat healthy, and my mother had just gotten home (she was really pushing me forward) and I didn't want her to see the nachos I had just made....So I ended up with rolled up paper plate filled with nachos in my pants :l
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    nope, If I lived with a room mate I'm sure I would.
  • GmeB
    GmeB Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    are you kidding? thats the first rule in the fat girl manual.lol
    :laugh:
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. My treats are my treats! However, my husband will occasionally look for or ask about my "stash." if I leave them out in plain view, he eats them and gets mad at himself. Or the kids eat them, and they get enough snacks as it is! :smile:
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    We have a large family. The pantry reeks of permanent marker.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    yes, i hide all the good beers in the way back of the fridge and put the ****ty ones up front so others will drink those first and i can have savor the good ones later.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Well, one time I was really trying to eat healthy, and my mother had just gotten home (she was really pushing me forward) and I didn't want her to see the nachos I had just made....So I ended up with rolled up paper plate filled with nachos in my pants :l

I hate it when that happens!
  • juliette28
    Options

LOL!!! :laugh:
  • Hichiko
    Hichiko Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've never really hidden what I wanted to eat, but marking my food as mine? Hoo. Used to do it all the time.

In the past year, I'd given up on marking things as "hands-off." My roomie usually doesn't even notice it until she's halfway through eating whatever it was. :/

On the bright side, now that I've started buying more produce, she flat-out ignores the food in the fridge (She HATES vegetables and tends to keep on a diet of fast food/restaurants and soda). Eating healthier has never been better for my budget - or the safety of my food!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    LOL I have my own CUPBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! back away slowly and no one loses a hand......:glasses:
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    No, but I used to go to the store by myself and eat a king size candy bar on my way home and toss the wrapper before anyone saw it, Or I would run errands by myself and stop and grab something at Sonic and throw the stuff away before I got home. Now if I eat it I track it, I use the app on my phone A TON!

Me too
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I stop at DQ and get a small blizzard while driving on the way home and throw the trash at a gas station bin...not because I am necessarily hiding the calories but because I don't feel like buying and toting five more home for everyone else, lol. If I don't want my family to eat my stuff, I just have to buy organic foods, almond milk, or tofu. They generally wont touch anything healthy!
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    We have a large family. The pantry reeks of permanent marker.

This.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    No.
  • doodles80
    Options
    No, but I used to go to the store by myself and eat a king size candy bar on my way home and toss the wrapper before anyone saw it, Or I would run errands by myself and stop and grab something at Sonic and throw the stuff away before I got home.

YES YES YES YES!!!!
  • kellyjw84
    kellyjw84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! and I've often gone into the closet or bathroom to eat something I know I'm going to have to share if someone sees me eat it! BAD I know!