Half your weight in water

Options
Does anybody else drink half their weight in water? And do you find it effective??

Replies

• jinastevens
    Options
    i drink soooo much water throughout the day it probably is half my weight lol and i find it keeps me full between meals and also keeps me well hydrated because i exercise as much as possible!
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Half your weight in oz - for me it boils down to about 2.5 liters - it helps with the mindless knoshing and you get the extra steps as you run to the loo!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    pffft nah...I wish...perhaps one day out of the year I do
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    i generally do. bob harper from the biggest loser says you should and i think you really can't go wrong listening to his advice. good luck!
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    That's what I aim for. Usually wind up 1 or 2 glasses shy.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I typically do. I do it because I like ice water and it keeps me from mindlessly snacking on junk. It also helps keep my water weight down which means that my blood pressure stays controlled without meds.
  • DMarieLVT
    DMarieLVT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do abide by the '1/2 your weight in ounces of water' rule and I honestly feel so much healthier doing it. Plus it keeps me from drinking high calorie drinks. It's worked so far :)
  • DMarieLVT
    DMarieLVT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i generally do. bob harper from the biggest loser says you should and i think you really can't go wrong listening to his advice. good luck!

TRUTH! :drinker:
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    i drink a lot more than that.
  • Tata4now1074
    Options
    I try to do this. I have been told by a couple of my doctors to do this, but then my PCP tells me it is not necessary to drink that much. With my weight, I should be drinking 16 (plus a little more) glasses a day. I have been either over or pretty darn close every day for the last week or so. I have to say something is helping, because I am still losing weight and haven't necessarily been eating the right things everyday. Just make sure NOT to drink so much that you cause other medical issues by flushing out too much nutrients. Good luck with your journey.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Does anybody else drink half their weight in water? And do you find it effective??

If I drank 120lbs of water, I think I would die.
  • pinkzebras72
    Options
    I stopped drinking anything but water and I feel a 100% better. And now my weight is starting to come off again.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yeah i think typically drink even more than that. at least 12 glasses of regular water but i also drink a crap load of tea that i dont really keep track of
  • Tata4now1074
    Options
    It should be half you weight in ounces of water a day (not pounds). Example: if you weigh 200 pounds to drink 100 ounces of water.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    It should be half you weight in ounces of water a day (not pounds). Example: if you weigh 200 pounds to drink 100 ounces of water.

Why? Unless you're a manual laborer/athlete working in the sun.
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I drink more than half my weight. 10-12 cups per day.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that you also get water from foods you eat. I do worry about over-hydrating...anyone else?
  • DenisePenland
    Options
    Nope I have a hard time drinking the 64 ounces:smooched:
  • maybaby56
    Options
    I just started and oh my, I feel like I am foating but the scales have been moving down! When I weigh less I can drink less, and I am looking forward to it!
  • luv2hate
    luv2hate Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thats absolutely right!! The less you weigh, the less you drink. I never thought of it like that!!

I just started and oh my, I feel like I am foating but the scales have been moving down! When I weigh less I can drink less, and I am looking forward to it!