Veggies...protein

Options
I have a fairly balanced diet but never get anywhere near 30% protein, most days I get around 25%..

I din't particularly feel the lack but I just wonder of any other veggies have the same issue..and ways to get round it without protein powders.

Replies

• auntjenny74
    auntjenny74 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I ignore the protein recommendations. I eat this way regularly and feel pretty good and I don't see any negative effects on my running performance, so what I am doing seems to be working.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Leafy greens, beans, almond or soy milk, tofu, nut butter, nuts, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, quinoa, lentils, tempeh, sprouted-grain bread ... to name a few!
  • sionnain
    Options
    I totally get enough protein, it's ridiculously easy. You just really don't want to get too much or you'll have kidney problems, etc. I just make sure I have some kind of bean or grain in every meal, and I usually get like 50+ grams per day (which is still more than I need.)
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I have a fairly balanced diet but never get anywhere near 30% protein, most days I get around 25%..

I din't particularly feel the lack but I just wonder of any other veggies have the same issue..and ways to get round it without protein powders.

According to all basic recommendations women need between 40-60grams of protein. I get in the 50's some days, and some days up to 70. I do not have any protein powders. I eat a varied diet with beans as a major protein source, quinoa, seeds, a variety of vegetables (which all have some protein), tofu, ect...Why do you think you need 30% protein? If the body doesn't use it, it just goes to waste.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Oh it's just the setting on MFP for the macros. I have a virtually grain free diet , by choice, ankles me feel much better and my endo go away so..