What do you think of this for Halloween?

Options
LadyIvysMom
LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
So Halloween is a pretty big deal in my house. Halloween itself is my wedding anniversary and also, me and a friend are hosting a huge party a week beforehand at my friends house (which is my old house cause my friend & I used to be roomies).

When I lived there, my friend and I threw huge parties every Halloween until I moved out to get hitched in 2010. Shortly thereafter my friend bought the house we’d been renting. So he lives there forever and now I just come visit to co-host the parties lol

This year, I am just plain stumped on a costume. In past years, I’d always just be Death from Sandman if I couldn’t come up with anything else. But I’ve fallen back on that so many times. So I’m thinking of just wearing a bunch of Halloween themed stuff and calling it a day.

Earlier this year a (different) friend purchased this lovely corset for me as a gift from Etsy (yes, I have fabulous friends!) What do you Halloween fans think of this corset with a top hat and a “gothic” looking skirt or black jeans? Is this Halloween-y enough for a co-host of a Halloween party?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/75210864/horror-film-bondage-chain-corset

il_570xN.237035855.jpg

Replies

• AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    OMG, that is all sorts of awesome! I would wear it with either a tight short black skirt or a a long flowing black skirt. Either way have a great time!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I think thts is awesome too! I see it with a black tulle skirt, fishnets (or other patterned black stockings) and boots in addution to the top hat with a black tulle veil and crimped hair!
  • LadyIvysMom
    Options
    I think thts is awesome too! I see it with a black tulle skirt, fishnets (or other patterned black stockings) and boots in addution to the top hat with a black tulle veil and crimped hair!

ooooh. I didn't even think tulle. Now I think I need to go find a tulle skirt! Thanks for the awesome idea! :)
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    This is my Halloween plan!

SuperMarioBros_Mario_Luigi_Girls_Blog.jpg

I need a Luigi though
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Can't even tell you how much I love that corset. It's going to look fabulous.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    302306_660691567291_1541411311_n.jpg
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    HELL YES.
  • donnab83
    donnab83 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Omg! That corset is emense! I want 1!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    So Halloween is a pretty big deal in my house. Halloween itself is my wedding anniversary and also, me and a friend are hosting a huge party a week beforehand at my friends house (which is my old house cause my friend & I used to be roomies).

When I lived there, my friend and I threw huge parties every Halloween until I moved out to get hitched in 2010. Shortly thereafter my friend bought the house we’d been renting. So he lives there forever and now I just come visit to co-host the parties lol

This year, I am just plain stumped on a costume. In past years, I’d always just be Death from Sandman if I couldn’t come up with anything else. But I’ve fallen back on that so many times. So I’m thinking of just wearing a bunch of Halloween themed stuff and calling it a day.

Earlier this year a (different) friend purchased this lovely corset for me as a gift from Etsy (yes, I have fabulous friends!) What do you Halloween fans think of this corset with a top hat and a “gothic” looking skirt or black jeans? Is this Halloween-y enough for a co-host of a Halloween party?

il_570xN.237035855.jpg

Love the top hat idea, but I'd also pair it with this black tutu skirt:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Black+tutu+skirt+images&view=detail&id=10A97FA5681EFF80EB15007ECCDAF700DC5852CF&first=41

Some black fishnets and some kitchy shoes something like this:
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Red+Patent+leather+stilettos&view=detail&id=8F8D1081E3210666DFDDFE031A8C4FAAC5294F5D&first=672

Oh, and don't forget the BRIGHT red lipstick...or black. Black would work great, too.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Of course my mind immediately went to latex pants, stiletto boots and a whip....but....tulle sounds nice, too.
  • LiveLaffLoseLove
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! Have fun!
  • LadyIvysMom
    Options
    lol @ taunto
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options

il_570xN.237035855.jpg

I vote yes.
  • LadyIvysMom
    Options
    You guys are giving me some awesome ideas! Thank you so much. :D

Now I'm definately sure this is what I'm doing. :D
  • xynyth
    xynyth Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That is probably the coolest corset I have ever seen. I wouldn't care what you paired it with, it's on theme. Love, love, love it!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I think you should try it on and post a pic for us.............
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I'd go with a Psychobilly look with that corset. Black pencil skirt and barrel rolled fringe/ bangs- Betty Paige meets Vampirella.
  • LadyIvysMom
    Options
    I think you should try it on and post a pic for us.............

I have a few. I just have to figure out a way to get them onto MFP from my iPhone lol
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    302306_660691567291_1541411311_n.jpg

OMG! YES! Yes! Yes!!! This kicks *kitten*! You win!!!!
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    oh yeah! That's perfect! : D