Half your weight in water

Options

Replies

• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I do. I don't feel well if I don't drink enough water.
  • chrismoore1969
    chrismoore1969 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Does that mean I have to drink i have to drink about a gallon of water? That is a lot!!!!!
  • lalalyn12
    lalalyn12 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly if I do that I will be drinking 23 cups of water...I can barely down 8 cups smh....
  • luv2hate
    luv2hate Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You take what you weigh, divide by 2, change that # to ounces, and thats half your weight in water!! For example..I weigh 221...(BLAH)...Divide that by 2 I get 110.5 110.5/8 equals 13 and a half cups of water I drink to equal half my body weight!

Does that mean I have to drink i have to drink about a gallon of water? That is a lot!!!!!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    1/2 your weight in water? I don't think so!

A person weighing 140 lbs would have to drink 70 lbs of water or 8.4 gallons a day!
    (1 gallon of water weighs 8.34 pounds)

1/2 your weights in ounces of water makes a little more sense - that same 140lb person would be drinking 70 oz and that just under 1/2 gallon.
  • funpilot56
    Options
    Yes I do but I generally do not like water. What I did was fill a measuring cup with water and poured it in a glass and drank the whole glass counting the "gulps" until it was finished. For me it was 6 gulps. EVERY time I drink water, I drink 6 gulps, whether from a bottle, glass, fountain, etc. I mark down with hash marks on my food log water and try to get at least half my body weight in ounces...many times over that amount. And yes, I urinate more frequently...water in = water out (minus what is used for metabolism) lol.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I average around 16 cups of water a day. Helps flush out that nasty sodium.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    That would be 46 water bottles...when would I be hungry?
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    1/2 your weight in water? I don't think so!

A person weighing 140 lbs would have to drink 70 lbs of water or 8.4 gallons a day!
    (1 gallon of water weighs 8.34 pounds)

1/2 your weights in ounces of water makes a little more sense - that same 140lb person would be drinking 70 oz and that just under 1/2 gallon.

^^^This^^^
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I probably drink more than that. Especially on work out days.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Been doing this for quite sometime.... I weigh 249 lbs currently and drink around 150 ounces of water a day....
  • luv2hate
    luv2hate Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well it def must be working!! Good job on the weight loss, your tickers motivates me to continue!

Been doing this for quite sometime.... I weigh 249 lbs currently and drink around 150 ounces of water a day....
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Drinking 67 lbs of water....I think any normal person would literally die from water poisoning :PPPP
    Sarcasm aside, I drink about 3-4 liters a day, and so I dont wash away the needed electrolytes, I put elixir tablets in two of the 4.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i drink 64 oz a day minimum some days i drink more some days i dont.
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    Options
    I've never heard of this but guess I do cause I drink 10 glasses a day (80 ounces). I'm 135lbs so that's more than half my body weight.
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for the past couple days and I already feel great!
  • miacatherine
    miacatherine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It should be half you weight in ounces of water a day (not pounds). Example: if you weigh 200 pounds to drink 100 ounces of water.

This is more logical.

If I drank 1/2 my weight in lbs. I would need to consume almost 19 GALLONS of water every day... I would die.

If I drank 1/2 my weight in oz I would need to consume 148 oz.

I drink about 140 to 224 oz of water per day. I find that I really do function better and feel better when I drink that much water.
  • cmeroar68
    cmeroar68 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I drink more than 1/2 my body weight. What I wonder is if the flavor packettes you put into the water count towards your water intake. If so, I'm probably drinking my weight! (in ounces naturally)
  • Lemonaiding
    Lemonaiding Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I drink 160-200 ounces of water a day. I love water. And I found that I don't have to watch my sodium intake. In fact when I was cutting down on my sodium I felt lethargic and dizzy because it was all being flushed out. Water energizes me, keeps my complexion soft and blemish free, and I rarely experience headaches. Listen to your body. Adjust the amounts for what suits you. Obviously thirst varies from person to person.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I drink more than that since I am living in the desert