Am I doing this right? Your opinions needed!!

Options
I started this yesterday. I was struggling to get the amount of calories they wanted me to take. Same case today. But its not too bad. I wasntwanteded yall to check out what I have been doing and let me know Im eating "right", and on track.

EDIT: It is cutting off the important part. Ill upload a link, copy and paste it in your browser.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9mmkitmj2ujyz40/3MuyTdv052

This is from yesterday.

1z5mf84.png
2q3ahdt.png

This is for today.

1o7ui1.png
r8wbrk.png

Thanks

EDIT: It is cutting off the important part. Ill upload a link, copy and paste it in your browser.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9mmkitmj2ujyz40/3MuyTdv052

Replies

• MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more, especially if you are exercising. You need to try to net a minimum of 1200 calories per day by eating back your exercise calories. You should also try to get much more protein - aim for 100g per day.
  • km202
    km202 Posts: 112
    Options
    You need to eat more, especially if you are exercising. You need to try to net a minimum of 1200 calories per day by eating back your exercise calories. You should also try to get much more protein - aim for 100g per day.

Yes, definitely eat at least 1200 calories a day to avoid entering starvation mode.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    Eat until that number is "0". That is the way this site is intended to be used. So, eat those 400+ calories. Otherwise you are undereating and that causes a whole other set of problems that you don't want.
  • mad00had00
    mad00had00 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies so far. How about the nutritional detail colums? My sugar intake seems hihg but I believe its due to the oranges I eat .

You cant see the full data on the pics I posted...click on the link provided in the OP.

Thanks all.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    As a 24 year old male unless your under 5 feet tall you need to eat a lot more than 1200 calories a day. Take a look at this link and see how you should set up your target. Find your BMR and your TDEE. Eat more than your BMR and 2-% less than your TDEE. PM me if you would like a double check on the numbers. Your protein should be at least 30-40% of calories and yur fat and carbs can flex as you choose.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • mad00had00
    Options
    Can it be anything that I can eat until its "0"? Even a chocolate cube??
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies so far. How about the nutritional detail colums? My sugar intake seems hihg but I believe its due to the oranges I eat .

You cant see the full data on the pics I posted...click on the link provided in the OP.

Thanks all.

As long as your sugar is coming from natural, unprocessed sources, don't worry about it, honestly.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Get potassium supplements, dont want those muscles seizing up!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you're a dude... why are you eating so little?
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Sugar is high, protein on day one is too low, not getting enough calories (even I eat 1400-2400 depending on if it's an exercise day). Set your goals and sick to them, not way under and not over. Check your tdee and bmr.
  • mad00had00
    Options
    Sugar is high, protein on day one is too low, not getting enough calories (even I eat 1400-2400 depending on if it's an exercise day). Set your goals and sick to them, not way under and not over. Check your tdee and bmr.

Sugar is high because of the fruits. The only thing I ate today (that was sweet, other than an orange) was a cube of rice crispy.
  • mad00had00
    Options
    you're a dude... why are you eating so little?

I am recovering from a viral.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Your sodium seems high for that little amount of calories and your protein was really high. I have a hard time keeping sodium down too, but I agree with the others who say for a guy the amount of calories is kinda low. If you are recovering from being ill then try to up them over the next couple days and keep an eye on the sodium. You should do fine.
  • mad00had00
    Options
    Your sodium seems high for that little amount of calories and your protein was really high. I have a hard time keeping sodium down too, but I agree with the others who say for a guy the amount of calories is kinda low. If you are recovering from being ill then try to up them over the next couple days and keep an eye on the sodium. You should do fine.

Thanks. I was thinking keeping it on and about the goal that is specified for my sodium limit was fine. Based upon the goal they have set up for me I am doing well..think I should cut down more on it?
  • kellicci
    Options
    No It wasn't over for the day but then again neither were your calories. So when you feel better and are eating more just watch that it doesn't go too far over...or just drink tons more water.

If you put your height and weight and goal in what MFP gave you should work but you should eat back at least half of your exercise calories.

What is your starting height and weight and what is your goal?
  • mad00had00
    Options
    No It wasn't over for the day but then again neither were your calories. So when you feel better and are eating more just watch that it doesn't go too far over...or just drink tons more water.

If you put your height and weight and goal in what MFP gave you should work but you should eat back at least half of your exercise calories.

What is your starting height and weight and what is your goal?

Thanks for your answer. TDEE AND BMR is something I need to look at.
  • kellicci
    Options
    Wow I can't believe MFP gave you only 1300 calories to eat! Most guys get way more than the girls do. Your BMR should be around 1970 which means a conservative TDEE would be around 2350. I don't really think 600 cals under your BMR is good for you. Did you say you wanted to lose 2 pounds a week? You may want to change that down to 1 pound a week. Eat a little more and work out to get the bigger deficit.
  • mad00had00
    Options
    Wow I can't believe MFP gave you only 1300 calories to eat! Most guys get way more than the girls do. Your BMR should be around 1970 which means a conservative TDEE would be around 2350. I don't really think 600 cals under your BMR is good for you. Did you say you wanted to lose 2 pounds a week? You may want to change that down to 1 pound a week. Eat a little more and work out to get the bigger deficit.

Yeah Ill keep at it for a week and see how my body's reacting. And there will amp it up a bit if needed.
  • mad00had00
    Options
    More insights will be appreciated..