What are your favorite food containers/lunchboxes?

Options
2»

Replies

• allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I love Planet Boxes. Stainless steel so no plastics used. All one piece that goes right in the dishwasher. Sealable containers for wet stuff or dips. I use them foe kid lunches, and they love picking their magnets in the morning and helping decide what their "treat" will be in the smallest section. I use it every day at work to pack a variety of portion controlled items. Love it!!!

Www.planetbox.com

Pricey, but built to last.

Thank you for the link, I am def gonna check these out
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Checkout Walmart!!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/19699713?adid=22222222227014739389&wmlspartner=wlpa&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=13702698430&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem&veh=dat

I almost forgot to name it - my mini crockpot for work. :)

I bought it at BJ's but they apparently sell it online through Walmart and in some stores. It's pretty neat. I pull out the metal pot and fill it with anything I love eating hot (spaghetti, grilled foods with rice, veggies...etc). I leave the little pot in my fridge and in the a.m. I grab it and I put it in the mini-crock pot. I take it to work and find an outlet and just plug it in. By the time my classes are done and lunch arrives, the food is nice and hot and I just wind up the cord (or not) and eat it in my room. I used to be so bored of sandwiches. Now, I make enough leftovers that I can easily just fill her up and plug it in my room. I do leave some paper bowls in case I forget. It's happened once to me. Oops. Grin. Either way, now I'm not so bored. I also don't waste like five minutes microwaving my food and it's guaranteed to be hot for lunch time.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Lock and Lock all the way. You can purchase a few of them at walmart (get the REAL) lock and locks...or you can order them on QVC.com I love them!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Ooohhh, those 6packbags are sold on Amazon and they have smaller models! That looks like a great system and I have my eye on the 3 meal pack.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I looked into the planet boxes. How do you like the amount of food it holds? Is it too little for a whole day of work? To me those boxes look very small...

They have a version called the "rover" which is bigger for adults. they fit a full-size sandwich better and have fewer but bigger compartments. I had already bought the smaller kind before those came out. I find it's plenty of room for me. Room for 4-6 oz of protein, usually leftover meat from dinner or I make a lot of meat/cheese roll ups. Then I usually fill the others with veggies and fruit. It always looks colorful. People comment on my lunches at work every day because it looks so good in the box. I eat Paleo so my food is pretty filling.
  • KaydeForce
    KaydeForce Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ooohhh, those 6packbags are sold on Amazon and they have smaller models! That looks like a great system and I have my eye on the 3 meal pack.
    Let me know if you decide to get that one. I was worried it might be too big. I carry a LOT of food but I hide it in a tote bag. And this one is very obviously a lunchbag... So I don't know. I tried to find it at a GNC (they do sell them, not at every store though...) but I wasn't able to find a store who carries it so far...
  • sbrunskill
    Options
    I love love love the glaslock containers from bed bath and beyond. They make perfect small sizes (my favorite is a 3" by 4" which fits a little bit of the protein, carb, and Veggie that I made for dinner the night before. The size really helps with portion control. I usually make dinner for 4 or 6 (there are two of us), then put small meals together in these things and put them in the freezer. Then my husband and I can just grab a meal or two out of the freezer in the morning and be on our way, and I usually have a little bit of a variety in there also, so we don't always have to eat the same thing 2 days in a row. They are glass so you can take off the plastic lid (which does not leak like the pyrex ones) and put it in the microwave at work. They never leak, they don't discolor or take on the odor of the foods and I think they are about 7.00 each, which wile a bit pricier than the gladware, they will last forever. I have had my midgets for about 6 years and my glasslock containers for about 4.

My other favorite must have are the tupperware midgets. (you can usually get them on amazon $7.00 for 6 of them). These are little 2 oz cups with a leak proof lid that are perfect for salad dressing, or one snack size portion of hummus or peanut butter to go with your carrots and celery sticks, which by the way fit perfectly into the glasslock containers.

Good luck
  • natalie2355
    natalie2355 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The lunch bags from thirty one are nice... not great for when i work 12 hour days, but for my 8 hour days they work really well
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I carry my Elmo insulated lunch bag to work every day, got a few raised eyebrows when we moved into a new office building, it makes me smile!! Label says Fast Forward New York and Sesame Street. I use small clip-lock containers inside it. :happy:
  • KaydeForce
    KaydeForce Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a Thermos 18can lunch tote off of amazon. I've seen a colleague carrying her lunch to work in it and I loved it. It doesn't look like a lunchbag, it's insulated, and it's HUGE.
    Plus I've decided not to get one of those big bento-style lunch containers. i do like them, but I also like the flexibility my hundreds of different sized containers give me. Plus I got some silicone muffin cups to put inside the containers for dips, sauces etc...

So far I like this system. The tote hasn't arrived yet. I'll let you know how it is once I have it.