Is this crazy?

Options
My friend threw something out of the blue at me, and I'm not sure whether to think she's lost it or may have a point.

Controlling portions and getting your nutrients strictly from.. baby food?

Please bring me back to reality.

Replies

• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Why when you can have adult food and enjoy it so much better. maybe the desserts..lol, but the rest ummm no.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Common sense question. Are an adult female's nutritional needs similar/same as that of an infant?

Also: Have you tasted baby food? It's pretty unappetizing.
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Why when you can have adult food and enjoy it so much better. maybe the desserts..lol, but the rest ummm no.
    Yeah she heard it somewhere in the hospital she works. Maybe a delirious patient..
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Common sense question. Are an adult female's nutritional needs similar/same as that of an infant?

Also: Have you tasted baby food? It's pretty unappetizing.

No I have not, I stay pretty separate from children of any kind.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. When my kids were babies, we boiled carrots or beets or potato or pears, and ran them through the food processor, then put them in tupperware and fed them that. Why would you not just eat the carrots, beets, potato or pears? We only just smashed them because babies don't have teeth. It's an unecessary step for grown-ups.

So, is she saying she wants to be a vegetarian, or is she saying that she wants to pull all her teeth out?
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the Baby Food Diet was made popular a few years ago after certain celebs admitted to doing it.

Yes, it is crazy.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    I don't get it. When my kids were babies, we boiled carrots or beets or potato or pears, and ran them through the food processor, then put them in tupperware and fed them that. Why would you not just eat the carrots, beets, potato or pears? We only just smashed them because babies don't have teeth. It's an unecessary step for grown-ups.

So, is she saying she wants to be a vegetarian, or is she saying that she wants to pull all her teeth out?
    How slow of me.
  • samlankford
    Options
    not to mention that it smells revolting and looks like something that is already in a used baby diaper...
  • mrswarrick
    mrswarrick Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Pull her teeth out for a diet, thats a new one! :laugh:

There is a Wiggles (kids group) song that is all about "chew your food, chew, chew, chew, your food". Now get that stuck in your head today.....
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    not to mention that it smells revolting and looks like something that is already in a used baby diaper...
    Ack! sounds awful. never actually been in the vicinity of it since I was eating it at my appropriate age..
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    I'll pass!
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I could not have said it better.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I am guessing it works - but because the portions are so small that the total calories consumed are restricted resulting in weight loss. There is nothing special or magic about the baby food. Its just the tiny 4 oz serving sizes.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    This is a celebrity diet and not a good way to lose weight. Have you seen the amount of carbs in this stuff. Just eat fruits and vegetables.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    As others have said, there is really no reason to do this. Unless you like baby food. I love Gerbers Peach by the way.

But, it's better to eat the whole fruit/veggie.

Also, you'll need to supplement this diet to get the necessary protein, calcium, etc. that you need as an adult.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    that's a lot of breast milk
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    baby portions and nutrients are for babies...consider yourself back in reality
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    The only thing that makes sense is pablum for people with iron deficiencies. It's actually what my doctor prescribed me instead of iron pills.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    that's a lot of breast milk
    hahahah
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Another idea is to use a smaller plate. Worked for me for a while.