No weight loss after starting running again.

Options
I started running 3 miles x 3 times a week again (post baby) about three weeks ago and in that time have stopped losing weight.

Could I have lost some fat and maybe my body is also holding water due to my muscles recovering from the running, so no overall weight loss ?

I do have a body fat scale but it is not that accurate and I have measured myself recently and I have lost 2 inches off my bust and hips in the same month of not losing weight, so something is working..

Replies

• amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I would honestly just measure yourself.
    I have been running a lot lately (25-30 miles per week) and I haven't seen a difference in the scale. I took measurements 4 days ago and I am going to remeasure in 2 weeks.
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight both times that I completed the C25K running program- but did notice that my pants felt looser and my core was tighter. Measuring is your best bet. :)
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Definitely take some measurements! I had about 3 weeks where the scale wasn't really moving after I began really running. I got out the tape measure and realized I had lost 2 inches off my thighs. 2 inches!!! I was ecstatic!
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks, right I'll stop worrying about the lack of weight loss and keep checking with my tape measure. Off to get ready for my Zumba class :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It could be water weight. But yes, take measurements. It's a much better way to track your results than a scale. Scales lie.
  • JPKemp
    Options
    I had the same problem. I actually gained 6 pounds and my measurements went UP when I started running about 6 weeks ago. About 5 days ago, I increased my calories to 2100 and BAM...dropped the 6 six pounds and my measurements are on the way down. I started running slowly and short distances and I am up to 5 miles 3 -4 times a week. Take a look at your calorie intake, you might need to eat MORE.....YEAH!!!!:happy: