Not feeling hungry but not matching daily calories?

Options
MFP has set me 2000 cals a day, I usually eat up to 1600 of these but I am never left feeling hungry. I also burn about 600 calories for 5 days a week. Why am I not hungry? I am not lacking energy either, I do at least 1 hour of cardio and weights every time I work out and dont feel exhausted. Am I harming by body by not eating enough?

Replies

• sudione
    Options
    Don't rely on MFP! You are too young and not seem to be overweight. This site is designed for 'heavy' poeple. They DO feel hungry and they DO lose weight if they eat what MFP says. Not you! :)

Take care!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I really would not worry then honey,if you are in tune with your body and eating all good stuff your body wil tell you if it needs more! :bigsmile:
    1600 is fine for your age x
  • yelsha93
    yelsha93 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Don't rely on MFP! You are too young and not seem to be overweight. This site is designed for 'heavy' poeple. They DO feel hungry and they DO lose weight if they eat what MFP says. Not you! :)

Take care!

Thanks! :) I think I am going too much on the numbers given to me and having 700+ calories left at the end of the day has been stressing me out because I've read too much about starvation mode to wanna go there haha.
  • adietron
    Options
    Being young and male, you've got the metabolism that can support eating more calories, if you're truly worried about it. Add half an avocado to your lunch, and you're up 160 calories. Add a little handful of nuts and you're up another 150 calories.

That being said, my husband went into a similar deficit, and saw crazy results (with regular, vigorous exercise). You will see results if you keep it up, but after your initial few weeks of fat loss, think about bumping your cals (again, with cal-dense foods like nuts) so that you NET 50-100 cals above your *resting BMR. You could also switch it up by maintaining your 400 deficit during the week, then re-feeding (i.e. feasting) on the weekends. Think about what kind of lifestyle you can reasonably sustain over the long term. I bet you'd be a pretty happy camper at 1800-1900 cals a day.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much you weigh but judging from your pic 1600 seems like a happy medium. Don't stress if your not hitting 2000 every day
  • christine_lisel
    Options
    Dont' worry. Eat as much as you need, but never more than 2000cals. :)
  • yelsha93
    yelsha93 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Being young and male, you've got the metabolism that can support eating more calories, if you're truly worried about it. Add half an avocado to your lunch, and you're up 160 calories. Add a little handful of nuts and you're up another 150 calories.

That being said, my husband went into a similar deficit, and saw crazy results (with regular, vigorous exercise). You will see results if you keep it up, but after your initial few weeks of fat loss, think about bumping your cals (again, with cal-dense foods like nuts) so that you NET 50-100 cals above your *resting BMR. You could also switch it up by maintaining your 400 deficit during the week, then re-feeding (i.e. feasting) on the weekends. Think about what kind of lifestyle you can reasonably sustain over the long term. I bet you'd be a pretty happy camper at 1800-1900 cals a day.
    I think I will consider the handful of nuts just to get me up there, I think I stress too much lol.
    I have been seeing great results I have gone from 115kgs to 106kg in about 5 weeks so it's been great surprised its actually working. Thanks for your reply :)
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

Take care!

I know this wasnt aimed at me and I do mean this with all due respect. Im on an 1800 a day "limit" if you will. I workout anywhere from 15-45 minutes of circuit weight training. I barely net 800 on most days. Im never hungry, I dont have cravings. I dont feel deprived or overly tired. Ive lost 50 + pounds in 60 days and feel that this is something I can maintain forever. Rather than a diet......this is my new lifestyle. I want to lose another 100 pounds (my doctor doesnt agree but we'll see)

All us "heavy" people are not the same, anymore than lighter weight people are. Please dont broad-brush us and put us all into the same "group"