success but not seeing it?

Options
2»

Replies

• renkatrun
    renkatrun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My situation is just like yours: +20 lbs down (just over 145 down to 121), can't see it in the photos. I took before and after photos for the 30 day shred, too. Just can't see a transformation in the pics: but everyone has noticed, I have dropped 3 clothing sizes and the measurements don't lie. I put it down to the fact that I gain and lose weight evenly all over my body. I just "shrunk". I am assuming that is what has happened to you. Pictures do lie :) (Although you are clearly more toned.)
    Congratulations!
  • Tmiller20
    Options
    I lost 8lbs and i don't see it either lol hoping to see it as i go along Great work hun keep it up!! :)
  • Scotts_Foods
    Scotts_Foods Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Curious; 1. What was your body-fat % before and after?
    2. What did your exercise program look like throughout?
    a. consistency
    b. resistance training
    c. cardio
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    My situation is just like yours: +20 lbs down (just over 145 down to 121), can't see it in the photos. I took before and after photos for the 30 day shred, too. Just can't see a transformation in the pics: but everyone has noticed, I have dropped 3 clothing sizes and the measurements don't lie. I put it down to the fact that I gain and lose weight evenly all over my body. I just "shrunk". I am assuming that is what has happened to you. Pictures do lie :) (Although you are clearly more toned.)
    Congratulations!

yes i agree, i never thought of losing it evenly all over my body,i was expecting it noticeable in a specific area more so. I guess that is a good thing.
  • lin7604
    Options
    U have abs in the 2nd pic! How can u not see that girl?

oh i see that, but that was the only real difference i saw... i only got that after doing 30ds. before i was just soft like in my before pics.... i knew i had a bit more definition in that area but i still have a lower pooch and it stick out very easily. In the am i look like that pic but i eat and it's gone,lol...
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You can tell your very toned.
  • lin7604
    Options
    Curious; 1. What was your body-fat % before and after?
    2. What did your exercise program look like throughout?
    a. consistency
    b. resistance training
    c. cardio

my body fat % i am not 100% on as i never knew about these online calculators until a bit after i started to lose weight. When i did start i was probably around 125 and i was 26.9, now is 25.2% according to fat2fit.com on the military calculator. l still want it lower...

My exercise started out 1 hr a day, elliptical or treadmill, then after 2 months i started 30 ds, so i was doing 30-45 min cardio and the 30ds dvd. Once i was done that 30ds i started rin30 but not as much cardio. I instead did 2 levels of rin30 5-6 days a week. Then i kinda stopped all planned exercises as i was getting frustrated as my loss was so slow. at this point it had been 6 months and had just hit 10lbs, so i focused more on eating. FYI: When i started in Oct i cut out pop, chips and fast food. I have no access to the gym as we live out of town and i can't afford it anyway, so what ever exercise i have done i do at home with that i have. i only have 3 and 5 lbs hand weights right now, getting 8 lb ones today and i have a treadmill and elliptical. Currently i take my puppy on a 20 min walk daily and i am doing 30 ds over 5-6 days a week. I m almost done and then i was going to start rin30 and i want to purchase les mills pump in about a month or so...

i was very dedicated to making sure i exercised, logged every bite i had, cut out bad foods and tried new ones. I kinda got obsessed with it and then not to have the weight come off faster was frustrating and especially for me to look at my pics and not see a hug difference... I have less time to exercise now as that is why i started up the dvd's again as i have a new job and i really only get 30 min a night to exercise except of course on the weekend where i can go longer if needed. so i have to make the most of what i have.....

hope that gives you answers to your question....
  • ouddy29
    ouddy29 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    WOW very suprised that you cannot see your progress. Your abs are very toned compared to your starting pics. (you no longer have love handles) Your thighs and calfs are more tomed also. You look great.
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference! You have lost in your tummy, arms, butt, legs... You look ripped!
  • lin7604
    Options
    see this is what i needed, for others to mention what they see different for me to see it. thanks. Now that you guys have mentioned some of the areas, i do see some changes. sorry that i had to be pointed out to see them. I also thin kit was b/c i have only received one comment from "anyone" about my loss or how i look and that comment was just last week. no one else has said anything to me so i assumed they don't see it either, so it's not just me...
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I can totally see it, you lost it all over your body, calves, thighs, waist, arms. You look much more toned and slimmer in the second photo! Looking Good!!!

Sometimes the people who are around you all the time are the last ones to notice changes about you, simply because they see you all the time and the gradual changes sometimes go unnoticed. Give them time, they will notice it sooner or later :)
  • tsegears
    Options
    You are definately more toned. I am doing Insanity and I just completed the first month. Just for fun, I took some progress pictures because unlike you, I haven't seen much weight loss on the scales. To my surprise, I can definately see some differences in my butt and thighs. They look leaner and I have been able to get into a couple of outfits that still had tags on them from last year. When I compared the before pictures with the new pictures, I became a little happier because doing Insanity is bananas. But, to see no reward would be so discouraging. Keep up the good work!

13107194.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!