Looking for fellow running friends

Options
2»

Replies

• klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm a fledgling runner with my first 5k next month. I'm surprised by how much I enjoy running. Feel free to add me!
  • seizethefray
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I'm a new runner training for a half in March 2013. I've gone from almost dying running a half mile to recently running the 4 mile Coronado Bay Bridge run without stopping. Four miles to 13 won't be so easy. Advice very much needed and appreciated. :D
  • mwestonp
    mwestonp Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first half marathon in November (Santa Barbara, CA). Anyone on this thread looking for running friends, feel free to add me.
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I'm a new runner training for a half in March 2013. I've gone from almost dying running a half mile to recently running the 4 mile Coronado Bay Bridge run without stopping. Four miles to 13 won't be so easy. Advice very much needed and appreciated. :D

i think you might be wrong on that :tongue: it seems (at least for me) that from my original dying from 1 mile at a time to 4 was harder than the 4 to 10 was. i have not hit over 10 at once yet but i have only been running a few months now. my advice is to keep adding just a bit at a time, i set mondays as my day to add a mile every monday and went from 4 to 5, 5 to 6, 6 to 7, and felt like i could just keep going so i made it 10 the next week :smile:
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm training for the Chicago marathon in October. I've done 3 other marathons and 3 1/2s in the past 4 years. I'm that odd mix of fat guy and marathoner.

Best of luck to all the people training for their first.
  • seizethefray
    Options

i think you might be wrong on that :tongue: it seems (at least for me) that from my original dying from 1 mile at a time to 4 was harder than the 4 to 10 was. i have not hit over 10 at once yet but i have only been running a few months now. my advice is to keep adding just a bit at a time, i set mondays as my day to add a mile every monday and went from 4 to 5, 5 to 6, 6 to 7, and felt like i could just keep going so i made it 10 the next week :smile:

You have no idea how much more hopeful you just made me. Thank you! I can't wait to be able to say I can run 6, 7, even 8 miles like it's no big deal. I think I'm going to focus on mastering the 5K first and when that gets too easy, I'll start adding one mile a week as you suggested. Thankfully I have a lot of time to train and build up my endurance.
  • grendel322
    grendel322 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! Most of my "friends" on here are either into running, beer or music - sometimes all three! Anyone else feel free to add me!
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend as well.... I've been running a little over a year. Training for my first 1/2 marathon on 10/6!!!!
  • jtslim42
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am training for a 1/2 marathon right now. The race is October 28th:drinker:
  • sugarbomb83
    sugarbomb83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm not the best runner but I am trying to improve! :bigsmile:
    I am going to start with a 5k since I've never done a race before.
  • brooke_2727
    Options
    Hi...I'm a runner (feel free to friend me if you'd like) :-)

All the best to you in training for your half marathon..you'll do great!!!!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I am also a runner and love my running friends! Feel free to add me too :-)
  • rachgolds
    Options
    Training for my first full in October...feel free to add!
  • Double_Tapp
    Options
    Hi, saw your post, I am also a runner and cyclist. I have completed eleven 5Ks and two 100 mile cycling rides in the last year. I always looking to add friends with similar interests. Feel free to add me. I log on MFP daily and my count is up to 538 consecutive days.
  • espi180
    espi180 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    About to run my fifth half-marathon in November. I'm not very fast, but working to lose the pounds and get better! Would love to have some running motivation as well! Hoping to run a full next year.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    5k veteran here, looking to do my first half next year and am always looking for running friends!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Runner recovering/suffering from injury here...love to make new friends that run,too.
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm a newish runner (started this Feb with C25K). Just broke 6 miles this morning:)