Just need to vent!

Options
Moniqua1
Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
So, I just ran my first 5k mud run and all I wanted to do was tell my boyfriend how much fun I had and show him pictures of the run and share my excitement with him and all he had to say to me was, "I'm glad you had fun, I don't need to see pictures and don't care to hear about it." Ugh! Really?! Being persistent, I try to show him pictures, thinking he might get a kick out of seeing his usually pretty prissy girlfriend having a blast and caked in mud but he just turned his head away from the pics and didn't care to see them at all! Soooo frustrating! My mom ran the race along side of me and my brother came to show support and basically ran the course with us to take pictures. So much support, yet none from my SO, who I feel should be my biggest supporter. :( poor me. End of venting. Thanks for reading. Men suck sometimes.

Replies

• TonyM1984
    Options
    We ain't all like that! I liked your pics! Looked like you had a ton of fun!
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's bummed that you are really getting into something new. Sometimes guys are threatened by change. Not making excuses...it was still a d1ck move by him. Just trying to give a possible explanation for said d1ck move.
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's bummed that you are really getting into something new. Sometimes guys are threatened by change. Not making excuses...it was still a d1ck move by him. Just trying to give a possible explanation for said d1ck move.

Exactly.

Also, if he's threatened by you bettering yourself, time to move on. :D
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I sincerely hope you told him what an A-hole he is!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    only 3 posts needed for the first 'time to move on' comment :/
  • LaurenLite
    Options
    He should be elated for you, proud of you, and happy to share in your enthusiasm. Most of all, he should SUPPORT you in what you love and in your endevours. Take this as an eye opening experience, if they don't support you now, they won't support you when you need it later. If he can't show a little interest (even if it isn't interesting to HIM, it's interesting to you and you should be interesting to him). <3 Feel better and find someone who thinks the world of you because you DESERVE that!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Wow! Sorry he can't be supportive of you. It seems like something is bothering him. He didn't even go to root for you with your family?
  • rashmirao74
    rashmirao74 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm not making excuses for his behavior, but, just thinking, could it be bcoz he wasn't a part of it. Maybe he feels left out or jealous about you having fun with your family while he is being sidelined. Or maybe he is possessive....OR maybe going thru PMS :-)
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My husband is the exact same way. Everytime I tell him how much weight I lost he says, "That's good." and quickly changes the subject. I feel your pain. In my opinion, your SO should be the one who is the most supportive and the one who gets excited right there with you and when they don't, it makes you feel all alone. I know. And I'm sorry.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Was he watching football at the time?
  • deedeehopes
    deedeehopes Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    At least you had fun :) That's the most important part.
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow! Major jerk move!! I wouldn't put up with that if I were you. If he's not supportive, then eventually he will be a hindrance to your goals. Right now his passivity might not seem like a detriment to your success... but left to grow over time, it will. If he can't support you in something you're excited about now, he WILL hold you back from your potential later.

You deserve better. He deserves the boot.
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    No, I know better than to interrupt sports! Lmfao! He went to his cousin's wedding that happened to be on the same day. My mom came down from out of state and paid for my registration, so no backing out. He said that it wasn't a big deal that I couldn't go with him (he never makes time for my family) when he found out that another cousin's wife ran and was back in time for the wedding, he threw it in my face. The waves ran from 9am (or earlier?) to 4pm. She ran at 9, I ran at 1pm. The race was 45min away from home but there was a football game that got over and traffic was terrible on the way home (the Huskers are a big deal around here) so the ride home took 2 1/2 hours! I think he's mad I didn't make it to his family's thing, but MY family was here! I only get to see them twice a year. His family LIVES here!
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yeah I knew there had to be more to the story. Is he constantly wanting you to do stuff with his family? Or does he have a controlling parent?
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    He's probably just had it in his ear all day from his family asking where you are, why you weren't at the wedding etc. Being a bit grumpy isn't a reason to move on!
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    maybe he thinks mud is not sexy and doesn't want the image of you caked in mud embedded in his brain.
    respect that.

if you are usually immaculately groomed then that tells me he likes his women that way.
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    Maybe you should look at both sides here. He supported you doing it and was happy you enjoyed it. Why isn't that enough? I'm not much of a picture guy either and wouldn't really care to look at them.
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    Wow! Major jerk move!! I wouldn't put up with that if I were you. If he's not supportive, then eventually he will be a hindrance to your goals. Right now his passivity might not seem like a detriment to your success... but left to grow over time, it will. If he can't support you in something you're excited about now, he WILL hold you back from your potential later.

You deserve better. He deserves the boot.
    great advice to ensure someone is forever alone. If this is a deal breaker, prepare for a lifetime of disappointments
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    my fiance doesnt always give a rats rear about my interests, but if i get the, "dont want to know, dont want to see, dont care" bit, its because i was probably sh***y to him earlier that day. ill go off and have fun, despite a big nasty argumemt, but if he isnt going with me he sits and stews. so when i get home and am over it amd pumped up, hes still annoyed.

or he just doesnt care about whatever im blathering about. i love horses/cats, he hates them. he is way less than interested in hearing about either. that doesnt make him a pig or a jerk. myy eyes glaze over when he talkes about cars. if hes not interested he needs to make sure you know, because if he feigns interest he'll have to come clean AFTER you sign up for a couples run, ya know?

i like how every vent about men on here ends wil 30+ pages of "dump him"
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Just break up.